Favourite instruments?

What is your favourite type(s) of instruments?

• Total voters
Fender Rhodes

green_rhodes.jpg

this is what i consider a perfectly tuned/processed Fender Rhodes sound:

Floetry - Say Yes intro (Live in New Orleans '03)

and my favourite Rhodes riff in a pop recording:

Minnie Riperton - Inside My Love (8-bar Rhodes riff)

I went with human voice. I'm a music fan AND vocalist fan. If your songs ain't suck so bad and you're a great vocalist to my ears, you get my moeny through your albums. The secoud favorites are piano and drum (both ethnic Korean/Western)---can't put one above the other.

BUMP!

Hey I also love congas and bongoes. One of these days I'm gonna get good enugh to beat those things like Randy Jackson does or used to do!!! lol At church I beat the chair in front of me to death during worship I just can't stop moving my hands to the beat.

And so, needless to say, TDCAU vid in Brazil, with the massive drums, is def. one of my fave vids. My 8 year old daughter really likes the beat of the song, too, whenever we hear it in HIStory.

I picked acoustic piano (just love the sound of a piano in a good pop song!), bowed strings (love violins) and the electric guitar :-D

i haven't been disappointed in anything musical. when it sounds good it sounds good, no matter how it comes about. my fav, though would be electronic keyboards.

COWBELL. APPRECIATE.

What a brilliant groove accentuator.

331kbiw.png

MJ
Workin' Day And Night
(Demo)

MJ
Don't Stop 'Til
You Get Enough

(Demo)

MJ
Pretty Young Thing
(Demo)

Santana
Oye Como Va
(or any other
Cuban jawn)

Acoustic PIANO
and Bowed strings(cello,violin...)
I like Percussions too (xylophone,timpani...) in symphony orchestra.

Great thing about the piano is it sounds good on it's own, due to the ease of which you can apply all your fingers to get tunes chords and harmonies etc all in one. I think the violin played by a professional is a far nicer sound, but it sounds a lot better playing over the bed of the other strings or the orchestra, and for that you need many many players. You only really need one piano because it's so complete as an instrument. I play bass too, both double and bass guitar, and they both sound great in their roles in bands and orchestras etc, can't beat some grooving bass, it was paramount to say someone like MJ's sound. But not many people want to listen to a bass on it's own for example, and this is where again the piano comes to the forefront. The only instrument that can really rival the piano in this right is the guitar, but i never took the time to go down that path. The piano isn't my favorite sounding instrument but it can still be beautifull, sounds fantastic in the american beauty soundtrack for example. But i just love the fact you can lift up the lid, and off you go, seems so much more appealing than the inevitable back ache after getting my double bass out of it's case haha. So overall, everything taken into consideration i'd vote for the piano, in both forms :)

I voted for bowed strings, thoough I don't like violin that much, only cello, it has deeper sound.

Cello- good intermediate that people might even listen to as a solo instrument. Violins are needed though for sound carpets and tapestry in the case of real genius.

Piano is still my true love, but I admit to passionate affairs with woodwinds. The human voice as well. Something about the male tenor and sometimes baritone is so very pleasing.

Can't handle electric guitars for too long, gives me emotional itches- classic and acoustic- awesome.

Back