Eurovision Song Contest 2008

Reeta

Proud Member
This year's Eurovision Song Contest is being held in Belgrade :)

Serbia is of course in final, because they won last year.

Countries, who are the biggest financial contributors to the EBU (regardless of their positions on the scoreboard in previous Contests) goes straigh to the final, and they are:

France
Germany
Spain
United Kingdom

The first semi-final has just finished and the 10 countries going to the final are:

Greece
Romania
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Finland
Russia
Israel
Azerbaijan
Armenia
Poland
Norway

The second semi-final will be on thursday :)

I hate that singer who's representing the UK, the way he kinda jitters about onstage while singing seriously provokes my violent side, just watch him and even you will say that you want to smack that shiny bald head of his....

:lol:
I hate and love Eurovision.

Finland goes to final - Yay! :D I expect a lot from them.

I also love Israel's song. It's very beautiful. If - for some reason - Finland doesn't win, I hope Israel does. ;D

I watched the semi-final yesterday and OMG it was pure torture!!! Many of the songs were just plain horrible with the contestants' over-the-top costumes, the cheap-looking stage sets and the singing which was twice as bad!!! Honestly I could count on the fingers of one hand for how many songs I found as "half decent"!

Malta'd better make it to the semi-final tomorrow or I'll boycott the contest forever! :angry:

Yep! Serbia baby! :)

I hope you guys like the way the Arena has been arranged for Eurovision.

To be honest, I couldn't believe my EYES!

I am really proud to be a Serb these days LOL!

Hope the best song wins, IMO it's Norway. And I also like Russia, Greece and Serbia!

:)

In my opinion Eurovision's aren't much about the songs anymore. It's all about costumes, ridiculous dance moves, who has the funniest performance and of course who has more neighbor countries to vote for them, even though the organization has denied it doesn't go like that.

Honestly I could count on the fingers of one hand for how many songs I found as "half decent"!

Exactly.

Erm.. I knew they would go to final, but do they actually have any chances to win, because they're singing in finnish?

Thank you for your support Ivana!

Hvala :)

BTW, I agree with you Reeta, but that makes it easier to eliminate the losers :)

In my opinion Eurovision's aren't much about the songs anymore. It's all about costumes, ridiculous dance moves, who has the funniest performance and of course who has more neighbor countries to vote for them, even though the organization has denied it doesn't go like that.

Erm.. I knew they would go to final, but do they actually have any chances to win, because they're singing in finnish?
Eurovision has been like that for a long time now. I haven't took it seariously in many years (maybe as a child I did..)

Finland had enough callers to go to the final, so IMO yes they have a chance. Seems like the ridiculous lyrics doesn't matter :smilerolleyes:

Last edited:
The 2nd semi-final is done and the rest 10 countries are:

Ukraine
Croatia
Albania
Iceland
Georgia
Denmark
Sweden
Latvia
Turkey
Portugal

So now we have all 25 finalists :)

Malta'd better make it to the semi-final tomorrow or I'll boycott the contest forever! :angry:

Sorry, Malta didn't make it to the final :(

Last edited:
Well my country (the netherlands) didn't make it either sadly :(
I have to agree it really isn't about the songs as much as it used too, sadly.
I was surprised though when I heard the song from denmark, i think that's a great song so I'm going to be voting for that one :)

:lol:
I hate and love Eurovision.

I also love Israel's song. It's very beautiful. If - for some reason - Finland doesn't win, I hope Israel does. ;D

Woohoo! Yay :clapping: Vote for Israel :angel:

I was listening to radio today and there they said that Finland has become one of the front runners in Eurovision's and that Finland's betting percents went down after people started saying they got most of the votes in 1st semi-final.

They will reveal the statics of how the votes went on saturday.

Last edited:
I don't like the eurovision song contest.
It's really all about the act, and how many 'good neighbours' you have, not about the song or the way they sing it...
I'm not disappointed that Belgium didn't go through tough... although they really made their own, very nice music and they could actually sing, this is the second time in maybe 5 years that Belgium sends a song in a language that doesn't exist... What's all that about? We speak 3 different languages in Belgium and there's still English too... yet they choose to sing in a language that doesn't exist:scratch:... again.

Well my country (the netherlands) didn't make it either sadly :(
I have to agree it really isn't about the songs as much as it used too, sadly.
I was surprised though when I heard the song from denmark, i think that's a great song so I'm going to be voting for that one :)

Denmark is my favorite one! I hope it wins!

And Raisa, I agree with you,it's usually about who is a bigger fool on stage... Honestly I can't believe those pirates made it through for example. Had DUSTIN from Ireland passed,now THAT would have been a shame as well. No offense to the countries of course, I personally think that Ireland has some great artists, why not someone like, for example The Corrs?

However,despite that fact, I think there are some very good vocalists and songs this year. Denmark, Norway, Croatia, and these that I CAN'T BELIEVE they didn't go on - Bulgaria and Macedonia!

And what do you guys think of the scenery? I was SHOCKED to see it, cause I didn't expect it to be THIS good. I still can't believe it's in my country! :) :) :)

Last edited:
oh neither Hungary :( pity

I was sad because I think Csézy has a great voice but this contest isn't about good voices anymore! :sad:

My favorite song is the Iceland band's song! It's great.

I liked the Macedonian song very much but it didn't make into the final...

Fair enough :)

I like it but I think that our previous one was better.
Hope people like "Molitva" :)

^^^yeah, Molitva was great! That was one of my favorites from last year! :yes:

I just heard Spain's song for the first time and they actually mentioned "Michael Jackson" in their chorus and they also imitated moonwalk :D

I think I might vote for Ukraine ;)

I just heard Spain's song for the first time and they actually mentioned "Michael Jackson" in their chorus and they also imitated moonwalk :D

Yeah, I noticed it too. It's a crazy song but in a way I like it.

My favorite is the Iceland's song. The man in the group is a Heikki Kovalainen look-a-like IMO. :) I like Denmark's, Georgia's, Greece's, Ukraine's, Sweden's songs.

Russia won! Congratulations! :flowers:

While I was watching the announcing of results and points, it became so clear it's all about who has the most neighbor countries, no matter how hard the organization tries to deny that!

^ It's been like that for years :rolleyes: That's why it makes the show so pointless now....

Good to see the UK do so well again :wild: :mello: LOL

Back