Dr. Arnold Klein To Sell Michael Jackson Memorabilia

He is like twelve million dollars in debt. And I wonder if people will buy any of this stuff I mean just knowing it comes from him is a turn off

I don't know if it would ease anyone's mind but it's unlikely that Klein is going to make any profit from this sale. He has declared bankruptcy and this sale won't be enough to get him out of the hole.

I just went back to look at the auction pages online, and quite a few lots from the auction seem to have been withdrawn...about 14 of the MJ items have been pulled out, including the lyrics, the signed invincibles and the (stage worn) fedora.

Many other lots are also withdrawn, including art and disneyana. Embarrassingly, two of the Freddie Mercury items have amended descriptions...either not given by or not signed by Freddie. (the latter is described as a secretary's signature).

There were also additional 'descriptive notes on some of the MJ lots:
A Christmas card from MJ to AK was noted as being written and signed by a secretary.

The two MJ 'Herb Ritts' portraits were withdrawn (Lots 1034 and 1035), and had this note attached:
This is a third-party replication of a Herb Ritts image.
According to Dr. Klein, Herb Ritts photographed this image of Jackson in fencing attire during a private session planned after Ritts directed Jackson's video "In the Closet," the third single from 1991's Dangerous. This photograph hung together with the following lot in Jackson's special guest room in Dr. Klein's home.
Not corroborated by the Herb Ritts foundation.
Sun damaged.

I have never seen an auction with so many withdrawn lots before!

Does anyone know why the other withdrawn MJ items have been pulled?

There is some video from the auction display room here:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=8512098

Last edited:
^^HAAA. Maybe they found out it did not belong to him in the first place? Maybe he is keeping them to sell later or some private buyer bought them already? Who knows!!!!!

He is like twelve million dollars in debt. And I wonder if people will buy any of this stuff I mean just knowing it comes from him is a turn off

Everything about this guy is creepy. I hope no one bids on his things.

^^HAAA. Maybe they found out it did not belong to him in the first place? Maybe he is keeping them to sell later or some private buyer bought them already? Who knows!!!!!

Or maybe he faked those signatures himself to make it look like they were signed by freddie or mj etc

Everything about this guy is creepy. I hope no one bids on his things.

So far, I think the auction was a bit of a damp squib...some lots did not reach their reserve (and were therefore unsold), and not many achieved much over their lower estimate.

So far, I think the auction was a bit of a damp squib...some lots did not reach their reserve (and were therefore unsold), and not many achieved much over their lower estimate.

Good, enough with selling every item Michael touched!!!!!!

So far, I think the auction was a bit of a damp squib...some lots did not reach their reserve (and were therefore unsold), and not many achieved much over their lower estimate.[/QUOTE

Great news. Now, he should sell his kidney, both arms, his retina & with any luck, he will cut his tongue off & sell it to some research firm.

So far, I think the auction was a bit of a damp squib...some lots did not reach their reserve (and were therefore unsold), and not many achieved much over their lower estimate.[/QUOTE

Great news. Now, he should sell his kidney, both arms, his retina & with any luck, he will cut his tongue off & sell it to some research firm.

Memefan he can't sell some of these things. Remember he has some medical conditions due to his exciting love habits, I guess the arms are in good condition still. Hopefully he will find a good way to raise some money and let us know.

Back