Eminem Threatens Mariah in New Song

Agent M

Proud Member
You didn't really think Eminem would sit silently as Mariah Carey dressed up like a joke Shady and mocked him in the "Obsessed" video, did you? Eminem, with a little assistance from a big-time Dr. Dre beat, has fired back at Carey and her husband Nick Cannon, completely eviscerating the Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel singer on a new dis track called "The Warning," Rap Radar reports. "I'm obsessed now? Oh gee, is that supposed to be me in the video with the goatee," Em raps. "Wow Mariah, I didn't expect her to go balls out. B****, shut the f*** up before I put all them phone calls out you made to my house when you was wild n' out before Nick." Shockingly, that's one of the more innocuous lines in Em's three-and-a-half minute diatribe, which features Carey samples towards the latter third of the song.

While Mariah and Nick Cannon continue to assert that "Obsessed" isn't about Eminem, Slim Shady wastes no time being coy. So why is this "The Warning" and not "The Attack"? Because despite how damning the song is, Eminem hints there's much more for Mariah to be scared of than just a diss track. "Enough dirt on you to murder you, this is what the f*** I do. Mariah, it ever occur to you that I still have pictures," Em raps. In true Eminem fashion, Marshall Mathers deprecates himself while attacking Carey by including personal details you'd usually expect from an unauthorized biography. Nothing gets Eminem going quite like beef, and Shady is more sharp and on-point here than on some of Relapse.

Of course, it was Eminem who fired the most recent opening salvo at Carey and Cannon with his Relapse song "Bagpipes from Baghdad," which resulted in Carey responding with The-Dream and Tricky Stewart-produced "Obsessed." "Why you so obsessed with me? Lyin' that you're sexin' me," Carey sang in the comparably meek (though very catchy) single. "You're delusional, boy you're losing your mind." Carey later dressed up like Eminem for the song's music video. In 2001, the pair reportedly dated briefly as Carey worked on Charmbracelet. In 2005, Eminem revived the issue by playing a portion of alleged voicemail messages Carey left him before performing "Puke" live, and tossed references to the star into "Superman" and "When the Music Stops" on The Eminem Show. A year later, he went off on Mariah on his Shade45 satellite radio station.

"Obsessed" has already begun to recede from the charts, though Mariah recently released a second video for the song's Gucci Mane remix. Carey has yet to respond to Eminem's "Warning" on her Twitter page.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=423757&GT1=28102

I really think Eminem needs to grow up...
A friend sent me the song yesterday and I was disgusted.

Last edited:
Oh come on, after you seemed decent again, you make an ass out of yourself. Time to separate the art from the artist.

Eminem, if you want to show what a tough guy you are go pick on someone who's just as much of a prick as you are yourself. Don't insult some girl just because you think it will help you to sell a few more records filled with your pathetic sexist nonsense. :(

They dated what 10 years ago? Give it a rest and quit picking on easy targets.

Does that guy have a mental illness or something? Why is he always mocking other celebs in his songs and stuff? Jeez someone needs to get a life, how pathetic!

Urgh, his fans must be so proud.

I agree with everything said but technically, didn't Mariah stir this up again by doing that video (and the comments from her husband)?

^^^ I wouldn't say so. They've been going back and forth with this since the early 2000's when Eminem claimed that they had a relationship. It all started up again recently in Eminem's song "Bagpies from Bahgdad" because he said some disrespectful things towards both Mariah and Nick Cannon. That's when Mariah came out with "obsessed" and when Nick Cannon wrote that blog.

I listened to "The warning" and it's so lame. kinda sounds like he really liked her and is mad that she's denying it and everything. It's so childish. Amusing, but childish indeed.

This is definitely getting old. Why won't he just leave Mariah alone? I applaud her for fighting back. Can't always sit quietly when someone keeps dissing you every chance he gets. He needs to get over her and himself.

the fact that he claims he still has her voice mails from what, almost ten yrs ago does kind of indicate that he must be slightly obsessed still... I dunno about you guys, but I dont keep voice mails longer than a week even from people that i love dearly.

I Hate Eminem but i thought that rap was amazing, so heart felt, angry and REAL.
Serves MC right

I think Em was just joking around on "Bagpipes From Baghdad" and Mariah said "hmmm, let me try to build off of this." So she makes her song/video "Obsessed"

Em sees/here's it, says okay, take this. Releases "The Warning"

I think its funny to watch two adults go at each other in such a juvenile way. Something was going on between them, its just that no one really know what it was

Aren't both of them in their late 30's or something? This is so High School. They both need to grow up.

He sounds like a nasty piece of work. I don't think I'll be listening to his music.

Poor Mariah.

Back