Does anyone know if Prince has said anything?

I actually take comfort in the fact that we still have Prince with us, alive and well. He's so talented and he was 2nd only to Michael in the 80s. Leave the biases at the door. Prince is awesome.

i actually take comfort in the fact that we still have prince with us, alive and well. He's so talented and he was 2nd only to michael in the 80s. Leave the biases at the door. Prince is awesome.

Agreed.

I actually take comfort in the fact that we still have Prince with us, alive and well. He's so talented and he was 2nd only to Michael in the 80s. Leave the biases at the door. Prince is awesome.

I agree, in the 80's of course they were rivals, but I do think it was a friendly rivalry. I think it says in Magic and the Madness that MJ thought that Prince was his only true rival in the 80's.

I don't think Prince copies Michael. He's different, does worthy things in his own right. And as far as Prince fans being here... he's always been my 2nd favorite (and with that I mean on a scale of 1 to 10, Michael is 1 million and Prince is like 7, lol, that's the closest anyone else could get). Seen him in concert twice. But he's never been anywhere as special to me as Michael. I would say I really like Prince's music, but I love, absolutely forever and for everything, love Michael with all my soul.

And yeah, I'd be really surprised if Prince made any public statement through the press. Just not the kind of thing he does. He's just kind of odd that way.

Same here. I've always loved Prince and he my 2nd fave artist after MJ, but after Michael's passing, I have found myself appreciating Prince now more than ever. He is truly one of the last great, multi-talented artists we have left.

Prince always release new information on himself through this site(I'm sure he is connected closely to it or runs it) anyway this is what they said:
http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2009/06/26/speculation-about-michael-jacksons-death/

Speculation About Michael Jackson’s Death
So today, there is a lot of speculation about Michael’s death and his addiction to pain killers. There is going to be a lot of speculation for right now. I think the autopsy will not really reveal much. The other tests that will not be known for weeks may reveal more.

I could speculate to high heaven and make you guys think I know what I am talking about. Not going to do that.

I will say I have heard personally that he has had issues with his liver because of skin treatment in the past. Again, I don’t know this to be fact. I am stating it now only because if something is found out, then where I heard it from was right.

For right now, I will let others speculate what caused Michael Jackson to have a “severe” cardiac arrest and let them get millions of hits. I rather be accurate and correct then be the “first” to post. The announcement of his death came from a very reliable source and that was the only reason why I posted it. Right now, too much misinformation is going on with the reasons why he passed.

I want to make a name for myself, but not in this way. We will keep you up to date on the news surrounding his death but we will not be updating every hour to bring you the latest in how he may have died. I will do my best to let you know what is fact and what is rumor. I want you guys to be able to trust this site.

As well, I have not posted any pictures of MJ being taken away in an ambulance as at that time, he may have been dead and it is in extreme bad taste. I have not posted any photos of Michael Jackson’s family members as well because at this time, I do think it is time to let them grieve without a flipping being popped around at them.

I thank you for your time and as I said before, I will keep you up to date with more facts then rumors. That will mean less stories on him but then again, more facts.-Dr.FB

He is amazing live. Sometimes odd as a person, but very clever I think - always on the ball.

Did anybody watch Inside Edition tonight? They are saying MJ was jealous of Prince, consumed with Prince in the last couple of weeks before he died. Evidently this is in Rolling Stone coming out this Friday...what?

Prince makes great music but MJ was a better *performer* to me.

Did anybody watch Inside Edition tonight? They are saying MJ was jealous of Prince, consumed with Prince in the last couple of weeks before he died. Evidently this is in Rolling Stone coming out this Friday...what?

Wtf

Like so many others, this is just my opinion. There are many people whom we would expect to speak about Michael's death, but they haven't. I can't judge them for that. There are those in the entertainment world that speak about things and those that don't, and Prince is one I am not surprised to see keep silent. I can't defend his silence, nor can I speculate as to why, but Prince is a deeply private person.

Maybe because I have been a fan of Prince for decades, and have followed his travels through the world of all of his different personalities, this does not surprise me at all. By NO means do I look at his silence as a slam or anything near it. Knowing his spiritual search over the last few years, I am sure he has feelings and thoughts, but chooses to not enter the fray. Prince speaks many times through his silence, only to later express his feelings in his performances.

I may be completely off here, but personally, I would never read anything negative into his silence, but actually read more INTO his silence. jmo

Here is the link from Inside Edition via Rolling Stone.

http://insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyId=3180

Meanwhile, the world is learning new revelations about Jackson's final days. He was apparently consumed with jealousy toward his arch rival, the pop star Prince.

"He wanted the show to be bigger than Prince and he mentioned to his choreographer that he was often up late at night because that's when a higher power was channeling creativity to him," says Eric Bates, Executive Editor of Rolling Stone.

The new issue of Rolling Stone magazine says that Jackson was making some bizarre demands before launching the London concerts.

I do not believe that MJ was jealous of Prince. Ridiculous. He always wanted his shows to be the best, since when is Prince his "arch-rival."

Like so many others, this is just my opinion. There are many people whom we would expect to speak about Michael's death, but they haven't. I can't judge them for that. There are those in the entertainment world that speak about things and those that don't, and Prince is one I am not surprised to see keep silent. I can't defend his silence, nor can I speculate as to why, but Prince is a deeply private person.

Maybe because I have been a fan of Prince for decades, and have followed his travels through the world of all of his different personalities, this does not surprise me at all. By NO means do I look at his silence as a slam or anything near it. Knowing his spiritual search over the last few years, I am sure he has feelings and thoughts, but chooses to not enter the fray. Prince speaks many times through his silence, only to later express his feelings in his performances.

I may be completely off here, but personally, I would never read anything negative into his silence, but actually read more INTO his silence. jmo

Great words!

Here is the link from Inside Edition via Rolling Stone.

http://insideedition.com/news.aspx?storyId=3180

Meanwhile, the world is learning new revelations about Jackson's final days. He was apparently consumed with jealousy toward his arch rival, the pop star Prince.

"He wanted the show to be bigger than Prince and he mentioned to his choreographer that he was often up late at night because that's when a higher power was channeling creativity to him," says Eric Bates, Executive Editor of Rolling Stone.

The new issue of Rolling Stone magazine says that Jackson was making some bizarre demands before launching the London concerts.

I do not believe that MJ was jealous of Prince. Ridiculous. He always wanted his shows to be the best, since when is Prince his "arch-rival."

IMO, this is tabloid bullsh*t stuff again. I don't believe this and I think people are just rehashing stuff again like they did with Omer Bhatti.

Just my opinion. :)

Prince had some great hits, but damn he has a lot of b side singles on his albums...Hs albums are very hard to listen too..Mike never put b-side singles , every song on Michaels albums are hits...not on Princes'/

also Prince did defend Michael way back when he was being charged...he said something on TV that not to count Michael out that he was still making music and going to be big again...cant remembver exactly what he said. The reporter wanted him to make a joke or something but PRince wouldnt.

Well put, well put indeed.

Don't like Princes music and I don't rate him much. BUT, what I do know is much like Liz Taylor he probably feels his toughts are his own, and releasing a public statement serves no purpose. Also Prince is not much of fan of the press or one for doing interviews.

he will at some point in his next interview be asked about MJ's passing, he always gets asked about MJ so it will come up sooner or later. Funny how MJ never got asked about him.

Prince had some great hits, but damn he has a lot of b side singles on his albums...Hs albums are very hard to listen too..Mike never put b-side singles , every song on Michaels albums are hits...not on Princes'
Prince was never concerned about getting hits or making commercial songs, only putting out as much music as possible. Prince would record enough material every year to release 5 albums at least, but obviously Warners (or any other company) would not want to do this. So to compromise, Warners would put some non-album material as the b-side. Sting, U2, Culture Club, Depeche Mode, Tori Amos, & others also put out a lot of b-sides. The Beatles would release separate songs as singles and not songs from their albums. For some albums, Prince didn't even want to release a single, but Warners talked him into it. Once Prince put out an album, he wasn't interested in it anymore, as it was "old" to him, and the label had a hard time getting him to do promotion. That's why many of his albums weren't big sellers, because he didn't care.

Back