Favorite MJ Performance

I can't stop watching the 1988 Grammys performance of "TWYMMF" I love how he stripped it down and at the end just went wild.

It's a bit of a cliché perhaps, but I couldn't really pick one favourite performance, just like I can't pick a favourite song, since there are so many great ones; I have different favourites at different times. All the performances already mentioned in this thread are tremendous. Also, I really like the performances of Bad that I've seen, since they're so raw and funky.

Last edited:
i like the mtv one as well, but mostly Will you be there
i like the dangerous performance at the vma's

but, mostly i like the Victory Tour Billie Jean...he looked so magical and glittery on stage dancing in a circle and throwing his hat in the audience. i get goosebumps.

oh and Bad Tour Heartbreak hotel. the one on The legend continues.
and shake your body bad tour

Last edited:
For me it would be History Tour...live in Munich....Earth song..1997......Beautiful!!!......OMG I am getting teary eyed because now I have to watch it and it always shows the real side of Michael....the loving caring side....

Oh yeah not to mention he looked so damn sexy in that black and red he was wearing...

I also think this performance shows a part of what Michael stood for...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6G2CBywLKk

Last edited:
For me it would be History Tour...live in Munich....Earth song..1997......Beautiful!!!......OMG I am getting teary eyed because now I have to watch it and it always shows the real side of Michael....the loving caring side....

Oh yeah not to mention he looked so damn sexy in that black and red he was wearing...

I also think this performance shows a part of what Michael stood for...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6G2CBywLKk

Good lord, the quality is excellent!!! I wish my concert DVD looked like that!!

Mines would have to be Billie Jean History Tour.....He slowed the beat down for this tour and REALLY BROKE IT DOWN....he slaughtered the ending! lol

Grammy's 88 (especially MITM), Earth Song (WMA 96', Wetten Dass, & Brit Awards)

Love those performances.

Oh now I understand we´re talking here about performances- and with performances you mean lyp-sincing. I hate lyp-sincing so the thread is not for me. I´m outta here.Sorry I didn´t know what performances means.

Performance can including singing and lip-syncing. When I think "performance" I think of just the overall package.

So with that I'll go with Billie Jean for the Dangerous Tour. His opening show of that performance was just so great. He had so much energy and he sung live. To me, that tour was his peak. History was great don't get me wrong (ducks before attack haha) but to me...his best work was on that tour.

MTV 1995 was also great. But it only really stands out for me because of his Billie Jean performance. He never duplicated that and it was just great stuff.

My top Billie Jean Performance. 9 minutes of pure genius. Some of the moves he did is the only time he EVER did them. Also, he was having sooo much fun. And yes he was singing LIVE from 4:30 on.....

He even rocked it when they were having technical difficulties with his mic at 5:30....lol

Performance can including singing and lip-syncing. When I think "performance" I think of just the overall package.

Ahh thanks for clearing it up. I thought only lip-syncing after I´ve read so many fans posted lip-syncing performances as their favorite.

My top Billie Jean Performance. 9 minutes of pure genius. Some of the moves he did is the only time he EVER did them. Also, he was having sooo much fun. And yes he was singing LIVE from 4:30 on.....

He even rocked it when they were having technical difficulties with his mic at 5:30....lol

Sorry I must say weak performance his voice doesn´t sound so strong in this video. Watch the Victory performance of Billie Jean much better. Just my opinion.

Sorry I must say weak performance his voice doesn´t sound so strong in this video. Watch the Victory performance of Billie Jean much better. Just my opinion.

I agree, Victory tour was brilliant. I like Michael in all stages of his life, unlike you. But that's just my opinion.

Also, once again....I'm not basing my opinion solely on vocals. Michael was a performer, that encompasses more than just singing....that also includes entertaining and DANCING...and History Tour was Michael best dancing tour of all time. And again, just my opinion.

lol, Arty...let's just agree to disagree...

Another example for you!;-)

The same goes with every other song Victory is Mike at his best

Compare for example Victory Human Nature : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALOLa...eature=related

10 out of 10

with Dangerous Human Nature: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNtBs...eature=related

5 out of 10

Not only is his voice better on Victory Human Nature even the music is much much better sounding!!!

So evolution from Victory to Dangerous??? Quite the opposite!

Last edited:
Back