Extremely Rare Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presley Painting Goes to Auction

mkgenie

Proud Member
51097496_8b.jpg

"The Lovers," an original Brett-Livingstone Strong painting of Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley is scheduled for auction on eBay on October 22, 2010 with a10 day duration. Once reportedly commissioned by someone for $3,000,000 in 1995, this painting will now go on the market with the starting price of $1.00.

New York, NY (PRWEB) October 18, 2010

"The Lovers," an original Brett-Livingstone Strong painting of Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley is scheduled for auction on eBay on October 22, 2010 with a10 day duration. Once reportedly commissioned by someone for $3,000,000 in 1995, this painting will now go on the market with the starting price of $1.00.

There is a modest reserve to prevent an error or upset price as this auction will not be heavily marketed, relying chiefly on word of mouth and a viral online dissemination.

An anonymous collector, who acquired the painting, has chosen to auction "The Lovers" on eBay because of eBay's worldwide audience (Search eBay for "The Lovers, Michael Jackson
and Lisa Marie Presley"). "EBay's efficiency can achieve the market place's price discovery," explains the collector. He adds, "We contacted various established auction houses and had some difficulty because the artist simply does not have a well-established record of recent historic sales which is their primary tool before any consideration for consignment, no matter how beautiful, rare or culturally significant a work might be."

Mark Barisic, owner of an eBay Store, "Auctionbargainshere" and former Audit Manager at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, will be conducting the auction. Barisic has nearly 10 years of experience selling on eBay, with approximately 10,000 sales and more than 4,000 positive feedback commentaries. His family has been in the collectibles market for almost 50 years.

"The Lovers" was inspired by John Waterhouses's "Hylas and the Nymphs," painted in 1897. The painting depicts a romantic couple, Jackson and Presley, surrounded by young fairy nymphs, in an enchanting forest lagoon filled with ferns and flowers. The painting depicts a moment in Greek mythology where Hylas is lured into the spring by the nymphs as showed by the nymph pulling Michael by the arm and into the spring. Jackson and Strong chose to create this painting due to Jackson's own persona of peace and love as the scene in the painting is as Jackson saw himself in Greek mythology and immortality. What has been perceived as a controversial painting is in fact a magical and romantic masterpiece of such depths that few have understood until now.

Strong, an artist, sculptor and painter, is well known for the creation of "The Book," (http://www.thebookportrait.com), and other significant works such as the U.S. Constitution Monument and the U.S. Presidential Monument (http://www.spiritoffreedomtour.org).

To bid on this piece please visit eBay.com and search for "The Lovers
Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley". If you would like more information on "The Lovers" visit, http://www.thepassionportrait.com.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20101018/bs_prweb/prweb4662254_2

Makes me feel cold looking at this painting.

How come in paintings of Michael & Lisa Maria that I've seen, they never look like her?

which one is supposed to be Lisa Marie?

and don't tell me the one that holds Michael's arm - that girl has a darker skin tone than the other girls and has curly hair just like Michael (look to her shoulders you'll see the curl texture).

edit : this is picture from http://thepassionportrait.com .this one kinda looks like Lisa Marie

the_lovers.jpg

and the one on the first post

51097492_8.jpg

so are there two of these paintings with different woman :)

Last edited:
earthlyme;3024145 said:
When you click on the 3rd link, and u get to the site, the painting looks more like LMP smiling…

L.o.v.e.
Romi

yep I realized that after I posted but it looks like there are two versions of the painting - one with Lisa Marie and one with a woman with darker skin tone and curly hair :p

The woman with the darker hair and curls looks like a woman I could imagine being Blanket's mother. But I think it's not.

umm... Am I the only one wondering why he decided to go with BAD era MJ?

I dunno that was kinda odd IMO. But yeah nice painting.

I don't get it:
why there are 2 versions?

the_lovers.jpg

51097496_8b.jpg

:scratch:

I think there's actually not two versions..? It's probably painted more like more layers later? There's fog and all but the picture looks the same.

I think there's actually not two versions..? It's probably painted more like more layers later? There's fog and all but the picture looks the same.

yes the fog is added later but the woman has also changed - she has a lighter skin tone and brunette hair and smiling.

It doesn't look like the woman was intended to be Lisa Marie from start but later modified to be her.

the woman has also changed - she has a lighter skin tone and brunette hair

Yes, I meant that there are probably layers added later because the person is meant to be Lisa Marie.

umm... Am I the only one wondering why he decided to go with BAD era MJ?

I dunno that was kinda odd IMO. But yeah nice painting.

I suppose that the first pic is the one with Mike and the lady with darker skin. Probably around late 80s beginning of 90s.

Then Mike knew Lisa, married her, and the painter thought to make second picture, with Lisa in it.

Bret was friend with Michael and also friend of Elvis family. So this second one might be a gift for them, or something. I am sure that the one with Lisa in it is the second picture.

The first picture the idea is not original, is inspired from older picture, of other artist ( do not remember the name )

Hahhaah looks really cool though. Michael around all those women, what man would not dream of that? ;). So Michael and/or Lisa asked for this painting to be made?

I like the both paintings!

Mike is hot! I would like to know what thinks Lisa or the Jackson family about this painting!

the one of MJ and Lisa is FAKE and photoshoped by crazy people call themselves : (MJ LMP marriage fans ) , they fake everything , websites , facebook and twitter account, letters MJ handwriting , they filled the youtube with videos , they photoshopped hundred of recent pictures of the couple to dream that they were close in the final years...they made up stories and fill the forums with them...

the first one was original and it was painted in the 80's but the one with lisa is a fan virsion or phtoshoped even a blind person can see this ....the quality is different ,,,i think the original painter will be offended by this cheap copy of his painting !

Last edited:
I Love this picture, and I want to bid on it.
However, when I went to ebay, I could not find it anywhere.
Has anyone found this picture acturally listed on ebay?
If you find it, please provide me the link.
Thanks in advance.
:girl_butterfly:

when this pic was first in the press when mj and lisa married reports suggested the woman with dark hair to the left of the one holding mjs arms was supposed to be lisa

^ what is up with all the MJ +LMP's painting being auctioned off lately. This is the 2nd one in a month.

I am over these $$ grabs

wish they sold prints the artist would make a lot more money that way as i would pay up to $50 for a print but cannot afford the bids and postage on the original :(

i think the title should be :Extremely FAKE Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presley Painting !

but the original one is great !

I suppose that the first pic is the one with Mike and the lady with darker skin. Probably around late 80s beginning of 90s.

Then Mike knew Lisa, married her, and the painter thought to make second picture, with Lisa in it.

Bret was friend with Michael and also friend of Elvis family. So this second one might be a gift for them, or something. I am sure that the one with Lisa in it is the second picture.

The first picture the idea is not original, is inspired from older picture, of other artist ( do not remember the name )

Wow what a surprise seeing you here again, you don't post much!:clapping:
Vezi ca ti-m trimis un mail, astept raspuns:timer:

Back