feeling quilty by buying tickets for the tii movie

Part of me feels guillty about the 'This Is It' screenings, but Michael worked hard in the weeks before he passed away to make this show a spectacle. I would much rather see his work than for it to be hidden away for years. It's bad enough not being able to see any of his tours apart from Dangerous on DVD - imagine trying to get the TII footage released?? I'm glad they've chosen to show it, but I hope it's done tastefully.

Michael told us that he wanted to do these concerts. It was a career choice. We did not kill him.

No we did not kill him.

This all started back from the trail. I blame so many. The con-artists that started all this got off really easy, for now anyway. But the ones responsible for his death WILL PAY here on earth.

I just really wish he had not agreed to do those concerts. One was enough, so his kids could see him.

^ agreed with this. These rehearsals didn't kill Michael, that negligent b*stard of a doctor did. No need to feel guilty.

It's not even about guilt. I honestly believe Mike would not want us to see this. I mean really, they got footage from the funeral with his kids in it (from what I hear). Ya'll know Michael would not have wanted this.

Then sony getting even a dime of the proceeds. Uhggg Sony, After the way they treated him.

I don't care what nobody says Sony Montella (whatever) is behind the whole 93' 05' crap.

Will never give them I dime. I will never purchase a d*mn thing with the name sony on it or backing it.

I also think they played a role in his death. Uhggg I hate Sony

I honestly feel that MJ planned to release the footage.. Why else have a full dress rehearsal recorded in HD, with 3D lighting and everything.. Now them releasing it by using his passing as profit, is a bit unsettaling but expected.. In the end of the day, it's biseness.. Michael would not be suprised.. And Michael always wanted HIGH sucess.. High attention.. if his passing would bring his show more attention.. than I think he would have wanted it released.. Now the documentary and how its done.. I have NO idea.. Michael would have wanted it done HIS way.. that I don't know how close they would have done it.. So I'll watch it.. and make judgement after so

It's not even about guilt. I honestly believe Mike would not want us to see this. I mean really, they got footage from the funeral with his kids in it (from what I hear). Ya'll know Michael would not have wanted this.

Then sony getting even a dime of the proceeds. Uhggg Sony, After the way they treated him.

I don't care what nobody says Sony Montella (whatever) is behind the whole 93' 05' crap.

Will never give them I dime. I will never purchase a d*mn thing with the name sony on it or backing it.

I also think they played a role in his death. Uhggg I hate Sony

yeah bc this is not the way he wanted us to see his show..
I feel so sick right now :(

Where does it say that funeral footage is going to be added to this film? I keep hearing fans mention it but haven't seen an official source report it at all?

Michael wanted to do this tour - he wanted to be on stage again and wanted to see his fans.... he was HAPPY... he even said so right before he died how much he wanted to do this and how he was ready to do. He was all like "they still love me" when all the tickets sold out for all the shows... ok, maybe he didn't want to do as many shows as he was given but he still wanted to perform.

Michael has had problems with drugs and sleeping WAY before these concerts.. we're talking back in the Jordy days... then Gavin didn't help or Bashir... I don't believe that his sleeping was aimed JUST around these concerts.. and at the end of the day Murray is the one that killed Michael - he shouldn't have overdosed him. He should have known what he was doing - MILLIONS of people have sleeping problems but how many of them are killed because of it? I wouldn't blame the concerts for his death.... Performing was who Michael was. He loved it and he's said many times that he would sing and perform til the day he dies.

He's also said he wants to live forever... through his music... so we HAVE to show that we love Michael and keep him and his music alive.. and if that means going to see this film, then see this film I will do. We can't let his music die along with him.

Where does it say that funeral footage is going to be added to this film? I keep hearing fans mention it but haven't seen an official source report it at all?

Michael wanted to do this tour - he wanted to be on stage again and wanted to see his fans.... he was HAPPY... he even said so right before he died how much he wanted to do this and how he was ready to do. He was all like "they still love me" when all the tickets sold out for all the shows... ok, maybe he didn't want to do as many shows as he was given but he still wanted to perform.

Michael has had problems with drugs and sleeping WAY before these concerts.. we're talking back in the Jordy days... then Gavin didn't help or Bashir... I don't believe that his sleeping was aimed JUST around these concerts.. and at the end of the day Murray is the one that killed Michael - he shouldn't have overdosed him. He should have known what he was doing - MILLIONS of people have sleeping problems but how many of them are killed because of it? I wouldn't blame the concerts for his death.... Performing was who Michael was. He loved it and he's said many times that he would sing and perform til the day he dies.

He's also said he wants to live forever... through his music... so we HAVE to show that we love Michael and keep him and his music alive.. and if that means going to see this film, then see this film I will do. We can't let his music die along with him.

Bravo!!! This is 100% the truth!

Yes I agree with you Paisley. This is not the same as it would have been live on stage. He was not in full hair and makeup and wardrobe and he was not going flat out in the rehersal as he would have been on stage. I do not know if Michael would have wanted us all to see him in rehersal mode. He was very specific about how he wanted this show to be, how he would project himself with all the lighting, props and special effects and the sponteneity of a live show. That rapport cannot be recreated in a movie.

I have misgivings about it as I don't think that Michael would have settled for second best. Having said all this I too feel compelled to go see it, simply because I need to see him one more time and I really want to see a glimmer of the show that I was so looking forward to seeing live ~ those wonderful shows who's loss along with that of their star I have still not come to terms with

Well, if he would live, he probably wouldn't want people to see this or only included small bits on a DVD of the actual show, but he doesn't! He didn't get to finish this project and under these circumstances his usual perfectionism doesn't apply, I think! And of course it's not the same... everyone is painfully aware of that! It's just rehearsals!

That was the last thing he was working on, ever! I think he wouldn't want all of this go to waste and he would want the fans and the world to see what he was still capable of! So no, I do not feel guilty! Not at all! I'm glad that this footage exists and that it will be shown in cinemas! That the people, who were saying that he wouldn't cut it anymore, will get proven wrong... and judging by the excerpts I've seen so far, they will!

I just hope this is the MJ i remember and not an unhealthy one,He just look so small in these pictures sometime it hurts to watch

I honestly feel that MJ planned to release the footage.. Why else have a full dress rehearsal recorded in HD, with 3D lighting and everything.. Now them releasing it by using his passing as profit, is a bit unsettaling but expected.. In the end of the day, it's biseness.. Michael would not be suprised.. And Michael always wanted HIGH sucess.. High attention.. if his passing would bring his show more attention.. than I think he would have wanted it released.. Now the documentary and how its done.. I have NO idea.. Michael would have wanted it done HIS way.. that I don't know how close they would have done it.. So I'll watch it.. and make judgement after so

I think so too! I remember reading that there will be a docu released on DVD...I read that before June 25! I remember thinking it would be great to see it! If only I could find that thread where I read it. I don't think I was dreaming LOL

The tour killed him...

CR: “This was years ago. I’m going to go back probably eight years ago and Michael told me, ‘Cory, I can’t tour anymore. I’m not gonna tour anymore. Ok?’ I said, ‘why Mike?’ He said, ‘Because it will kill me.’ That’s what he said to me. He said, ‘It will kill me.’ Why would you say something like that? He said, ‘Well, remember when I was preparing for my concert and I passed out at the Sony Studio?’ He said, ‘Well, it’s because when I get ready for a tour I get dehydrated. I don’t eat. I don’t drink. I don’t sleep. I put so much of myself into preparing for a tour.’

That's why I feel guilty. He didn't have to do it...50 Shows, god....and now their making money and Michael is gone.

Don't you see how awfully thin he was in these videos? :(

Come on guys, you don't have to be so guilty about buying tickets for movie, Michael would be very sad about you guys still feeling bad about it, I'm sure he wants us to enjoy what he wants us to and honestly I'm very psyched about seeing the movie. So chin up and cut the sadness and be happy for Michael.

Back