Eurovision Song Contest 2008

I was surprised of Russia's win, maybe it was because of Evgeni Plushenko. It was a mediocre song IMO, I don't wanna hurt anybody, that's just my opinion. At least there was a Hungarian in that performance. Edvin Marton played the violin and even there was a Hungarian flag all the time during the show and during the final performance.

It would have been better if Greece or Ukraine had won.

It's really not nice, that some countries are just there every year (I don't know exactly why is that :unsure:): UK, Germany, Spain (I said I liked it, but it was a parody after all), France and all were awful.

Last edited:
^ It's been like that for years :rolleyes: That's why it makes the show so pointless now....

I know, but the Eurovision's organization has tried to deny that! :D

It's really not nice, that some countries are just there every year (I don't know exactly why is that :unsure:): UK, Germany, Spain (I said I liked it, but it was a parody after all), France and all were awful.

France, UK, Spain and Germany are the biggest financial contributors to the EBU and they always go straigh to the final, regardless of their positions on the scoreboard in previous Contests.

I just heard Spain's song for the first time and they actually mentioned "Michael Jackson" in their chorus and they also imitated moonwalk :D

I think I might vote for Ukraine ;)

yeah LOL I noticed that too but the song is damn AWFUL! Definitely the worst song this year!

And I wanted Denmark to win :(

^^^You are right, Denmark's song was great! I like it very much!

Come on, Russia? :huh:

I liked Israel's song the best.
Spain's was fun.

spains reminded me of the shakira song, and come on britains was way better than Russia! Its all bloc voted anyways so its good for working out who supports who, but mostly no suprises there.

Congratulations to Russia, though I think the song and performance were incredibly forced. It looked like they had all sat down and thought: "Gee, what do we need to do so we can win this thing? I know! We get a decent looking fella who rips his shirt open, a violinist playing a Stradivari, and lyrics that are really corny but not so awful that they make you want to puke." It wasn't the worst song there, but it really wasn't the best one either.

It really is all about voting for your neighbours but having said that, I was glad to see that Norway got a good number of points from all countries and ended up in fifth place. The song was cool and I thought the singer was very good too (at least by Eurovision standards). :)

Well the way people voted wasn't really a surprise as usual,but I thought there were some nice songs.
Some were awfull though, I didn't understand why that pirate song got so many votes :s

Congratulations to Russia, though I think the song and performance were incredibly forced. It looked like they had all sat down and thought: "Gee, what do we need to do so we can win this thing? I know! We get a decent looking fella who rips his shirt open, a violinist playing a Stradivari, and lyrics that are really corny but not so awful that they make you want to puke." It wasn't the worst song there, but it really wasn't the best one either.

... and one of the most successful figure skating champion, too...

That song was a mediocre song that's all.

That violinist is a Hungarian guy, btw. :wink:

Last edited:
I deleted the innappropriate posts, cos there isn't a need for *censored* words. It was a contest and this time it was Russian's time to win.. Congratulations for that :) Im looking forward to see what kind of party Russia puts up next year :)

I think everyone who got to the final is a winner already :)

... and one of the most successful figure skating champion, too...

That song was a mediocre song that's all.

That violinist is a Hungarian guy, btw. :wink:

The violinist was alright, actually. :) And yep, see you next year in Moscow.

It aint a contest no more it's all politically powered, it has been for years
The UKs entry only got 14 points for a song that had far more meaning than that song that went like Cheeky Cheeky or something or other

it's not about the music anymore it's all polatics crap should just finish doing it

spain was really the funniest. I laugh a lot this time. Germany wasn´t successfull again. No angels were the succesfullst girl band here, so i couldn´t understand the voting.

I think it was enjoyable to watch I liked all the different songs. But I think too much political voting went on and the public were not voting for the song but for the country.

I think it was enjoyable to watch I liked all the different songs. But I think too much political voting went on and the public were not voting for the song but for the country.

Well that's how it goes now.. It's not really a song contest anymore (if it ever has even been one), as has been pointed out here for several times.

Yeah, it's who has stronger neighbors and people who live in diaspora (is that the word in English lol?)

And yeah I noticed the Spain song mentioning Michael Jackson - I was like oh no no no! shut up! lol

And Ireland - wtf? why not some ass-kicking traditional Irish melody :( :( :(

I love Ireland but the song and the "singer" was hideous...

You'd BETTER NOT be talking about organization! Lol

Oh come on guys, there were some songs that were OK, don't you remember previous years, they were worse.

Denmark, Russia, Norway, Serbia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Azerbeijan all had good songs...at least vocals...

Dima Bilan started his Winners Tour 2008 today from Helsinki, Finland. The Stockmann store experienced a total chaos and some felt disappointed after waiting for hours to get his autograph, but left with empty hands.

1537284-400_dimahelsingissa.jpg

1537284_1_400_dima01.jpg

1537284_2_400_dima02.jpg

1537284_3_400_dima03.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQXQgZywP4

now that it is over I realize that the winner should have been Armenia - Qele Qele

The song is tra-la-la but it is highly addictive and is already the biggest hit.

^^^yeah, that song is great! I like it!

and wow @ the Dima fever in Helsinki... :eek: I wouldn't thought about such hysteria...

Yeah, Marija got a lot of support from Finland last year as well :)

Finland rocks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to be rude or anything, but it's getting to be more a freak show than a song contest. I didn't watch, coz Switzerland gets almost always zero points :rolleyes: seems like we don't have friends. This year our song didn't even make the semi final I think. So who won anyway?

Not to be rude or anything, but it's getting to be more a freak show than a song contest. I didn't watch, coz Switzerland gets almost always zero points :rolleyes: seems like we don't have friends. This year our song didn't even make the semi final I think. So who won anyway?

Russia won.. Greece came second, I think? And Armenia 3rd?
Correct me please, if I remember wrong.

Though Israel should have won. :D

Back