Eurovision SOng Contest 2009

Everybody thinks Norway will win, but I doubt it, the only good part is the violin part, the rest sucks big time, he's not a great singer. I truly hope they won't win.

Ok peeps, get ready, the final starts in less than 10 mins! Good luck to all countries, and ofcourse especially to

FINLAND
:D:D:D:D

Very good so far! Iceland's song was so beautiful, and the stage looked magical. What an angelic girl and voice.. :angel: Almost brought me to tears, lol. I'm such a cry-baby..

This is the ones I votes for:

Turkey:smilerolleyes:
Iceland:yes:
Finland:clapping:
Azerbaijan:wub::clapping::angel::angel::wub:
Greece:wub::wub:
and..Albania

Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway

:cheers::clapping::cheers::clapping::wild::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:
Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway
Congratstulation Norway

:cheers::clapping::cheers::clapping::wild::cheers: :cheers:

Finland did poorly, but I don't mind, cuz Norway won!!

:clapping::cheers::clap::kickass::party:

I'm glad that the UK did better this time around, best we've done in a long time.

Hey, I liked Norway! It was unique and a catchy tune. We voted for Norway, Malta, Lithuania and Estonia. I wasn't wild about Iceland or Azerbaijan and was surprised they were up at the top like that. And Germany... good Lord... wth?

So did everyone catch THE LEAN(s) in the Greek performance, lol?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5QGHUoc2Mw (at 2:05 and on...)

I thought the Norwegian song was cheesy as hell (just like most of the songs:D) - But I swear, if that kid would've been a little cross eyed one with his face full of pimples then Norway would've ended up in the bottom 10 :D

Anyway, kudos that he at least wrote his own song - it ain't many that does that!

I'm gonna get my Teddy Riley on and send in a vocoded song to next year :p

I'm finna be there grabbing my crotch and moonwalking and shit... just watch :D

Aaaaaw, glad UK came 5th!!!! Well done!!! I wasn't expecting that at all.. Thanks to Jade's and Andrew Lloyd Webber's publicity.

Congratulations Norway :D But I also really liked Turkey's and Sweden's!

Hey, I liked Norway! It was unique and a catchy tune. We voted for Norway, Malta, Lithuania and Estonia. I wasn't wild about Iceland or Azerbaijan and was surprised they were up at the top like that. And Germany... good Lord... wth?

So did everyone catch THE LEAN(s) in the Greek performance, lol?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5QGHUoc2Mw (at 2:05 and on...)

About Germany I was really surprised :O
And yes lol, Kirkorov is Sakis's producer and MJ fan, but this is too much :D

Last edited:
Our song wasn't that bad :doh:

Only thing that annoys me about Norway is that they were so sure about their win that they already had started planning next year's contest before the show had even started! I would have rather see Iceland winning.

I noticed the lean, too, lol.

I really thought Malta was gonna win. I liked their song so much, it had a disney-touch to it, which I thought was good for the competition.

Congratz to Norway from their neighboor Denmark ;)

Last edited:
I really thought Malta was gonna win. I liked their song so much, it had a disney-touch to it, which I thought was good for the competition.

Congratz to Norway from their neighboor Denmark ;)

Nah, we didn't stand a chance. This was Chiara's weakest song to date. Hopefully the Maltese will choose a different artist this time around, instead of regurgiating the same singers over and over, just like we also did with Fabrizio Faniello in 2007.

Unlike last year's Eurovision, there were alot of good songs this year.
Yes, I agree. Last year was just awful. There wasn't one single song I actually wanted to vote for. This year there were a few that stood out to me, and overall they were all decent songs. It was said that everyone was taking it more seriously this year and it appeared to be true. I liked Lithuania, Estonia, Malta, Moldova and Turkey as well as Norway (my favorite, despite the cheesy lyrics).

About Germany... that wow, look who we brought... it's Dita von Teese! thing just looked desperate to me. Like, we know we're not so great, but look at the hot chick we brought with us! lol. I don't know. It was better than that hellish No Angels performance from last year, though. You know, this year the public didn't have any say whatsoever in Germany's song choice. It was all done in private by a team of judges! I guess because of the German public's demonstration last year that they can't choose something that doesn't suck, lolol. (My husband is German, btw. It's fun giving him crap over his country always losing ;) )

Back