Dr. Arnold Klein To Sell Michael Jackson Memorabilia

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.411mania.com/music/news/217484/Dr.-Arnold-Klein-To-Sell-Michael-Jackson-Memorabilia.htm
Along with Elizabeth Taylor...

Dr. Arnold Klein is now selling off memorabilia from several celebrities after going bankrupt during the investigation by the state medical board.

Bonhams & Butterfields will auction off various items that Klein currently owns. These include a Princess Leia wig that Carrie Fisher wore to a party (estimated value: $200); the hat that covered Michael Jackson's head when he left a hospital burn unit ($10,000) and an invitation to Elizabeth Taylor's eighth wedding ($350).

Fisher recently loaned Klein $150,000 to hire a new bankruptcy lawyer. He's been under investigation after it was rumored he gave Michael Jackson Demerol and got him hooked on drugs. The defense team for Dr. Conrad Murray made the same argument during his trial. They wanted to call him to the stand and the judge wouldn't allow it. Before the accusations, his business was already declining.

Klein's three homes, worth millions of dollars, are being sold off to help clear a total of $12 million in debt.

Dr. David Rish, one of his creditors, said: "You hate to see somebody who was so good fall to such low levels."

The "Collection of Dr. Arnold Klein" auction will take place January 23 in Los Angeles.

Dermatologist selling Michael Jackson

The once high-flying dermatologist to the stars who gave massive doses of painkillers to Michael Jackson is auctioning off hundreds of gifts and mementos from his clients to stave off bankruptcy.

Dr. Arnie Klein is selling off everything from Cher’s 2005 Bentley to Jackson’s hats and shirts, to Elizabeth Taylor’s Matisse to a Princess Diana memorial Beanie Baby from Elton John.

The Jan. 23 auction, expected to fetch about $700,000, will be run by Bonhams’ in Los Angeles.

Klein filed for bankruptcy last January according to Los Angeles court records. A $25,000-a-day practice dwindled to sometimes $500 a day, his former accountant, who is suing Klein for defamation, told the Los Angeles Times.

Allegations of Klein’s massive Demerol painkiller prescriptions for Jackson started shortly after the singer’s death in 2009. He denied them but they were documented during the trial last year of Jackson physician Dr. Conrad Murray.

The California Medical Board subpoenaed him to testify on Dec. 15 about his treatment of Jackson, a longtime client and friend.

Two weeks earlier, Klein’s lawyer Herbert Weinberg send the 66-year-old dermatologist a letter advising he would no longer represent him. Klein posted the letter on his Facebook wall.

Klein has been using his Facebook site to document his rise and fall, interspersing notes of support with queries about the auction, reminders of past glory and still-active campaigns against medical fraud.

His skill with a Botox needle and collagen and restylane injections won him lavish praise from his A-list clientele. Friend and client Carrie Fisher gave him $150,000 to hire a new lawyer, the Los Angeles Times reported.

In testimonials on his website, actor Linda Evans said, “Dr. Klein has been an answer to my prayer. He made the impossible possible. He is extraordinarily talented and blessed with a compassionate heart.”

Many Fisher mementos, including a Princess Leia wig from Star Wars and a “master replica” of the Princess Leia gun, are among the 237 lots on auction.

Klein is selling off birthday and Christmas presents from his clients, among them a $5,000 set of diamond cufflinks and a $2,500 Cartier pen from Elizabeth Taylor.

Hundreds of signed backstage passes, notes, cards, CDs and two Neverland Valley Ranch sugar cookies ($300 to $500) are also among the hoard.

It's Arnold Klein after all. And he's broke. Not surprising. I'd rather he sell his material stuff, than scandalous lies to the tabloids.

I'd rather he sell his material stuff, than scandalous lies to the tabloids.

Yes, and better that the memorabilia has a chance to go to someone who will actually appreciate it.

Arnold Klien would possibly sell his soul to the devil right about now.

itd be tough to sell Mj stuff but if you need da money then you gotta do whut you gotta do, i seen fans on here do it

Well, he already sold MJ out, might as well sell his gifts to him.

I am not surprised at all. It's actually not as bad as what he did before.

that man is the last person who needs to be selling ANYTHING that belonged to Michael.

Hes an asshole and a weasel. Not to mention a lying backstabbing pig.

Why is this article making it sound as though he was being investigation and during the process became bankrupt. I guess they want to highlight the fact that he was investigated by a medical board, but as far as we know he was not tried for anything.

Some of the thinks he is selling seem as though he simple took them from Neverland, e.g., cookies.

. Some of the thinks he is selling seem as though he simple took them from Neverland, e.g., cookies.
That kind of stuff made me wonder : why keep this? Unless you intended to sell it at one point.
None of the things I've seen were personal though, even the notes from Michael are polite, but dont reveal any particular "frienship". They're quite neutral.
To me, those items show for real how Klein saw Michael.

I heard he has deleted his FB & twitter page

That is good then, because you remember the rants he used to make about writing a book about Michael, etc. It is best for him to focus on that case with the ex-employee/thief and try to repair his business.

I heard he has deleted his FB & twitter page

well i guess he is back on facebook then because this is what he wrote 1 hour ago

"the lyrics belong to everyone!

I do have Michaels lyrics but I am having second thoughts about selling them. They don't belong to me or you they belong to the world. I know why he wrote them, the music he used and what they mean. They belong in a museum and everyone should hear the melody and the words. He would have wanted that so how can they be sold and never heard?"

Last edited:
Did Michael give these to him? Or did he just take them? Or did he just forged them? (I wouldn't put that past him either. He's in desperate need of money.)

klein would sell his own children if it meant he would make a profit!!!!

More stuff from Arnie... (I havnt seen these things being posted in the forum yet). This is just some of the stuff he is auctioning off...more items can be found here http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r

erez

8 ½ lines written by Michael Jackson, apparently lyrics for an unfinished song
1 p, n.p., n.d. A rare lyrical manuscript: "Across the Sea of time / we shall meet on endless / shores, Country our / Blessing of loves Eternity / But tomorrow is not a / promise / the promise of another tomorrow / So let us meet on endless / Stars at the break of Dawn ..."
This sheet of paper was found amongst Jackson's things in his special guest room at Dr. Klein's house after his death.

-----------------

erez

Michael Jackson Christmas card and handwritten notes
Total 3 items, together 3 pp, 2 initialed and 1 signed, n.p., n.d., from the King of Pop to Dr. Klein: "Sorry if I stayed so long love always M.J."; "Thanks for the gifts it [sic] was charming Love M.J."; "Have a happy, healthy holiday & New Year XO Love Michael."
Notes written on the verso of "Dr. Arnold Klein" monogrammed notepaper.

---------------

erez

Michael Jackson sketch and partial signature
A sheet of Dr. Arnold Klein notepaper with a brief, abstract sketch on the verso in Jackson's hand and the beginning of his signature on the recto.

-----------

erez

Four lines in Michael Jackson's hand
Sheet from "The Peninsula" hotel notepad, New York City, with the following words in Jackson's hand: "Persecution. Being Watched. Conspiracy. SPY."
According to Dr. Klein, this was written during Jackson's 2002 dispute with Sony which led to the singer severing his contract with the compnay shortly before Invincible, his tenth studio album, dropped. Even without any marketing by Sony, it sold a record-breaking 5 million copies in its first three months.

---------

erez

Elizabeth Taylor wedding invitation ephemera
8 items total, including a printed card requesting "Please do not bring cameras / No photography allowed"; one RSVP card; a map to Neverland Valley; 3 original envelopes and the following:
Printed invitation to Elizabeth Taylor's eighth and final wedding on October, 6, 1991: "Mr. Michael Jackson requests the pleasure of your company at the marriage of his beloved friend Miss Elizabeth Taylor to Mr. Larry Fortensky ... at Neverland Valley." Together with a thank you note, signed by Taylor: "Dear Arnie, Thank you for the beautiful silver photo album, which we will always treasure. You made our wedding day so very special!"

----------

erez

Michael Jackson gifted Romero Britto table
Number 13 of an edition of 35, circa 2000, signed by the artist.
Brightly colored side table, cast in heavy plastic with four, knee-high black boots for legs.
Britto is a contemporary artist known for his colorful public sculptures, as well as for his Disney designs. Given by Jackson to Dr. Klein.

--------

erez

Candid photograph of Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor
Color image of Taylor and Jackson together with Dr. Klein and eight unidentified gentlemen. Taylor holds a gift of the elephant which she would later feature in her book, Elizabeth Taylor: My Love Affair with Jewelry.
Framed.
--------

erez

Candid photograph of Michael Jackson with Debbie Rowe and Dr. Alan Metzger
Jackson wears sunglasses and stands in between his second wife and one of his doctors, Alan Metzger, who was also a personal friend.
Metzger toured with Jackson on his HIStory tour from 1996 through 1997 and he videotaped the Jackson-Rowe wedding in 1996.

------

erez

Michael Jackson stage-worn Fedora from his September 2001 concerts in New York City
A black wool fedora with a dark brown silk band and no maker's label, worn by Jackson as he performed on either September 7 or September 10 in 2001 at New York City's Madison Square Garden. The hat is stamped on the inside in gold: "MICHAEL JACKSON" and was gifted to Dr. Klein by Jackson.

------

erez

Michael Jackson inscribed and signed Invincible poster
Five differently colored head shots, matted together and encased in plexiglas, gifted to Dr. Klein: "Love To Arnold Klein Love, Michael Jackson." Invincible was Jackson's tenth studio album, released in 2001, featuring "You Rock My World," "Cry" and "Butterflies."

-----

erez

Michael Jackson inscribed and signed photograph
Black and white image of the singer wearing a spiky black top similar to the one he wore in the 1995 video Scream, a duet he recorded with his sister, Janet. "To Arnold love and Thanx you are 'The King' Michael Jackson."
Framed.

-----

erez

Michael Jackson poster inscribed and signed to Debbie Rowe and Dr. Klein
Jackson, depicted in a gold and black costume with a headset against a purple background, signed his name across the chest of this image and inscribed it to his second wife, Rowe, Dr. Klein and two others in the right, blank margin: "I love you Debbie and Arnie and Ben and Mikey / Michael Jackson."

--------

erez

In 1984, at the top of his game, Pepsi hired Jackson and his brothers to perform in an elaborate commercial before a live audience. During the fireworks sequence, the singer was showered with sparks, alighting his hair. Jackson remained completely calm throughout, assuring his audience and fans that he was fine, although he suffered second-degree burns to his scalp, an injury that would cause him life-long pain.
According to Dr. Klein, this hat was worn by Jackson as he left the hospital after receiving treatment. The doctor remained with the singer overnight in the hospital until he was able to return home and, as a gesture of gratitude, Jackson gave the hat to Dr. Klein.
With an inscribed and signed note in Jackson's hand on "Michael Jackson/ Thriller" notepaper: "To: Dr. Klein From - Michael Jackson."

-----

erez

Michael Jackson inscribed and signed Life magazine cover, depicting Jackson with his newborn son
Written in silver marker: "To Arnold Klein 'We love you.'"

-----

erez

Michael Jackson owned Versace shirt
Black, yellow, green and blue floral print silk shirt by Versace, owned by Jackson and gifted to Dr. Klein.

--------

erez

Black and white geometrically patterned cotton shirt by Versace, owned by Jackson and given to Dr. Klein.
Together with a first edition of Gianni Versace's Vanitas: Designs, New York: Abbeville Press, 1994.
With original dust-jacket, in good condition.

Last edited:
Those notes at the top dont look much like mjs hand writting

Last edited:
Vici;3578845 said:
More stuff from Arnie... (I havnt seen these things being posted in the forum yet). This is just some of the stuff he is auctioning off...more items can be found here http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r

erez

8 ½ lines written by Michael Jackson, apparently lyrics for an unfinished song
1 p, n.p., n.d. A rare lyrical manuscript: "Across the Sea of time / we shall meet on endless / shores, Country our / Blessing of loves Eternity / But tomorrow is not a / promise / the promise of another tomorrow / So let us meet on endless / Stars at the break of Dawn ..."
This sheet of paper was found amongst Jackson's things in his special guest room at Dr. Klein's house after his death.

-----------------

erez

Michael Jackson Christmas card and handwritten notes
Total 3 items, together 3 pp, 2 initialed and 1 signed, n.p., n.d., from the King of Pop to Dr. Klein: "Sorry if I stayed so long love always M.J."; "Thanks for the gifts it [sic] was charming Love M.J."; "Have a happy, healthy holiday & New Year XO Love Michael."
Notes written on the verso of "Dr. Arnold Klein" monogrammed notepaper.

---------------

erez

Michael Jackson sketch and partial signature
A sheet of Dr. Arnold Klein notepaper with a brief, abstract sketch on the verso in Jackson's hand and the beginning of his signature on the recto.

-----------

erez

Four lines in Michael Jackson's hand
Sheet from "The Peninsula" hotel notepad, New York City, with the following words in Jackson's hand: "Persecution. Being Watched. Conspiracy. SPY."
According to Dr. Klein, this was written during Jackson's 2002 dispute with Sony which led to the singer severing his contract with the compnay shortly before Invincible, his tenth studio album, dropped. Even without any marketing by Sony, it sold a record-breaking 5 million copies in its first three months.

---------

erez

Elizabeth Taylor wedding invitation ephemera
8 items total, including a printed card requesting "Please do not bring cameras / No photography allowed"; one RSVP card; a map to Neverland Valley; 3 original envelopes and the following:
Printed invitation to Elizabeth Taylor's eighth and final wedding on October, 6, 1991: "Mr. Michael Jackson requests the pleasure of your company at the marriage of his beloved friend Miss Elizabeth Taylor to Mr. Larry Fortensky ... at Neverland Valley." Together with a thank you note, signed by Taylor: "Dear Arnie, Thank you for the beautiful silver photo album, which we will always treasure. You made our wedding day so very special!"

----------

erez

Michael Jackson gifted Romero Britto table
Number 13 of an edition of 35, circa 2000, signed by the artist.
Brightly colored side table, cast in heavy plastic with four, knee-high black boots for legs.
Britto is a contemporary artist known for his colorful public sculptures, as well as for his Disney designs. Given by Jackson to Dr. Klein.

--------

erez

Candid photograph of Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor
Color image of Taylor and Jackson together with Dr. Klein and eight unidentified gentlemen. Taylor holds a gift of the elephant which she would later feature in her book, Elizabeth Taylor: My Love Affair with Jewelry.
Framed.
--------

erez

Candid photograph of Michael Jackson with Debbie Rowe and Dr. Alan Metzger
Jackson wears sunglasses and stands in between his second wife and one of his doctors, Alan Metzger, who was also a personal friend.
Metzger toured with Jackson on his HIStory tour from 1996 through 1997 and he videotaped the Jackson-Rowe wedding in 1996.

------

erez

Michael Jackson stage-worn Fedora from his September 2001 concerts in New York City
A black wool fedora with a dark brown silk band and no maker's label, worn by Jackson as he performed on either September 7 or September 10 in 2001 at New York City's Madison Square Garden. The hat is stamped on the inside in gold: "MICHAEL JACKSON" and was gifted to Dr. Klein by Jackson.

------

erez

Michael Jackson inscribed and signed Invincible poster
Five differently colored head shots, matted together and encased in plexiglas, gifted to Dr. Klein: "Love To Arnold Klein Love, Michael Jackson." Invincible was Jackson's tenth studio album, released in 2001, featuring "You Rock My World," "Cry" and "Butterflies."

-----

erez

Michael Jackson inscribed and signed photograph
Black and white image of the singer wearing a spiky black top similar to the one he wore in the 1995 video Scream, a duet he recorded with his sister, Janet. "To Arnold love and Thanx you are 'The King' Michael Jackson."
Framed.

-----

erez

Michael Jackson poster inscribed and signed to Debbie Rowe and Dr. Klein
Jackson, depicted in a gold and black costume with a headset against a purple background, signed his name across the chest of this image and inscribed it to his second wife, Rowe, Dr. Klein and two others in the right, blank margin: "I love you Debbie and Arnie and Ben and Mikey / Michael Jackson."

--------

erez

In 1984, at the top of his game, Pepsi hired Jackson and his brothers to perform in an elaborate commercial before a live audience. During the fireworks sequence, the singer was showered with sparks, alighting his hair. Jackson remained completely calm throughout, assuring his audience and fans that he was fine, although he suffered second-degree burns to his scalp, an injury that would cause him life-long pain.
According to Dr. Klein, this hat was worn by Jackson as he left the hospital after receiving treatment. The doctor remained with the singer overnight in the hospital until he was able to return home and, as a gesture of gratitude, Jackson gave the hat to Dr. Klein.
With an inscribed and signed note in Jackson's hand on "Michael Jackson/ Thriller" notepaper: "To: Dr. Klein From - Michael Jackson."

-----

erez

Michael Jackson inscribed and signed Life magazine cover, depicting Jackson with his newborn son
Written in silver marker: "To Arnold Klein 'We love you.'"

-----

erez

Black, yellow, green and blue floral print silk shirt by Versace, owned by Jackson and gifted to Dr. Klein.

--------

erez

Black and white geometrically patterned cotton shirt by Versace, owned by Jackson and given to Dr. Klein.
Together with a first edition of Gianni Versace's Vanitas: Designs, New York: Abbeville Press, 1994.
With original dust-jacket, in good condition.

:bugeyed

disgusting!

True. It seems he held on to all the notes Michael wrote because he thought they would be of value later on. Notice how Michael's clothes are gifted to him. Now we know Arnie asked Michael for those. I doubt Michael would say, randomly, "Arnie I am bringing you some shirts I wore."

If Michael sat on a chair scribbling some lines, Arnie would walk by and pick it up and keep it. What a user!!!

That is good then, because you remember the rants he used to make about writing a book about Michael, etc. It is best for him to focus on that case with the ex-employee/thief and try to repair his business.

Yeh i remember the rants he made bout mj and yeh i agree he needs to focus on his ex employee their case

well i guess he is back on facebook then because this is what he wrote 1 hour ago

Seems like arnie was missing the attention he was getting on fb

I don't know if it would ease anyone's mind but it's unlikely that Klein is going to make any profit from this sale. He has declared bankruptcy and this sale won't be enough to get him out of the hole.

Back