Donny Osmond enchants fans with tales of Michael Jackson on Dr.Phil (video)

Love Donny and Stevie. Would be nice to see the whole interview.

I still like Donny. But, to me the joke was low and I'm allowed to have an opinion without being lectured on every thread. So yea back on topic MJ gave Him Good advice!

Blue thanks for mentioning the lecturing part. I have noticed this lecturing component coming up and I doubt certain people are supposed to lecture people's opinions that are based on their inner emotions and feelings. There should be line drawn between critiquing an opinion or facts and trying to telling someone how they should feel. If someone has an emotion about a statement, you cannot tell them their emotion as expressed by their post is wrong. Likewise if a statements makes someone feel insulted, you cannot tell the person they are not supposed to feel insulted. Their emotions and feelings are theirs and comes from within. People should not feel their thoughts and emotions are being colonized.

I watched this entire Dr. Phil show because I was home sick with a cold. It was very good. The pressure placed on child stars is so sad. Michael and Donny had that in common. I like Donny. He's another one I grew up watching (I was devastated when Donny and Marie was cancelled lol). It's sad he went through such a struggle. I remember when "Soldier of Love" was playing on the radio and being surprised that it was Donny.

In that book "Conversations In Neverland" the author doctor interestingly says Michael told him his advice to Donny was to "get yourself arrested" to add some edge to his image.

Blue thanks for mentioning the lecturing part. I have noticed this lecturing component coming up and I doubt certain people are supposed to lecture people's opinions that are based on their inner emotions and feelings. There should be line drawn between critiquing an opinion or facts and trying to telling someone how they should feel. If someone has an emotion about a statement, you cannot tell them their emotion as expressed by their post is wrong. Likewise if a statements makes someone feel insulted, you cannot tell the person they are not supposed to feel insulted. Their emotions and feelings are theirs and comes from within. People should not feel their thoughts and emotions are being colonized.

I guess some of my posts may have seemed like I was lecturing. I apologise to anyone who felt that way. It wasnt my entention to come across like that. It was how I felt based on my inner emotions and feelings. I really wasnt trying to tell others how they should feel. Ill try and be more considerate. Thank you for the lecture.. Ill take it as constructive criticism

I watched this entire Dr. Phil show because I was home sick with a cold. It was very good. The pressure placed on child stars is so sad. Michael and Donny had that in common. I like Donny. He's another one I grew up watching (I was devastated when Donny and Marie was cancelled lol). It's sad he went through such a struggle. I remember when "Soldier of Love" was playing on the radio and being surprised that it was Donny.

In that book "Conversations In Neverland" the author doctor interestingly says Michael told him his advice to Donny was to "get yourself arrested" to add some edge to his image.

HAAAAA about the arrested part, I wonder if Michael was serious. He did get arrested himself years ago and enjoyed it. Of course that was before the allegations.

I always felt that Michael transferred much easier from childhood singer to adult singer, because he was always checking his career and made efforts to steer himself in other directions before he became type cast into being a certain way. you could see him going through these transitions when he discusses his career in his book. Due to this, I do not see him as being a part of the same "career struggle" that other child stars as Donny had to undergo. Michael's main childhood problem was due to Joe and not career moves or transitions from childhood to adulthood stardom. At least this is my opinion only.

HAAAAA about the arrested part, I wonder if Michael was serious. He did get arrested himself years ago and enjoyed it. Of course that was before the allegations.

I always felt that Michael transferred much easier from childhood singer to adult singer, because he was always checking his career and made efforts to steer himself in other directions before he became type cast into being a certain way. you could see him going through these transitions when he discusses his career in his book. Due to this, I do not see him as being a part of the same "career struggle" that other child stars as Donny had to undergo. Michael's main childhood problem was due to Joe and not career moves or transitions from childhood to adulthood stardom. At least this is my opinion only.

Michael made it from child star to adult superstar but it wasn't without struggles. I remember the story he always told about how a fan asked what happened to him because he wasn't cute anymore (or something like that). They wanted him to remain little Michael forever. But yes, Michael always fought to go in different directions and reinvent himself. He was a rare exception.

I remember a few weeks ago getting a little irked at jermaine constantly saying in interviews that the jackson 5 provided the necessary springboard for mj the solo star. The progression from child star to adult one is not automatic and is littered with failures. Agree, suzyny and petrarose, it was only mj's insane levels of talent coupled with a really carefully thought out career strategy that allowed it to happen. He had a very definite image change for off the wall with his smooth sophisticated tuxedo. MJ's path to solo stardom was also complicated behind the scenes by his family;s hostility to his leaving the group behind, reading between the lines of 'moonwalker' you sense it was a really stressful time for him.

Love the story of mj telling donny to get himself arrested - it was so incongruous when the two of them were such squeaky clean teenstars.

Last edited:
I remember a few weeks ago getting a little irked at jermaine constantly saying in interviews that the jackson 5 provided the necessary springboard for mj the solo star. The progression from child star to adult one is not automatic and is littered with failures. Agree, suzyny and petrarose, it was only mj's insane levels of talent coupled with a really carefully thought out career strategy that allowed it to happen. He had a very definite image change for off the wall with his smooth sophisticated tuxedo. MJ's path to solo stardom was also complicated behind the scenes by his family;s hostility to his leaving the group behind, reading between the lines of 'moonwalker' you sense it was a really stressful time for him.

Love the story of mj telling donny to get himself arrested - it was so incongruous when the two of them were such squeaky clean teenstars.

Yes they both were squeaky clean teens. Michael certainly recognized that many child stars went through problems to transition, and he took steps to circumvent that. I remember in his book he mentioned that the Jacksons were becoming an oldee act before he was old and he did not want that. It was always his ability to check into his career and make necessary moves and changes that kept him from falling into the trap that child stars like Donny fell into. Debbie Allen in another thread also spoke about Michael always trying to perfect his art. I am not saying that Michael did not have struggles--every one does--but it was not at the same level like Donny and others. That is why I always give Michael 90% of the credit for his success. His success did not come about by luck and chance, but rather because he put a lot of thought, sweat, and creativity into his work.

Back