WITH JULIENS AUCTIONS PRESENTS HIGHLIGHTS FROM: ICONS & IDOLS

Featuring the Collection of Tompkins & Bush Presenting
THE FASHIONS OF THE KING OF POP– MICHAEL JACKSON
With Special Guest – Costume Designer, Michael Bush

THE EXCLUSIVE EUROPEAN PREVIEW
Museum of Style Icons at the Newbridge Silverware Visitor Centre
Newbridge, County Kildare, Ireland Tuesday, July 3rd – Sunday, July 29th

ENTRY IS FREE

The Museum will be the Exclusive European Showcase for this collection.

Since its official opening in 2007, the Newbridge Silverware Museum of Style Icons has forged an ongoing relationship with the premier auction house in the world ofentertainment – Juliens Auctions. Accordingly the Museum of Style Icons has been the exclusive European Showcase for many of the most notable auctions in the Entertainment Industry and none more so than the Collection of the King of Pop,Michael Jackson In March 2009, the attention of the world`s media was focused on the Museum of Style Icons as it held the World Exclusive Preview of the Collection of Michael Jacksonwhich featured an array of treasures from Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch.Now, continuing this association, Juliens Auctions are bringing the worldwide Tour of “Icons and Idols”, featuring the fashions of the Kings of Pop, to the Museum of Style Icons.

How to get to Newbridge: http://www.newbridgesilverware.com/contactus

30 minutes from Dublin airport, hourly coaches and trains available. http://dublincoach.ie/contact-us

Any more queries contact marketing@newbridgesilverware.com

Thanks for the information, I hope to know your opinions if you go to see this exposition :D

Does anyone know what is the most suitable train to go from Dublin to Newbridge Silverware? Thanks!

does anyone know how long will the exhibition last?

Michael Bush will come to Ireland on the 3rd to the Opening of the Exhibition any fans who are interested in coming along please clilck on the link for more info https://www.facebook.com/events/168595009940433/?notif_t=plan_edited

Trains from Dublin to Newbridge leave from Heuston Station Click Here for Train times
http://journeyplanner.irishrail.ie/bin/query.exe/en?OK#focus

Thank you so much Sharon!

I'm planning to go from Madrid for the last days of the exhibition, maybe July 27th or 28th. Michael Bush will be there just the event on July 3rd, right? I'm still thinking about going there from Dublin by train, bus or car. I don't know yet because we are not sure If we'll be able to drive on the opposite side of the road :p

I hope to hear your impressions of the event! :8-25-03jerry:

Thank you so much Sharon!

I'm planning to go from Madrid for the last days of the exhibition, maybe July 27th or 28th. Michael Bush will be there just the event on July 3rd, right? I'm still thinking about going there from Dublin by train, bus or car. I don't know yet because we are not sure If we'll be able to drive on the opposite side of the road :p

I hope to hear your impressions of the event! :8-25-03jerry:

Michael Bush will only be there on the 3rd July for the opening day. I would suggest its best to go by train and there is a short walk from there to the Museum of Style Icons :). Michael Bush will be accepting questions from fans at the seminar. Not sure what to ask as I have so many questions :D

I can't get to the museum for the 3rd of July but is there anyone who is going that can ask the following question:
Does he know Michael's thinking behind those purple(y) pyjama bottoms that seemed to come out for 'Workin day and night'? lol -I'm laughing but I am genuinely interested about the answer to it.

I can't get to the museum for the 3rd of July but is there anyone who is going that can ask the following question:
Does he know Michael's thinking behind those purple(y) pyjama bottoms that seemed to come out for 'Workin day and night'? lol -I'm laughing but I am genuinely interested about the answer to it.

I will ask him for you Lindsey I often wondered about them too they looked so cool yet also an interesting combination. I often wondered how they both met.

Thanks Sharon007!

Why do you always think of questions that you'd like to know the answer to when you don't have the opportunity but then when you do get the opportunity you can't think of what you wanted to ask. I hope fans make the most of the seminar and that we all learn alot more.

I am just on the bus back to limerick after seeing the exhibition and I have to say it was breath taking seeing all those outfits up so close. I'd say I walked around there for more than an hour just examining everything. It was so cool the way you could see stains on some of he outfits and you could clearly notice the wear on the Dangerous tour outfit.
My favourite items had to be the Smooth Criminal outfit, as well as the Dangerous and HIStory tour outfits. A real surprise to see was the jacket from the HIStory teaser, and "Man in the Mirror" outfit from the HIStory booklet.
I also bought a HIStory tour tshirt from downstairs. €30 was a bit pricey but my tshirt from Dublin 97 gt lost along the years so nice to have another!
Michael Bush really deserves a lot of applause for showing all these outfits.

That's great I was hoping one of our members would share if they went :)
One thing I was surprised when I saw some of his costumes at Fanfest was
how small /tiny they were.. They were all so beautiful

I'm going to see the exhibition next week. For those who have already been, were you able to take photographs or were there warnings that said 'No photography'?

You can take as many photos as you like- I took over 100 and a video of everything!!!
You are going to love it Lindsey!!

NRC2011;3669722 said:
I am just on the bus back to limerick after seeing the exhibition and I have to say it was breath taking seeing all those outfits up so close. I'd say I walked around there for more than an hour just examining everything. It was so cool the way you could see stains on some of he outfits and you could clearly notice the wear on the Dangerous tour outfit.
My favourite items had to be the Smooth Criminal outfit, as well as the Dangerous and HIStory tour outfits. A real surprise to see was the jacket from the HIStory teaser, and "Man in the Mirror" outfit from the HIStory booklet.
I also bought a HIStory tour tshirt from downstairs. €30 was a bit pricey but my tshirt from Dublin 97 gt lost along the years so nice to have another!

It sounds like you had a really good experience seeing these items.:yes: Nice to read about it.

NRC2011;3669722 said:

:woohoo:
kermit.gif

I want to go! :wild: :(

I went there on the Opening Day and I met Michael Bush. I also got my photo taken with him and a photo signed it was of Michael performing Blood On The Dancefloor from the History Tour. Michael Bush was really lovely about 5 of us from the Michael Jackson Ireland Facebook Group had a private meeting with him. more fans were due to turn up but they never did. Anyway at this meeting we could ask Michael Bush anything we wanted. I asled him about a jacket with 777 on it. Michael Bush said its there because Micahel Jackson is the 7th Child and if you add 19+58 together you get 77. He also told us how he met Michael and what his favourite outfit was. His favouorite is the lean shoes :)

Here I am with Michael Bush

548528_10151068897932247_81616389_n.jpg

I went there on the Opening Day and I met Michael Bush. I also got my photo taken with him and a photo signed it was of Michael performing Blood On The Dancefloor from the History Tour. Michael Bush was really lovely about 5 of us from the Michael Jackson Ireland Facebook Group had a private meeting with him. more fans were due to turn up but they never did. Anyway at this meeting we could ask Michael Bush anything we wanted. I asled him about a jacket with 777 on it. Michael Bush said its there because Micahel Jackson is the 7th Child and if you add 19+58 together you get 77. He also told us how he met Michael and what his favourite outfit was. His favouorite is the lean shoes :)

Here I am with Michael Bush

548528_10151068897932247_81616389_n.jpg

I really had a great time but Sharon you look like you had such an AMAZING experience. I wish I wasn't working the day Bush opened it. I got so excited when he retweeted my tweet about how amazing the sow was but to see you the with him looms like an ultimate experience, as he was THE guy who took the long black jacket off Michael at the start of beat it on the history tour when I saw him.

Sharon on the opening dy was there a sign that explained the gold sign helmet between the to gloves near the live costumes? There's wasn't when I was there but was wondering if it had anything interesting or new on it?

PS how amazing was it to see the tears and wear on the dangerous tour leotard, and the makeup stains on the glove from the black or white performance?

I can't emphasise how amazing it is to see Michaels cosumes so close.

Sharon on the opening dy was there a sign that explained the gold sign helmet between the to gloves near the live costumes? There's wasn't when I was there but was wondering if it had anything interesting or new on it?

I can't emphasise how amazing it is to see Michaels cosumes so close.
Do you mean that the gold helmet wasn't there when you went there?
I was there on Saturday, the gold helmet (I have photos to prove it:) was there then.

Yes, it was amazing to see all the costumes up and close, and Smooth Criminal proto shoes with board. It read: Michael, lean this way ?

Was there any books about Michael when you went there? On Saturday, they had only 2 left, but I didn't want to buy either of them.

Do you mean that the gold helmet wasn't there when you went there?
I was there on Saturday, the gold helmet (I have photos to prove it:) was there then.

Yes, it was amazing to see all the costumes up and close, and Smooth Criminal proto shoes with board. It read: Michael, lean this way ?

Was there any books about Michael when you went there? On Saturday, they had only 2 left, but I didn't want to buy either of them.

No the gold helmet was there, but there wasn't a card that explained what it was from, whether it was a prototype or the one used for MSG 2001.

I didn't see any books at all when I was there, just history tour t shirts and postcards/cards nearby the entrance. I bought the blood on ye dance floor history tour t shirt because it was one of the only ones without your dates, which I generally dislike on a tshirt.

No the gold helmet was there, but there wasn't a card that explained what it was from, whether it was a prototype or the one used for MSG 2001.

I didn't see any books at all when I was there, just history tour t shirts and postcards/cards nearby the entrance. I bought the blood on ye dance floor history tour t shirt because it was one of the only ones without your dates, which I generally dislike on a tshirt.

If I remember right, the card said that it was MSG helmet. I noticed that some cards were hanging in one sticker, ready to fall off, obviously some of the stickers fell:)

The books were in downstairs, on the round table at the back of the room, did you look there?
I didn't buy any t shirts as there were only big sizes left and thought @30 for t shirt is quite expensive. Bravado sells a lot cheaper:)

Yes this helmet was a prototype for the MSG Concerts there are lights across the front but this was never used for the show they used one without lights for it :)

I agree t-shirts were expensive but I had one from 97 and its worn now so I bought another. They also hand two books on the day I was there Michael Jackson A Life With Pictures and also Michael Jackson by Geoff Brown.

Re: European Exclusive Michael Jackson Costume Exhibitiona

Yes this helmet was a prototype for the MSG Concerts there are lights across the front but this was never used for the show they used one without lights for it :)

I agree t-shirts were expensive but I had one from 97 and its worn now so I bought another. They also hand two books on the day I was there Michael Jackson A Life With Pictures and also Michael Jackson by Geoff Brown.

I Noticed the lights on the front when I saw it that's why I was wondering about the card that explained the helmet- especially the lights across the mouth of the helmet. Must have been a prototype just like the HIStory your helmet used for just the first gig

Guys you mention that some of the costumes have makeup stains or tears. This suggest that the costumes were used by Michael, so how did Bush get ownership of them? After Michael paid for them and wore them, wouldn't they belong to Michael? I thought most of the items Bush owned were extra outfits he made or garments Michael gave to charity and were resold and bought? Did anyone ask Bush where these garments came from?

Guys you mention that some of the costumes have makeup stains or tears. This suggest that the costumes were used by Michael, so how did Bush get ownership of them? After Michael paid for them and wore them, wouldn't they belong to Michael? I thought most of the items Bush owned were extra outfits he made or garments Michael gave to charity and were resold and bought? Did anyone ask Bush where these garments came from?

Great question! :fear:

A lot of them were signed "To Bush Love Michael Jackson" so Michael must have given them all to him after he was done with them? I remember the Bad outfit wa signed at the left hand side anyway.

All the tshirts were large indeed which is unfortunate since I'm small but ended up getting an extra large t hurt nonetheless. Sharon what is bravado?

Back