Enough with the auto tune!!!!

analogue

Proud Member
I'm really sick of it now. It's like every single mainstream artist just has to use it just because it's the ''cool'' thing to do right now. Auto tune really needs to be killed. Using Auto Tune all the time does not make you a great artist infact it makes me think that your crap because you need to rely on auto tune all the time

Death to auto tune!

I agree.. They only use it because they can't sing or are not singing very well... :(

I agree completely. As Suzie1 said, they use because they can't sing. It's quite annoying and they are all starting to use it now. Sad.

Give it.....like......5 more years. At the least.... I think this particular craze is gonna take a while...

I don't think the world remembers what it's missing yet.

Anyone who listens to music from 20 years ago and then listens to music today and says that the quality hasn't dropped then i really think they need to get their ears checked

Anyone who listens to music from 20 years ago and then listens to music today and says that the quality hasn't dropped then i really think they need to get their ears checked
There's plenty of good acts today like Sharon Jones, Esperanza Spalding, Raul Midon, Lizz Wright, Koop, Oumou Sangare, Jill Scott, Shemekia Copeland, Ed Motta, Soil and Pimp Sessions, etc.

There's plenty of good acts today like Sharon Jones, Esperanza Spalding, Raul Midon, Lizz Wright, Koop, Oumou Sangare, Jill Scott, Shemekia Copeland, Ed Motta, Soil and Pimp Sessions, etc.

I was talking about mainstream music

I was talking about mainstream music
I don't really need a radio conglomerate to brainwash stuff for me to listen to, so the mainstream means nothing to me. I don't listen to the radio, the music on there is there because of payola. Whoever pays the most money gets the most plays.

agreed. auto tune is being used to death. every song has it now its so annoying! I miss the 90's.

THIS! I completely agree with everyone in this thread! I haven't enjoyed listening to mainstream radio in a LONG time (since the early/mid 00's). Autotune just needs to f*cking die already!

I know!!^ I dont even listen to Radio anymore. if i do its online and i pick what stations i want to hear that plays good music. radio is dead to me along with music television. no one knows what good music is anymore. its all about young kids with no talent who just happen to be good looking so they just plaster them all over gods green earth and gets every kid/teen brainwashed in to thinking its good music and it ends up selling like mad. its just crazy. Im glad i grew up in the 90's where music was good but it still sucks to have to suffer through all this mainstream sh*t.

I'm really sick of it now. It's like every single mainstream artist just has to use it just because it's the ''cool'' thing to do right now. Auto tune really needs to be killed. Using Auto Tune all the time does not make you a great artist infact it makes me think that your crap because you need to rely on auto tune all the time

Death to auto tune!

THANK YOU, A BIG BIG THANK YOU!!!
You expressed exactly how I feel! It's really gettin' on my nerves, too! Every bad or mainstream singer is doin' this now just because they know that they can't sing, so they think, "Hey, lemme just use auto tune cuz' with that I don't need to be able to sing". That's just bothering and very boring now cuz' EVERY damn musician seems to be using it nowadays.
I really can't hear it anymore and also it doesn't even sound really cool!

I don't get it. How can one tell that a song is using auto tune?

I don't get it. How can one tell that a song is using auto tune?

it wouls sound something like this
p.s. is tpain still relevant today? b/c i haven't listen to the radio in ages and heaven't heard from him in a while

Oh, I thought everyone had watched an episode of Glee and had their fill of auto-tune for a lifetime. HA!

Auto-tune hasnt been used alot in 2010 even in mainstream music, that's a fact, voices of artists have been digitally brushed or altered yes, but that's always been around (ask Britney spears), I haven't heard one big hit auto-tune track in 2010 so far.

You people better brace yourself cause Michael himself used Auto-tune in many of the new songs he was working on, even Teddy Riley said so in that Vibe Magazine interview, Id like to see what your response is gonna be now.

Auto-tune is annoying when its used as a proxy for someones vocals, but it also sounds cool when its used right, and im intrigued and curious to see how Mike used it, iam sure he's gonna take it to another level, like he did with new Jack swing, pop, and even Neo-soul like on butterflies

I tought he tried to use it but Riley said not because he didnt need it...
the worst thing is auto-tune is hear people say: ''but he/she sings great'' or something like that. Its annoying. At least for me

^^ No, He used it on many tracks but Teddy Riley didn't want to say anything, he was shocked (He said he didn't wanna say any names... he means Mikes tracks with T-pain)

Just because MJ has used auto tune doesn't mean that i'm gonna hate it any less

^^ You will, you'll find any excuse cause its MJ, like all the MJ fans who gives excuses for the invincible album

Nope. Auto Tune sucks and MJ should have been slapped for even using it

Prince used autotune on a couple of songs on his last album 'Lotusflow3r', but it wasn't used for an entire song, just a line or two. But Prince has used voice effects in the past, particularly on Camille tracks or the song "Bob George" from the Black album. Autotune doesn't really sound cool like the vocoder or the talk box. It's annoying like those songs using speeded up old soul tunes that was common a few years ago, lol.

Auto-tune hasnt been used alot in 2010 even in mainstream music, that's a fact, voices of artists have been digitally brushed or altered yes, but that's always been around (ask Britney spears), I haven't heard one big hit auto-tune track in 2010 so far.

You people better brace yourself cause Michael himself used Auto-tune in many of the new songs he was working on, even Teddy Riley said so in that Vibe Magazine interview, Id like to see what your response is gonna be now.

Auto-tune is annoying when its used as a proxy for someones vocals, but it also sounds cool when its used right, and im intrigued and curious to see how Mike used it, iam sure he's gonna take it to another level, like he did with new Jack swing, pop, and even Neo-soul like on butterflies

Agreed!

I don't listen to rap very much but there is one Swedish rapper that has fantastic use of auto tune. Not much but a bit here, a bit there and ta - dah! It sounds great.

So don't judge the whole idea. If it is well used, it could be great.

Yeah, it's so cool now to hate autotune, but I disagree with that. I like how Kanye used it, especially in "Love lockdown".

Back