Fashion In Music

Taylor Swift

artworks-000206415599-g7rvlt-t500x500.jpg

Red for me. What do you think?
The red belt for sure. I've been trying to find out which came first. The White House visit was 1990 and so was the Sophia Loren thing, apparently. But not sure of the dates. I'd love to know if they did the black belt first and then changed to the red. The black belt doesn't quite work, imo, even though black is my fave colour. It's patent leather and, for me, the shine detracts from the outfit. Plus, the red belt picks up those 'accents' really nicely and pulls it all together so much better.

Also, it never occurred to me to post videos of this stuff. I've only just discovered them. I have such a 'thing' about Michael walking or running. I have to post this stuff!

Last edited:
@turtleneck_sweater

Posting this video of Michael at the White House in 1990 bc you can see his glorious outfit so much better than just in the photos.

Also, a shout-out to Barbara Bush. I love the cut of her skirt and way the pleats on her skirt move when she walks - I need to re-post my fave photo of her, lol - and her red shoes and red brooch. Nicely echoing the red accents in Michael's outfit. Did they consult each other beforehand? JK, but I love the idea, lol. The first 12 seconds of the video - Michael and Barbara walking together. omg!! :D

Artist of the Decade

1m 56s

Last edited:
Cross-posting this one. Love it so much. Especially the pleats on her skirt, the movement. But also, their legs and feet. So much in step with each other. Looks like a little dance. And Barbara with both her hands up and Michael with one hand raised, more symmetry! He's wearing shades, she's carrying her sunglasses. Red accents on Michael's outfit, Barbara with her red shoes and you can just see a tiny glimpse of her red brooch on her left side. Both with backswept almost bouffant hair. Both wearing short length jackets which end at the waist. I just love all the symmetries in this photo. Don't know why but it kills me! :D

Here endeth the Barbara Bush derail, lol.

iu

@turtleneck_sweater

Posting this video of Michael at the White House in 1990 bc you can see his glorious outfit so much better than just in the photos.

Also, a shout-out to Barbara Bush. I love the cut of her skirt and way the pleats on her skirt move when she walks - I need to re-post my fave photo of her, lol - and her red shoes and red brooch. Nicely echoing the red accents in Michael's outfit. Did they consult each other beforehand? JK, but I love the idea, lol. The first 12 seconds of the video - Michael and Barbara walking together. omg!! :D

Artist of the Decade

1m 56s

If your goal was to show the beauty of the perfect outfit and the man who's wearing it, as well as to cause my heart to beat ten times faster than usual, well, it worked. I needed to do some breathing exercises cause this is just so iwisjednwklwdnjwjsbsuwbdjaiwksmxn much. And the video... Divinity in motion!

Back