Expectations of the next album of unreleased material

one thing i learned from the last album is how strong mj fans can be. i'm 17 years and been a fan of him for 2 + years. i've never experienced a mj era. my expectation for "michael" album were too high. i thought maybe i will finally experience a mj era (although not 100%,since the main force, mj ,is not here). then cascio controversy came and fans were divided, and then the album underperformed,therefore, knowing the strength of mj fans,
they should:
- not release any cascio songs, NONE!. we don't want more controversy and division between fans
-or well known unreleased songs "hold my hand", don't get me wrong, i love it, but i wanted never before heard songs,
-do not release previously unreleased songs "the way you love me "
- release songs that are finished enough, and have potential to be huge hits (i don't care when he did it, although i would like to hear invincible outtakes...but if they are not strong enough ,everything works with me)
- do not mess with mj songs or lyrics (hollywood tonight, what was the talking verse all about?, in mj's original lyrics, the girl did not have a happy ending, so the songs and video should follow mj's vision do not end happy ex.earth song),
-if they are not finished or close to be finished, DO NOT TRY TO FINISH THEM.

-THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL , DO NOT MAKE MJ FANS MAD, KEEP THEM HAPPY,ESPECIALLY THE ONES WHO ACT FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE.
......if they follow my simple instructions, this new album will be big, if not huge!!!, and with a little bit of luck we may forget "michael" ever existed (only in terms of controversy and low sales, otherwise this album was the best thing from 2010 musically, in my humble biased opinion lol)
if they make mj fans happy (they'll unite and promote it a lot) I expect big sales (5+mill),mj was a huge album seller

one last thing....hopefully they learned from their mistake and will make this next album justice, MJ DESERVES IT!. WHEREVER HE IS, he deserves one more act of love, all mj fans united for the same cause (enjoying a new album), from the casual fans to hard-core fans (at least 15 million around the glove)enjoying what mj left. sorry from long post.

Last edited:
Personally I really don't care anymore. Since any album that comes out now is really not the same anymore.:sad: I realized that last year after I had made the mistake of pre ordering the Michael album. That album and my Immortal album still remains unopened. I really got no desire of ever wanting to listen to them. I wish I had never gotten them in the first place.

Personally I really don't care anymore. Since any album that comes out now is really not the same anymore.:sad: I realized that last year after I had made the mistake of pre ordering the Michael album. That album and my Immortal album still remains unopened. I really got no desire of ever wanting to listen to them. I wish I had never gotten them in the first place.

you made a valid point. i say you don't care anymore. but you used (pre-order michael). the proble is "michael" disappointed fans so much to the point to not even care about new songs. now, with dissapointed fans (they have all the rights to be) they'll judge or actually take into consideration the quality of music. if it's good, i'm sure/hope these disappointed fans will once again have the excitement they once had "pre-michael", now it's up to the quality of music rather than only using his name, which is good in a way. now we are not just spending or getting excited in the next mj album. now the state have to bring the fans back and make they excited and wanting more.
to be realistic, i don't think it'll happen. fans are so hurt/tired/dissapointed from "michael", they just want to enjoy what mj left us
to be optimistic, the state still have a last chance

No release will ever feel the same for me again. I would be glad to listen to whatever he left in his vaults that he was working on but no matter how wonderful or amazing they might be they will always remain bittersweet.

^^ Same here. I wanna hear the songs as Michael left them whatever form that takes. I don't want anyone else forcing their vision on Michael's work. I would be more than happy with an album full of demos if that's all there is.

I never even bought "Michael." An album without useless controversy would be appreciated, although my trust has been broken.

A bit off topic:eek:fftopic:......

But Queen's Made In Heaven was released after Freddie Mercury passed away........

......It was made from recordings and unfinished songs that Freddie left and finished by the remaining 3 members of the band......

......And it sold over 20 Million copies worldwide.......

So I guess a MJ album from unfinished songs can still be good.........it's just a shame nobody alive can pull it off!!!!!

My estimate is that we'll get an album between ten and twelve tracks. The album should be comprised of Invincible and post-Invincible material with one or two older songs. Brad Buxer, Michael Prince and Neff-U are just two names that need to appear. I wouldn't mind hearing some Rodney Jerkins or RedOne material; if will.i.am decides to release his songs I'd welcome them as well, but that's a slim to none chance. And of course anything people like Dr. Freeze, Bryan Loren or Babyface could bring to the table is welcome!

This is pretty much the essential rules to the next album, as far as I'm concerned.

* Absolutely NO Cascio songs. I'm making this point first because it's one of the most important. It's like majority rules; even though a few fans think the songs are real most don't. Sales of Michael suffered because most fans won't support a Cascio project and I'm sure the estate is aware of this. Don't make the same mistake twice.

* Keep as much leaked material off of the album as possible. I understand fans wanting CD quality versions of Do You Know and Escape and such, but they can't overdo it. I've seen fan made track listings where half the album was leaked/previously released material and half was new material! That's way too much. On a twelve track album I'd go for two or three songs at the very most; on a ten track album I'd go for one or two. But that's it.

* Do not allow any unnecessary editing. If musical/vocal touch ups are needed (such as removing a portion that was unrecorded/unfinished) that's fine, but don't completely recreate the instrumental and add elements that weren't on the recording Michael left behind. Hollywood Tonight, (I Like) The Way You Love Me and Behind the Mask are three strong examples.
- Additionally, DON'T WORRY about whether or not each song sounds "current enough" for a single release. Any single releases should be songs done in the last ten years or so (Rodney Jerkins, will.i.am, RedOne, etc). They have the biggest opportunities.

* Choose songs that are between 75%-100% completed. These require the least amount of touch ups and can truly be delivered almost exactly as Michael left them.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY, make this feel like a Michael Jackson album. Michael felt more like a remix album. Even though he's not here to give his approval make these songs something he would be proud of. Don't let anyone force THEIR vision on Michael's music. Do something that makes the fans happy, the family happy and Michael happy. That's all that matters.

Days in Gloucestershire, I was the Loser & A Place with No Name, no previously heard Demo's please. and no more Cascio.

I know a lot of people have been let down including me by the ''Michael'' album however, didnt the Estate kind of made it good with the songs released on BAD25? I think as they've seen the fans(and general public) reaction and will be more carefull in the future, from BAD25 and onward. I mean, especially after releasing 25, I think they got fans's their trust a bit back but they still expect a good future release from them. Im almost a hundred percent sure they aint releasing Cascio songs no more. Im even sure they wouldnt have to work on the songs, as there are PLENTY of them recorded etc. And Im sure too, they know fans like to hear demos, maybe as an extra on an album.

Great suggestions guys.
I'm hoping for songs that are truly unreleased, and were recorded between 2002-2009. I felt that one of the big downsides with Michael was the claim that all of the tracks were recorded during this period, when in fact some tracks can be dated back as far as the 80's and 90's. If any Cascio tracks are included, I will not buy or support the album.

I wouldn't mind what era the estate chooses for the next album as long as the producers involved don't make them "current". They didn't respect Michael's vision on the album MICHAEL and look what happened. I've got the feeling it'd had been more successful if they hadn't touched the songs or putting those horrendous Cascio tracks. I don't care if it's full of demos, they must respect Michael's vision. It'd be nice to hear recent material, I agree but I bet the previous records have interesting outtakes. NO MORE FAKE, AWFUL SONGS PLEASE!

Last edited:
:(

It's so unfair... Michael should still be here with us and their children. After June 25, 2009, things will never be like before. The years will pass and will continue aching us. A part of each of us is gone forever with Michael. We will always miss Michael. Forever... Oh God, I think about him every day. :cry: *big sigh*

I think i speak for all of us when i say DO NOT put Justin Bieber on the album!

New songs he recorded before he died or in the recent years leading up to that. I'd like to hear what his music/albums would have sounded like in this age.

But I'm fine with anything as long as it's real and true. No autotune, no remixing (like they did with The Way You Love Me), no current artists that he never worked with.

I agree Courtney and analogue, they should had learned what a crap f*ckery the pitbull remix turned out. I don't know anyone who loves; I even prefer more the Thriller 25 remixes than the Bad 25 ones.

New songs he recorded before he died or in the recent years leading up to that. I'd like to hear what his music/albums would have sounded like in this age.

But I'm fine with anything as long as it's real and true. No autotune, no remixing (like they did with The Way You Love Me), no current artists that he never worked with.
You know, actually, I began to think that the Estate did this so new generations would listen to him and keep them interested. Im concerned they are not aware that even this new generation thinks nowadays music stink.

Im concerned they are not aware that even this new generation thinks nowadays music stink.
Really? I'm, unfortunately, a child of this generation (I'm 19 years old) and nearly ALL of my peers love the music of today and think older music "stinks." Frankly, I just think the "Michael" tracks, no matter how much they were over-produced (or not), didn't sound enough like today's music for them to appreciate it. I'm just basing that off of a few opinions I got from peers after they listened to the songs.

I think it's just the culture. When the culture changes, the people go with it and it's hard to go back. Music has changed a lot even since 2005 and kids are just following the trends. Sadly, that's how my generation is.

To mess with Michael's music for the sole reason to pull in more album sales and money is turns him into a product rather than an artist, in my opinion.

^ but of course its not everyone that shares the same opinion. But im sure definitely the majority of it, and the minorty which could been the people you know. Its all about business today(as it was before, but now in the extreme 'fase') its just about what gets promoted the right way. They know who they want to 'get' with promoting the artists they do. It may look like Im going over to another thing now as promoting and such but it really is the half(or even more) of what could make an artist, and artist these days.

I think it's just the culture. When the culture changes, the people go with it and it's hard to go back. Music has changed a lot even since 2005 and kids are just following the trends. Sadly, that's how my generation is.

I think if they keep pushing a certain kind of music in the media, on every radio and TV station etc. then people will become inclined towards that kind of music. It's like conditioning. Then that will become their taste in music. I think industry moguls make dumbed down popular music on purpose, so that they are able to make stars out of people who are not that talented and they are able to control them better.

Well, my expectations for the album are Prince/Buxer tracks, some Neff-U and RedOne songs and some Invincible/Dangerous outtakes.
They should released finished/almost finished songs and they must respect Michael's vision, not like „Michael” album, where the track were ruined (and the Cascio tracks, sure).

They should make a very good promotion of the album, a smart one. They could talk with the fans about how to promote it and release. They must release about 4-5 singles, to make the album known to the public, promoted with radio airing and videos.

I heard that some fans want demos on the album. I don't think it's possible to release demos on a studio album, unless it's a deluxe edition. That's the solution.

Back