Exclusive: Rodney & RayJ - Michael Jackson

I think the "work" Rodney is doing is creating the final mixes for the songs or fighting a political fight to make the tracklist.

I remember reading a few years back how political the track selection process is on MJ albums. Every producer, musician, etc. fights and fights hard to make the final tracklist. This is not only an ego thing, to prove that your work was good enough, but also a money thing. The royalties made from being on a Michael Jackson album are huge.

It's been implied this is what negatively impacted the relationship between MJ and Bryan Loren years ago. Bryan worked tirelessly for three years on Dangerous, recording something like 25 songs together, only to see not one make the final tracklist.

Babyface once had similar beef with MJ on this same topic. He told Friedman back around when Invincible came out that MJ has bought the exclusive performing rights to dozens of the best songs that Babyface wrote, and never even touched them. Babyface was frustrated because he'd much rather see these songs go to himself or other artists who will actually record and release them.

well MJ obviously knew what he was doing. and they all knew they wanted to work with him, and MJ had the 'it' factor. i know i wanted to listen to what MJ put out, no matter what, more than i did, those other artists. it makes sense that there would be a political battle to get music to MJ, and he had it going on, businesswise, and all artists know the fluctuation of creative muse.

Last edited:
I actually think that Rodney and MJ created some great work together and I'd be very excited at the prospect of hearing any Darkchild/MJ outtakes.

Threatened
You Rock My World
We've Had Enough
Unbreakable

These are all stellar tracks. Okay, I know they also did Privacy together, but on the whole, I think they worked well.

Thanx for uploading, it was nice to watch, ah.. memories.. memories.

Isnt he also the guy who produce the flopped invincible album?

Not interested in what he has to say..

All I gotta say is it a good thing this outright rude individual has been banned 'cause I was gonna let this troll have it.

I actually think that Rodney and MJ created some great work together and I'd be very excited at the prospect of hearing any Darkchild/MJ outtakes.

Threatened
You Rock My World
We've Had Enough
Unbreakable

These are all stellar tracks. Okay, I know they also did Privacy together, but on the whole, I think they worked well.

I agree!

Except for privacy! I like that one too! :D It told a story obviously! lol And he talks about Princess Diana! Which I'm glad someone like MJ who would know how being stalked feels like, so he told those bastards off! They killed his friend! :(

So for the message and because I think it's a good song too, I approve! He had others song like these before but, I like those kind of songs from MJ! Where MJ is pist off! It's the real and only time he gets to really vent out his frustration! And show people his human too! Something the media would like us to forget sometimes!

That was just the Title of the article not Rodneys words.
It was a misleading Tabloid title ..and there are NO quotes
from Rodny in the article _ its written from the journalist persective.

so how is to understand that ...

And it’s not just fans, even industry peers like Rodney Jerkins is amazed at the singer’s talent, comparing her to the late King of Pop.

... insisting the eccentric singer has the potential to build a career to rival the late music icon

Does matter if he compared lady Gaga to michael? people are always being compared it's human nature.

Back