Does it make you wanna collect more stuff now that he's gone?

I've been collecting his stuff since I was 14! I love it, and have my own cupboard full of his stuff upstairs. I will continue to collect as long as the prices don't stay too crazy!

So far I only had all his CDs, one biography, and then just things I had made my self or collected (like HIStory tour ticket and my drawings), and for reasons I can't explain I do want to possess more items now. I ordered the Visual Documentary book which I hope will be a nice tribute with beautiful pictures, but I'd also like a badge or shirt, something to wear that would remind me of him. But I don't want to feed the commercial predators profiting off Michael's passing so I'm only gonna get a few more valuable items, if at all.

I didn't have any MJ stuff before his passing...and now I'm going MJ crazy! Not so much because he died, but because for the first time I've really "discovered" him inside and out. I now have 2 CD's, 3 DVD's, 1 poster, 1 huge photo coming in the mail, 1 tshirt, another DVD coming in the mail...I've bought 3 mp3 albums and I'm getting ready to bid on a colored verison of Invincible. Aside from official MJ stuff I've also bought 3 new outfits that are MJ inspired. hehe.

been collecting stuff for over 20 years, my collection, while small is my memories and to me priceless. I could never part with anything, they are part of me and my adventures with Michael.

Since June 25, I dont see the point in collecting things. Collecting things was something I did to be close to Micheal, whether it was music, magazines etc when I was a child, or in the last 12 years , items which hold personal memories and links with Michael. I dont need to prove to anyone or show how much of a fan I am, Michael knew that I was there, that I cared, in good times and and bad and thats all that matters to me.

I will always buy things to do with michael Ive brought tribute magazines and a tribute keyring which I discovered on ebay and my mum just got me the essential michael jackson CD to cheer me up becos Ive hurt my leg :(

Im going to keep adding to my collection which already consists of Vinyl albums CDs singing dolls mugs badges keyrings etc...

Um, I accidentally went a little nuts and bought TWO You Are Not Alone singles off ebay today. Someone PLEASE take one off my hands and buy it from me. Or I'll trade you for something. I really don't need two.

^
I have the YANA single its amazing, im sure someone will want it :)

I have a big MJ collection to begin with and I have no room left for any more stuff but I dont care im still buying things.

^
I have the YANA single its amazing, im sure someone will want it :)

I have a big MJ collection to begin with and I have no room left for any more stuff but I dont care im still buying things.

That was one of the few singles I didn't have and needed! Shayla, we need pics of your collection! :D

I just redid my whole room too, so its Peter Pan Neverland theme
I will post some pictures sometime this week :) :flowers:

I have just purchased a CD and DVD and a bumper sticker...I am really picky about things I purchase because I want them to mean something to me. Plus, it is hard to find MJ things where I live so I always have to resort to the internet for anything 'special'.

Too right i bought a pair of mj socks, a pair of sunglasses like his and i'm shopping around on ebay all the time to see what things i can guy lol. But aside from mj's stuff my shopping obsession has hit the roof lol!!

I've never been a big collector. Probably because I'm not rich. And I haven't really collected anything special for years, just an occasional magazine about Michael (like Ebony), the TUC of course - it's the music! I didn't need to get all the different colored covers of Vince. And I have several hours of MJ stuff on video (something like 30 tapes) but nothing that isn't on youtube.
I actually just got most of my real collectors items like the MJ (BOW) doll (same that Blanket had, but I sold mine last year), 2 MJ pillows from friends, bought few MJ t-shirts.
I used to save every news article about Michael but since the internet I haven't really done that anymore besides the news about Michael on printed newspapers usually are not worth saving for a true fan.

I got some of the memorial magazines (3) but I hesitated to buy them because I juts felt that no matter how many nice words they said they're still cashing on his death. So I didn't want to support that..besides what can they say that I don't know already? That Michael was a great performer and an artist. Like I didn't know that.

Back