Favorite childhood books?

Here are a few of my favorite childhood books (that I can remember - maybe yours will jog my middle aged memory):

I loved the Madeline books. I got lost in quite a few of those...

book%20madeline.jpg

I had a few Madeline books, taped the show that would air on the channel that is now ABC Family (back then it was called "The Family Channel") and I had two Madeline dolls, the original, and one that was dressed in a raincoat, hat, and boots. I also sang the theme song to myself when I was playing.

Aww great thread! :D

I love 'The Hungry Caterpillar'

HungryCaterpillar.jpg

I always made a beeline for that book when I went to the library.

Had that same book, same cover. :yes:

Some others I read were:
The American Girl Collection books
Goosebumps
Disney hardcover books
The Babar books (I had a stuffed Babar, too)
Pippi Longstocking books

I took this one out of my school library a lot:
61H4K1PQEML._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Michael would love this discussion.

Yeah he would have.

Here's another one I loved as a kid:

595eb220dca0afa7aece6010.L.jpg

About a cat that grows fatter and fatter as he eats everyone he meets, lol.

OMG I remember that story. I completely forgotten about it until I saw that picture.

I also read these as well:

6a01053610d3e6970b0112791912bb28a4-pi

I used to read some of Dr. Seuss's books.

65YearsofGoldenBooks-ESQ-Brattykidsandbabies_fb-59135547.jpg

I remember having a bunch of these books.

book_themitten.jpg

I so love that cute story.

Magic-School-Bus.jpg

My 1 cousin had those books. And I use to like reading them.

lgiver.gif

I remember having to read that book in junior high.

I had a few Madeline books, taped the show that would air on the channel that is now ABC Family (back then it was called "The Family Channel") and I had two Madeline dolls, the original, and one that was dressed in a raincoat, hat, and boots. I also sang the theme song to myself when I was playing.

In an old house in Paris
That was covered with vines
Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines...

I loved the rhyming text. I wanted to be one of the little girls in the orphanage who broke their bread with Madeline. When I read this book as a kid in the 70's there were no Madeline dolls, movies or TV shows (that I knew of). I'm glad she became popular with new generations. And generations before me loved the books.

Last edited:
65YearsofGoldenBooks-ESQ-Brattykidsandbabies_fb-59135547.jpg

I remember having a bunch of these books.

I had a bunch of those Little Golden Books too. I loved them! My favorite one was about the little girl who has an operation to have her tonsils removed. My sister and I wanted to have that operation too because the little girl got ice cream in the hospital to sooth her throat.

2823956454_da7d87cbac.jpg

In an old house in Paris
That was covered with vines
Lived twelve little girls in two straight lines...

I loved the rhyming text. I wanted to be one of the little girls in the orphanage who broke their bread with Madeline. When I read this book as a kid in the 70's there were no Madeline dolls, movies or TV shows (that I knew of). I'm glad she became popular with new generations. And generations before me loved the books.

In the middle of one night
Miss Clavel turned on her light
and said "Something is not right!"

I don't think she ever got any sleep.

Back