Eddie Murphy on Ellen Today

mjfan44

Proud Member
Did anyone see Eddie Murphy on the Ellen show today? He talked a little bit about Michael and said some nice things. I tuned in right when that part came on.
He said that the one of the pictures Ellen has on set reminded him of the video he did with Michael-which was how they got on the topic

Last edited:
I've heard Eddie was one of those "hollywood guys" who turned his back on MJ during the trial. So, I don't know what he means by he was "friendly" up until he died...but nevermind.

Just for the record, watzupwitchu is the worst song that MJ ever contributed to...glad most people don't remember it.

I've heard Eddie was one of those "hollywood guys" who turned his back on MJ during the trial. So, I don't know what he means by he was "friendly" up until he died...but nevermind.

Just for the record, watzupwitchu is the worst song that MJ ever contributed to...glad most people don't remember it.

:clapping:

FWIW, I read that MJ's bodyguards (the 3 that were on GMA and that were with MJ in 2007 or so onwards) mentioned on their facebook page that Michael was still good friends with people like Eddie Murphy and Whoopi Goldberg. The BGs said that a lot of Michael's hollywood friends turned their backs on Michael and only said nice things about him after he passed and that they were going to call them out in the book they are writing.

But they mentioned that eddie and Michael were cool with each other still. So IDK. . . i did find it strange that eddie said nothing at all last year considering all the professional things they did together. Then again Chris Tucker didn't publicly state anything either until he was seen at the funeral.

Anyways. . . take with a grain of salt as usual.

FWIW, I read that MJ's bodyguards (the 3 that were on GMA and that were with MJ in 2007 or so onwards) mentioned on their facebook page that Michael was still good friends with people like Eddie Murphy and Whoopi Goldberg. The BGs said that a lot of Michael's hollywood friends turned their backs on Michael and only said nice things about him after he passed and that they were going to call them out in the book they are writing.

But they mentioned that eddie and Michael were cool with each other still. So IDK. . . i did find it strange that eddie said nothing at all last year considering all the professional things they did together. Then again Chris Tucker didn't publicly state anything either until he was seen at the funeral.

Now, many people were friends of Michael and were around him. This is something that always made me think every day. Does Michael really had so many "friends" faithful and really cared about him? :scratch: :( The only person that comes to my mind is Liz Taylor.

But...... it was a nice interview of Eddie. Thanks for posting. :)

now i dont understand something here. when I mentioned in a past post about Chris Tucker and Michael not being very close everyone decided to bite my head off, so what do we really know? All we know is that we love him and if he didnt have very many faithful friends that really cared they can just @$%& off.

Now, many people were friends of Michael and were around him. This is something that always made me think every day. Does Michael really had so many "friends" faithful and really cared about him? :scratch: :( The only person that comes to my mind is Liz Taylor.

Personally, I really respect people like Chris Tucker who stayed quiet and kept things private. To me, it shows me that they truly care and were not caught up trying to get their face on CNN. It's the other people (like deepak) who I don't trust.

As far as Eddie Murphy goes, I don't remember him ever saying anything bad about Michael (please correct me if i'm wrong).

Personally, I really respect people like Chris Tucker who stayed quiet and kept things private. To me, it shows me that they truly care and were not caught up trying to get their face on CNN. It's the other people (like deepak) who I don't trust.

As far as Eddie Murphy goes, I don't remember him ever saying anything bad about Michael (please correct me if i'm wrong).

No correction there. I agree, I have never heard anything bad about Michael come out of Eddies mouth...

Yes, I saw that. I got all excited as soon as she mentioned "Whatzupwitu" I didn't expect them to talk about Michael in the interview, so that was nice. :)

I feel the same way too.

Very few of Michael's 'friends' stayed loyal to him. The ones that stayed quiet I respect the most. We had so many of them selling themselves to the nearest tabloid they could find, going on TV etc. People like Mac, Chris and Liz who never said anything are the ones that I respect. Mike had too few of them in his life and too many Klein's and Lesters.

Yes... BUT..... Some good people, but I look at everything that was happening in the life of Michael. Maybe some how these people could have helped Michael and many things could have been avoided. Wrong paths and approximation of bad people. :(

What I know is that I am very sad to think through all the things that Michael had to go in life. It devastates me every time I think about these things.... :(

Very few of Michael's 'friends' stayed loyal to him. The ones that stayed quiet I respect the most. We had so many of them selling themselves to the nearest tabloid they could find, going on TV etc. People like Mac, Chris and Liz who never said anything are the ones that I respect. Mike had too few of them in his life and too many Klein's and Lesters.

Co-sign.

he looked insanely gorgeous in that video though! so it's good it exists :cheeky:

whazzuprelease.gif

Same here the only friend that springs to mind is Liz. I think that Michael may not have had many true friends and that most of them were hangers on.

lol...oh i think a lot of people remember it, that's why Ellen remembers the song. i liked whatzupwitu. if a new artist came out with that song, i think it would have been less critiqued, cus MJ has so many classic songs. i don't think MJ would make an appearance in a song, if it wasn't decent. if MJ is remembered for this song being a 'dud', i wouldn't mind being remembered for such a 'bad' memory.

Totally agree !!

I've always thought Whazupwitu was a good song....lousy video. Maybe if that lame 1st part of the intro was cut, it wouldn't be that bad.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but Whatsupwityou was a song/video that I never paid much attention to until now and I got to say it's an amazing song, and an amazing video. Props to Eddie and Mike.

Ive always loved MJs adlibs on Whatzupwitu.

I think the song is a fine song and the short film was fun yet simple. Nothing wrong with simple sometimes.

I remember my parents were cautious of me getting the single when I was a kid cuz it was Eddie Murphy and they were worried about swearing lol

Why did Eddie seem ashamed of the video though? He was like, "You're not going show Whatzupwitu are you?"

Back