Does anybody have The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story, 1958-2009 By J. Randy Taraborrelli?

I just want to underline again that I fully believe in Michael's innocence in both the 1993 accusations and the 2005 trial. But I do believe that those who take on the task of writing a biography on him need to address the negative aspects of his life fairly--just because we love him does not excuse him from making idiotic mistakes every now and again.

If Michael did anything to incriminate himself, it's only fair that the biographer examines it and approaches it in a rational light. And Taraborelli does: whenever Michael makes a notable mistake, JRT either defends him or admits that it was wrong. Which is what a good biographer SHOULD do, not glorify the mistakes he made as if they were no big deal.

I shudder to think of the books some fans would write. No negativity, no criticism of Michael anywhere, just pure admiration--even at time when he doesn't necessarily deserve it.

Playing devils advocate though that story about MJ couldn't keep his eyes off of Jordy.. Well the interpretation of that story is in the eye of the beholder. That in no way is incriminating Michael, if someone read that thinking of MJ in a perverted image than it would look that way, it also can be viewed as someone that adores the child!! So in reality it's not incriminating.

In fact that could have actually happened, he adored children so it would not be too hard to believe he would admire the kid in some ways.

Same with that story I remember with MJ staying there for a lengthy period of time.. Well he did stay at the Cascios for a lengthy period of time too! He could have been recording near by, or simply wanted to get away.. or whatever the story is..

It's only incriminating when someone wants to believe it is!

This is a good point. Unfortunately we live in a time period where dirty minds rule. Someone says a phrase that can be serves as an unintentional double entendre, it will be pointed out as such. People can and will turn something into something dirty or naughty, whether it's a good type of dirty or bad. When it comes to Michael Jackson, just about anything and everything about him gets twisted into something bad no matter how innocently it's presented. How many times did we see journalists write "He touched many lives" after he died and someone turned it into a rape joke (in some cases it was the writers themselves)? How many Youtube videos have we watched of him interacting with children get ruined by trolls in the comments making up nasty fantasies?

I don't know where it says that in the book, so I would love it if you would point me to a page number.

But in any case, what if it was true? What if Michael did have his maids clean up and hide things? If it was true, it SHOULD have been included in the book. That section was a comprehensive review of the 1993 allegations with most available information. So if Michael did something to make himself look guilty, JRT should have included it. It's called honest journalism.

It was right here, from the 2003 version: http://jetzi-mjvideo.com/books-jetzi-04/03mm/03mm500.html

I do see your point about honest journalism. After all, that is what we want, especially in Michael's case. But if it's turns out to NOT be true, then it's bad, especially since it's been out for so long and so ingrained into people's minds it can't be undone so simply. If it did turn out to be true, then it would really hurt his legacy, not to mention it would make the fans really sad to learn that that Michael potentially lied to them.

Do you know why the general public thinks Michael is a child molester? Because of HIS actions. He did hang around with young children a lot, he did spend nights in the same room as them and he admitted freely to all of this. He even was holding Gavin Arvizo's hand and discussing sleeping arrangements in Living With Michael Jackson!

I'm aware that Michael is innocent. But to me, it seems like you're saying that any book that provides even the slightest doubt is immediately wrong.

If everything in JRT's book is factual (which I believe it is, because he has done nothing noteworthy to make me question him), then Michael did do multiple things to make himself look guilty. But still, the REST OF THAT SECTION OUTLINES HOW HE CLEARLY WASN'T. If a "hater" only confines him/herself to that part of the book and still tries to justify Michael being guilty, well they're idiots.

How about we all realize that sometimes Michael put himself in these situations by doing/saying too much, and not get mad at the reporters for actually reporting it. We all whine that the media never says the truth, but when it DOES, even if it seems incriminating, we still get mad. Pick a side.

So it's Michael's fault for being honest and different? For being himself? It's not the media's fault for turning his "sharing your bed" comment into something dirty? Don't get me wrong I have mixed feelings about that too, but at least I'm able to give him the benefit of the doubt and say "Ok, maybe it really is something innocent and not sexual like many people are so quick to think."

As for incriminating stuff being true... well... perhaps it's a simple matter of no one wanting to accept it. Especially since it would be giving all of those who have been after him for years satisfaction and the ability to go "told you so, neener neener neener" to our faces. And that... I don't even want to think about what I might do if it turns out he was guilty the whole time...

I just want to underline again that I fully believe in Michael's innocence in both the 1993 accusations and the 2005 trial. But I do believe that those who take on the task of writing a biography on him need to address the negative aspects of his life fairly--just because we love him does not excuse him from making idiotic mistakes every now and again.

If Michael did anything to incriminate himself, it's only fair that the biographer examines it and approaches it in a rational light. And Taraborelli does: whenever Michael makes a notable mistake, JRT either defends him or admits that it was wrong. Which is what a good biographer SHOULD do, not glorify the mistakes he made as if they were no big deal.

I shudder to think of the books some fans would write. No negativity, no criticism of Michael anywhere, just pure admiration--even at time when he doesn't necessarily deserve it.

I am glad that you believe in his innocence. I didn't mean to get very argumentative and defensive. All the crap that's been surrounding him in recent months has got me on edge and really worried about the future. :( I know I should try harder to be optimistic but it's not easy.

Yes, Michael did make mistakes. Yes, sleepovers are unusual for a person his age, and for the sake of his image I wish he had done those differently, but as I said above I'm willing to stop for a second and rethink without immediately jumping to a negative interpretation. I'm willing to believe that he was the rare exception here. Not to mention, had Michael decided to keep quiet about that, it could have potentially come out at a later date anyway. I think that actually would have been worse because it then it really would've looked like he was hiding something.

To me, it's not about denying he made mistakes. It's because the media takes said mistakes and blows them way out of proportion to make him look horrible and to encourage hatred. They leave no breathing room for someone to say "Wait a second, what if it's actually like this?" It happened to him all the time, and I think that's why fans get so defensive because they know that people will immediately jump to the negative without second thought. It's been going on for several decades now, and it may never stop.

to continue what I said earlier about it's in the eye of the beholder.. Michael said it best himself..

Excerpts from Is It Scary:

I'm gonna be
Exactly what you wanna see

Am I amusing you
Or just confusing you
Am I the beast
You visualised
And if you wanna to see
Eccentrialities
I'll be grotesque
Before your eyes

I'm gonna be
Exactly what you gonna see
So did you come to me
To see your fantasies
Performed before your very eyes

But if you came to see
The truth the purity
It's here inside
A lonely heart

So let the performance start

To comment on people think MJ is a child molester because of his actions.. that is not true.

1. It is the accusations why some people think of him that way
2. I would not say majority thinks of him that way anymore.. At one point yes, but I do not see it that way at all..

He did 'feed the beast' a lot though!! Lets just say he did not do a good job making that image go away...

Did you seriously read the 1993 case well Alwaysthere? JRT ommited important facts about it and provided a positive picture of that SOB Evan. Is it what an ethical journalist does?

Taraborrelli provides a very positive picture of Evan Chandler by frequently mentioning his good relations with his son and his interest in him something that Michael Freeman - June Chandler's attorney - does not agree upon. Evan had no relationship with his son prior to Michael's involvement. He had had another family and two other children. (Side Note: Taraborrelli only mentions Chandler's one other child and not two). Furthermore, some disturbing descriptions concerning Michael's alleged obsession with the little boy reveal how biased against Jackson Taraborrelli really is. He says that MJ "stares and follows Jordie around intensely" (p. 447) while characterizing his relation with Jordie as "cosmic", a description undoubtedly used for sensationalism. Again, no evidence are mentioned concerning Jordie's and Michael's alleged relationship. Moreover, Taraborrelli mentions that Evan suggested to Michael to build an extra wing on Evan's house for MJ to live in. Apparently he was that pleased with MJ befriending his son. What Taraborrelli does not mention is that after Evan (and not MJ according to GQ magazine) found out that there were zone restrictions, suggested to MJ to buy him a new house. Traborrelli did not even mention the criminal past of the attorney Barry Rothman who took the Chandler case or his "familiarity" with child molestation cases or even the bankruptcy he filed in November 1992 (GQ magazine, p. 5-8). Also the alleged conversation between Evan and MJ does not seem to ring true; it is confirmed that they had a meeting but what went on at the meeting no one was able to find out in many details. Again, from where does Taraborrelli derive his information?

There were also gaps concerning MJ's strip-search by the police in the 1993 case. First, he mentions that the description of Jackson's genitals written on a napkin by Jordie was a match with the only difference being that MJ was not circumcised as Jordie had indicated. If that was the case and the markings on MJ's testicles matched Jordie's description the authorities would have pursued this case further. As Jackson said in his interview with Diane Sawyer, there was not an "iota of information" that could connect him to these charges. If the markings were a match then the press and the police reports of the time would not have stated that there was not a definite match up between the description and the photos.
Taraborrelli very conveniently fails to mention the role of MJ's insurance company in the Chandler case. It was MJ's insurance company that agreed to settle and paid up the money against MJ's and his attorney's wishes who wanted to fight this in court. Taraborrelli says that it was MJ that decided to settle the case on his own and that he paid the money. And what happened with the massive investigation on Jackson? "After millions of dollars spent by prosecutors and police departments in two jurisdictions and after two grand juries questioned close to 200 witnesses including 30 children who knew Jackson, not a single corroborating witness could be found (GQ magazine 1994, p. 20). "I found the case suspicious" says Dr. Underwager, the Minneapolis psychiatrist precisely because the only evidence came from one boy. "Actual pedophiles have an average of 240 victims in their lifetime. It's a progressive disorder, they're never satisfied", he added (GQ magazine 1994, p. 20). An additional fact Taraborrelli failed to mention is that after the civil suit was settled, Evan Chandler had every right to pursue a criminal trial if he wanted to. He did not. He just took the money and run.

We do know much of the information that came out (GQ article for example) came out prior to the original release of JRT book right?

Now we can say he should have gone back and changed information.. that's fine!

But if we are going to use facts to go against others, we have to put FACTS together appropriately.. We've learned a lot after the book was released.. and so did JRT

The GQ article was published after the settlement, what I don't remember when JRT did the second update.

And about Michael "incriminating" himself. If he said the activities ha made with BOYS AND GIRLS didn't have anything inappropriate or with a sexual nature, I have no reason to doubt him. Playing with children and having sleepovers are not a crime and even if Michael let the world know he befriended boys and girls doesn't make it incriminatory. What a "coincidence" 3 boys accused given the actual number of pedophiles' victims. The thing mentioned about that scumbag Gavin, it was his idea to hold Michael's hand, not otherwise. If you observe his demeanor well, he was uncomfortable.

Yes, Snow White. I studied the 1993 accusations like they were a school subject. I know everything that's true, everything that's false, and exactly what remains unclear.

To begin, why are you listening to GQ? That in and of itself is a tabloid of sorts and has much less of a reputable standing than Taraborelli's book, which has testimonials from numerous people who are, indeed, noteworthy to the case and will vouch for him if deemed necessary.

Taraborrelli provides a very positive picture of Evan Chandler by frequently mentioning his good relations with his son and his interest in him something that Michael Freeman - June Chandler's attorney - does not agree upon. Evan had no relationship with his son prior to Michael's involvement. He had had another family and two other children. (Side Note: Taraborrelli only mentions Chandler's one other child and not two).

It is stated from the first full paragraph about Evan Chandler that he didn't have a close relationship with his son--at least as far as June Chandler was concerned. Evan's other children are irrelevant, as it has already been noted that he was not an active father figure, and felt jealous that Michael was filling that void. It is said that Evan at first approved of Jordan's relationship with Michael, but began to get suspicious after Michael described his relationship with Jordan as "cosmic". After a certain point, Jordan only wanted to spend time with Michael, which is when Evan filed a restraining order (of sorts) against Michael and demanded that he have more custody of his son.

Moreover, Taraborrelli mentions that Evan suggested to Michael to build an extra wing on Evan's house for MJ to live in. Apparently he was that pleased with MJ befriending his son. What Taraborrelli does not mention is that after Evan (and not MJ according to GQ magazine) found out that there were zone restrictions, suggested to MJ to buy him a new house. Traborrelli did not even mention the criminal past of the attorney Barry Rothman who took the Chandler case or his "familiarity" with child molestation cases or even the bankruptcy he filed in November 1992 (GQ magazine, p. 5-8).

I haven't been able to find that extra wing story in the book, though I do recall reading it before. I probably just passed it over. Regarding Rothman, this is not about him. This is about Michael and the Chandlers. Anything regarding him is mostly superfluous.

Also the alleged conversation between Evan and MJ does not seem to ring true; it is confirmed that they had a meeting but what went on at the meeting no one was able to find out in many details. Again, from where does Taraborrelli derive his information?

That meeting was outlined by Anthony Pellicano, who was in the room. In fact, much of the information on the trial was derived from Pellicano, who was a big help.

There were also gaps concerning MJ's strip-search by the police in the 1993 case. First, he mentions that the description of Jackson's genitals written on a napkin by Jordie was a match with the only difference being that MJ was not circumcised as Jordie had indicated. If that was the case and the markings on MJ's testicles matched Jordie's description the authorities would have pursued this case further. As Jackson said in his interview with Diane Sawyer, there was not an "iota of information" that could connect him to these charges. If the markings were a match then the press and the police reports of the time would not have stated that there was not a definite match up between the description and the photos.

Read any other following on the strip search. They will all say the EXACT SAME THING that the Taraborelli book does. I have no comment on this one.

Taraborrelli very conveniently fails to mention the role of MJ's insurance company in the Chandler case. It was MJ's insurance company that agreed to settle and paid up the money against MJ's and his attorney's wishes who wanted to fight this in court. Taraborrelli says that it was MJ that decided to settle the case on his own and that he paid the money.

Oh really? Then why did Michael himself say in the Diane Sawyer interview that he agreed to pay? Michael did initially plan to take the Chandlers to trial, but his insurance company felt it would be better to just pay and forget the entire incident ever happened. He was pissed off, but he agreed to it. His insurance company paid without making him aware of it though.

And what happened with the massive investigation on Jackson? "After millions of dollars spent by prosecutors and police departments in two jurisdictions and after two grand juries questioned close to 200 witnesses including 30 children who knew Jackson, not a single corroborating witness could be found (GQ magazine 1994, p. 20). "I found the case suspicious" says Dr. Underwager, the Minneapolis psychiatrist precisely because the only evidence came from one boy. "Actual pedophiles have an average of 240 victims in their lifetime. It's a progressive disorder, they're never satisfied", he added (GQ magazine 1994, p. 20.

I don't see the problem here. It is pretty much stated in what you wrote: real pedophiles have hundreds of victims by the time they are caught. Michael had none. No child ever corroborated with the Chandler statement. Taraborelli was right as rain on this one.

An additional fact Taraborrelli failed to mention is that after the civil suit was settled, Evan Chandler had every right to pursue a criminal trial if he wanted to. He did not. He just took the money and run.

Why does he have to mention that? It is made obvious that Evan was looking for money. Michael felt that way, Michael Freeman felt that way, Anthony Pellicano felt that way.

Well, I wrote what I found biased regarding the false allegations I 1993, what I considered important to say but he omitted it. I missed to write the biased attitude he took in regards of Michael's "alleged eccentricities" saying his behavior was "odd and strange" not giving any further explanation, the reason why he decided to do some of them unorthodox methods, to mention an example, wearing silk masks and we know nowadays due to his lupus and vitiligo made him susceptible of having flare ups (which he had) and skin cancer. He didn't bothered to investigate how much those diseases affected his life and his appearance but typically as a tabloid reporter, he attributed his appearence to skin bleaching using creams and several plastic surgeries. You mention GQ is a tabloid, it is in fact; nontheless the sources Taraborrelli listed are tabloids as well. And I mentioned GQ because of the 'Was Michael Jackson really framed?' article.

I forgot to add, if I remember correctly, Michael said to that hag Diane Sawyer when she asked something like this, "if you're innocent, why would you pay?" He answered, "that's what my lawyers advised me to do." He didn't agree to settle, his lawyers and insurance company made the decition for him.

Amaya;3972356 said:

This story showcases exactly what I'm talking about, although here JRT at least added who the source is, but he still acts as if what McManus told to a tabloid is a fact. Fans should know by know who Adrian McManus is and how "credible" she is. She was one of the Neverland 5 who sued Michael for $16 million for wrongful termination and in order to put pressure on him during their lawsuit to settle with them they planted negative stories in the media about Michael.

Ralph Chacon, Kassim Abdool and Adrian McManus

The so called “Neverland 5” was a group of five former employees of Jackson: Kassim Abdool, Ralph Chacon, Adrian McManus, Sandy Domz and Melanie Bangall who sued Jackson in the 90s alleging wrongful termination. Three of these five people – Abdool, Chacon and McManus - testified for the prosecution at the Jackson’s 2005 trial in support of their “prior bad acts” case. They claimed that during their employment at Neverland (1990/1991 to 1994) they witnessed Jackson behave inappropriately with children. Former security guard, Chacon claimed he witnessed Jackson sexually molesting Jordan Chandler on one occasion [4]. Former security guard, Abdool, who worked directly with Chacon on the same shift, and described himself as Chacon's friend, did not make that same claim, but he supported Chacon’s allegations by claiming he, too witnessed some of the improprieties Chacon claimed to have witnessed [5]. Former maid, McManus claimed that she witnessed Jackson behave inappropriately with Jordan Chandler, Brett Barnes and Macaulay Culkin [6]. None of these people ever reported or even mentioned what they had allegedly seen at the time that the alleged molestations and improprieties supposedly occurred. These stories first surfaced in the spring of 1994, more than half a year after the Chandler scandal went public.

In actuality, on December 7, 1993 Adrian McManus testified under oath in a deposition for the Chandler civil case that she never observed any inappropriate behavior or any form of sexual behavior by Jackson towards Jordan Chandler or any other child. She even said she trusted Jackson so much that she would have no problem with leaving her son alone with him. When Jackson’s attorney, Thomas Mesereau confronted her with her 1993 deposition in 2005, McManus simply claimed that she did not tell the truth in that 1993 deposition [6].

Chacon and Abdool first made allegations against Jackson when they were subpoenaed by the prosecution to appear in front of the two Grand Juries which were convened to examine the allegations against Jackson in the spring of 1994. Abdool appeared before the Los Angeles Grand Jury and Chacon appeared before the Santa Barbara Grand Jury. Conveniently, this was also the first time they claimed to have confided in each other about what they had allegedly observed, although they worked on the same shift and they were supposedly friends. Prior to this time they never mentioned to anyone that they witnessed any wrongdoing in regards to Jackson. In fact, on January 13, 1994 Abdool signed a statement for Jackson’s representatives that stated he had never seen Jackson touch any child in a sexually inappropriate manner or in any way that could be construed as sexual [5].

When Chacon and Abdool changed their stories and first came up with claims of improprieties and child molestation, Chacon was deposed by District Attorney, Thomas Sneddon and Detective Russ Birchim for the Chandler case. At the time, Chacon asked Birchim for money to help him relocate his wife. Birchim delivered the money and the gun permit that Chacon had also requested [6]. Jackson’s lawyer, Thomas Mesereau asked Chacon about it during Jackson’s 2005 trial. First Chacon said he did not remember but when Mesereau showed him a transcript of his deposition, he slowly acknowledged his prior testimony, stating it “probably” happened. When questioned by Sneddon on redirect examination Chacon suddenly remembered everything clearly. However, Sneddon quickly cut him off, stating “it’s not important”.

Q. You indicated that you may have asked Sergeant or now Commander Birchim for money for your wife --
A. Yes, sir.
Q. -- do you recall? Do you remember why that was?
A. Yes, sir.
Q. Why was that?
A. Well, my wife’s sister-in-law had just died, and --
Q. That’s all right, I’ll withdraw the question. That’s okay. It’s not important. [6]

At the trial Chacon disclosed that towards the end of his employment by Jackson he had conflicts with the star’s personal bodyguards, called the Office of Special Services (OSS) because, according to him, they interfered with his work. Chacon admitted that he and Abdool were upset and dissatisfied because they found out that a new security staff for Jackson was paid more than they were. [4]

During his testimony it was also revealed that in 1994 Chacon was in financial difficulties, owing money on a lost lawsuit. Although documents were shown to prove this, Chacon claimed he did not remember that ruling. [4] Jackson’s lawyer, Thomas Mesereau also revealed that Chacon owed money on back child support and was missing payments on his rent, but had bragged to his landlady, Linda Allen, that with a lawsuit against Jackson he would win millions and would even be able to drive around in a 450 Mercedes. Chacon denied these. [4]

Shortly after that time, Abdool and Chacon (McManus joined later) went to a civil attorney, Michael Ring, who on their behalf, on December 2, 1994, filed a civil lawsuit against Jackson and other employees of the star demanding $16 million in damages (eventually all five people of the “Neverland 5” group). They claimed that during their employment they were harassed and intimidated, which resulted in emotional distress and various medical problems that made them “emotionally disabled” and unable to work. They also claimed that they were wrongfully terminated by Jackson. Jackson counter-sued and eventually Chacon and McManus were found guilty of stealing from Jackson’s property [4] [5] [6].

At the civil trial the Neverland 5 and their attorney were sanctioned $66,000 for lying during their depositions and on the stand and for discovery violations (ie. for hiding evidence from Jackson’s lawyers). Judge Zel Canter, who presided over the civil trial, left the bench after stating he was disgusted [7]. The jury rejected the wrongful termination lawsuit against Jackson and ordered the Neverland 5 to pay him damages. The court also imposed attorneys fees and costs of $1.4 million against plaintiffs. As of the time of their testimony in 2005 none of them paid the damages to Jackson. According to his testimony, after the verdict in the civil trial Chacon filed for bankruptcy. [4] [5] [6]

During the 2005 trial, while on the stand, Chacon denied he knew anything about the amount of money his lawyer demanded from Jackson at the civil trial. However, documents from a deposition of Chacon at the time showed that not only did he know of the $16 million demand from the entertainer, but at one point Chacon even said that $16 million was not enough. Later, on re-cross examination Chacon admitted he knew how much money was demanded in the lawsuit. He also said in a deposition that Jackson should compensate him for the rest of his life [4].

Before their lawsuit in the 90s, under the direction of their attorney, Michael Ring the Neverland 5 contacted a tabloid broker, Gary Morgan from the Splash News and Picture Agency to sell slanderous stories about Jackson and children and also about Jackson and his then wife, Lisa Marie Presley. Morgan arranged interviews with magazines, such as The Star and TV programs, such as Inside Edition [4] [5] [6]. According to McManus’ 2005 testimony, $32,000 or more was received for their stories and almost all of it went to Ring, to finance their civil lawsuit, from which they hoped to get millions of dollars [6]. Chacon admitted that before they went to The Star they also talked to a certain journalist, Victor Gutierrez [4]. Abdool also talked about this connection, stating that he met Gutierrez once and they had a two, three hours conversation [5]. McManus testified that Gutierrez “was going to try to help us in our lawsuit” [6]. For why this connection is significant, please read our article about Gutierrez [link].

On the stand Abdool claimed that he, Chacon and McManus did not discuss and harmonize their stories in advance that they were selling to tabloids. However, this was contradicted by Chacon’s testimony in which he admitted they made drafts about their stories in Ring’s office about what they were going to tell tabloids [4] [5].

Besides making money, another purpose for these interviews and the Neverland 5’s claims of having witnessed Jackson in improper situations with children: putting pressure on him and trying to make him settle the case. Although at Jackson’s 2005 trial Chacon claimed not to have known anything about such tactics, he admitted it would not surprise him if that was the case.

Q. BY MR. MESEREAU: At the time you and Mr. Abdool and Ms. McManus and your lawyer went to a tabloid to give a story about Mr. Jackson, do you know whether or not your lawyer was trying to negotiate money from Mr. Jackson?
A. No, sir.
Q. Do you know whether or not your lawyer was trying to pressure Mr. Jackson by threatening bad publicity?
A. No, sir.
Q. Did you ever hear of anything like that going on?
A. No, sir.
Q. Okay. So if that went on, you’d be shocked, true?
A. Probably not, sir.
Q. Probably not?
A. I guess not, no. [4]

One of Chacon’s complaints in the 1995 lawsuit against Jackson was that Jackson caused him emotional distress because he “stared at him all the time” [4]. Because of that he claimed he was entitled to damages. When his claim was found to be false Jackson’s attorney, Tom Mesereau asked him why he said that if it was not true. Chacon’s answer was: “I guess just to say it” [4].

During the civil trial in the 1990s, another former employee of Jackson’s, Francine Orosco testified that McManus asked her to say she witnessed a male employee of Jackson sexually harass McManus. Orosco also testified that she visited McManus at home during their employment and McManus showed her a room filled with watches, posters, clocks, sunglasses, T-shirts and laundry baskets filled with Michael Jackson’s clothes and other items she stole from Neverland. It was also found that McManus stole a drawing Jackson made of Elvis Presley and sold it for $1000 to Gary Morgan from Splash [6].

It also emerged that earlier McManus and her husband were ordered to pay $17,000 each in another lawsuit, in which it was ascertained that they stole money from an estate that was set-up for minor relatives of McManus. They willfully and maliciously defrauded Shane and Megan McManus, a nephew and a niece of Adrian McManus, out of their money. They were sued by Rosalie Hill, the children's guardian ad litem. Judge Richard A. St. John found that the the money was held in the trust for the benefit of those two children and McManus and her husband dissipated those funds [6] [7].

Now, if Taraborelli was an honest and genuine journalist he would have added all this about McManus instead of running with her story and acting like it's true and presenting it as such. See? JRT managed even fans second guess Michael based on this story! "What if it's true?" That about shows how manipulative JRT really is. Imagine non-fans reading it! By the way, it also came out later that McManus had an off-day that day, so no, her story is not true at all.

If you are still sceptical and still tempted to run with McManus' (and thus JRT's) version, just ask yourself some very logical questions about it:

1) If it was true, how come McManus was not asked about it by the prosecution in 2005 on the stand? Something like that would surely bolster their case? The prosecution obviously knew it was not true, otherwise they would have presented this story in court during McManus' testimony.
Not only that but in McManus' deposition in December 1993 (months after the search) she said she never saw any inapproprieties between Michael and children and even said that she trusted MJ so much that she would have no problem with leaving her son alone with him! (Her story changed only later, in and around the spring of 1994 when she and the other four ex-employees started to contemplate suing MJ for money and started selling stories about him for money to tabloids.)

2) McManus claims several employees saw these alleged pictures of children in their underwear. How come the prosecution could never find anyone to testify to it? Not even McManus, because as I said in 1) even she did not repeat this story under oath.

3) To believe this story you will have to believe that all of MJ's employees would be happy to go along and cover up for a suspected child molester and instead of turning in all those photos of children in their underwear to authorities they would hide them for Michael. Do you really believe that that everybody there would be like that?

The story is simply not true and falls apart under scrutiny and I can't believe even fans say things like "what if it's true?" instead of getting to the bottom of it. Imagine non-fans then when they read this story! They will just assume it is true. So with this story JRT basically tells his readers that MJ had photos of children such as Macaulay Culkin in their underwear and other incriminating evidence in his possession which were only not found in the search because his employees hid them. Bravo, Taraborelli for putting crap tabloid stories like that in your book which make MJ look suspect. Stories which were not even claimed by the prosecution and which are not true at all. So is this the book some of you find so great and trustworthy? This is exactly why JRT's book is so dangerously manipulative!

Last edited:
To begin, why are you listening to GQ? That in and of itself is a tabloid of sorts and has much less of a reputable standing than Taraborelli's book, which has testimonials from numerous people who are, indeed, noteworthy to the case and will vouch for him if deemed necessary.

It's ironic that you put down Mary Fischer's GQ article as "tabloid", but you consider JRT's book the Bible, which extensively uses tabloid sources for its claims such as Adrian McManus' interview with the VERY tabloid People magazine and other similarly "reputable" sources... But since JRT put them in a book I guess that makes them less tabloid? Or how does it work?

Fischer's 1994 GQ article is not perfect - for example, she is wrong on the Sodium Amytal part in my opinion. But it's because the Chandlers mislead her on that. Eventually whether Sodium Amytal was used on Jordan or not is not vital in this case. However, for most of the other parts were provided to her by Anthony Pellicano and since then they were confirmed to be true by other sources as well (including the Chandlers' own book).

Regarding Rothman, this is not about him. This is about Michael and the Chandlers. Anything regarding him is mostly superfluous.

Rothman was a major player in this story. He was in it with Evan when they cooked up the story. So his character and motives are not irrelevant.

Read any other following on the strip search. They will all say the EXACT SAME THING that the Taraborelli book does. I have no comment on this one.

Tabloids (and to me JRT is tabloid as well) lift from each other. Just because a claim appears in many tabloids it does not mean it's true. It just means they lifted from each other.

One thing you are right about is the insurance thing and I wish fans would drop that defense already, especially after Mesereau confirmed that MJ was not forced by any insurance to settle. It never made sense in the first place. You cannot force someone to settle against his will. I also do not understand why fans and haters alike make this such a vital point. It's not important at all whether an insurance was involved in the settlement or not. It does not make Michael guilty if he paid from his own pocket and it does not make him innocent if he didn't. I feel like this whole "who paid? the insurance or not?" is a big red herring. If you want to find the reason why Michael settled read Geraldine Hughes' book, that gives the best explanation of it! Basically the reason is that the Chandlers managed to get the civil proceedings ahead of the criminal and it had the potential to violate Michael's right to a fair criminal trial. Also I kind of side-eye Johnnie Cochran who was too chummy with Larry Feldman and to me it seems MJ's lawyers pushed MJ in the direction of a settlement at least partly because they wanted both sides of lawyers to "win".

I looked up McManus' testimony and here is what she said on the stand about the search:

3 Q. Was there a search that was conducted at

4 Neverland by Los Angeles Police Department?

5 A. Yes.

6 Q. Were you present at the time that happened?

7 A. I -- yes, but I -- yes, but I had called in

8 sick that day and I had to go back to the ranch.

9 Q. You had called in sick that day?

10 A. I was sick on that day.

11 Q. By coincidence, or you knew there was going

12 to be a search?

13 A. No, I didn’t know. I did not know. I just

14 was sick and I called in sick.

15 Q. And had anybody heard of anything in advance

16 of that search?

17 A. No.

18 Q. There had been no talk about that at all?

19 A. No.

So much about that little story in JRT's book.

Last edited:
It's ironic that you put down Mary Fischer's GQ article as "tabloid", but you consider JRT's book the Bible, which extensively uses tabloid sources for its claims such as Adrian McManus' interview with the VERY tabloid People magazine and other similarly "reputable" sources... But since JRT put them in a book I guess that makes them less tabloid? Or how does it work?

Fischer's 1994 GQ article is not perfect - for example, she is wrong on the Sodium Amytal part in my opinion. But it's because the Chandlers mislead her on that. Eventually whether Sodium Amytal was used on Jordan or not is not vital in this case. However, for most of the other parts were provided to her by Anthony Pellicano and since then they were confirmed to be true by other sources as well (including the Chandlers' own book).

By no means do I feel this way. It's obvious that any Michael Jackson biography (Man in the Music, The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story, Conspiracy) has more reputable sources than any tabloid, particularly in the 1993 case. As far as information goes, at least ninety percent of the sources Taraborelli gives are interviews that he himself gave; he mostly uses other articles for interviews given by others or reviews on Michael's music and/or behavior. Go check the "Source Notes" section.

You above said that the Chandlers mislead Mary Fischer for her article, and fans call Taraborelli a liar. How are we to say that he wasn't mislead? And how are we to say that Fischer just covered her ass by saying she was mislead when really she was wrong? It seems that fans are entirely out to believe anyone else who was wrong in their biographies, but are totally against Taraborelli simply because he was honest with his assessment of Michael's innocence.

I think everyone here is making good points..

While I enjoy TRB book because like I said it did not feel like an anti book or a pro book. Just a book of how he sees things!! With somebody like Michael it is very hard to find books like that when he (MJ) is someone that people have very strong opinions on.. That is the main reason I like it, I went in reading expecting to read things I wont agree with and things I'd enjoy.. I decided what I'll take from it before I read it..

Now I do feel TRB did write the book specifically to get people with strong opinions to read the book, both anti and pro MJ.. So to say he was "honest" I would agree but would have to comment that he did word things to strike interest with the anti MJ readers. So honest with enticing haters!

Overall as far as reading it this is how I really feel:

* The book would get mixed reviewed across the board from MJ fans and haters!

I'm not sure what Snow White Loves Peter Pan would say to this but I'm curious - Now knowing this book gets interest in fans and haters, I've always liked that because fans will stay strong to there opinions on MJ but because it entertains the minds of haters enough to be open minded enough to read it by telling stories that may give an image that COULD be unfavorable yet does not paint him as a child molester..

What I mean is I find this book a perfect segue book for haters to open there minds to at least the idea that MJ is NOT that.. (which he was never)

From there, introducing books like Redemption etc. would come next!!

Oh no Mr. Inserting inuendoes and doubts is not asserting Michael's innocence, it's wanting to play for both crowds. I remember back in the day in 2005 watching JRT in some "news" programs other shows speaking pro prosecution and mocking MJ but when the jury reached a verdict he knew Michael would be acquitted, bitch please. I'm not naive, neither I forget.

Last edited:
^ Well in personal experience I did exactly what I said I feel works and it did that..Work!! I've gotten 2 people that I worked with that totally were convinced that MJ was a child molester think otherwise within a 2 week period simply by fallowing these steps.. lol

* First I knew they read big books, and have talked about MJ in the past so they would be the ones I go after
* Told them about the GQ article which for whatever reason they did not want to read (I figure cuz they knew it was pro MJ)
* I told them about JRT, the first was willing to read it, then gave it to the other
* After that I mentioned GQ article again and they both were willing to read it
* Then Redemption

That's how it worked for me, I've only tried it twice and it worked..

I have 3 version of J. Randy Taraborrelli's book the 1991 version, the 2004 version and the 2009 version. I find the first version is slightly better than the later versions because I don't think I trust every word that Taraborrelli wrote in these later books. Plus I bought the 2004 version first because I wanna know the details about 1993. As much I have and read those versions of these books and as I said I still don't trust every work of what Taraborrelli wrote.

I should get both Redemption and Conspiracy next.

By no means do I feel this way. It's obvious that any Michael Jackson biography (Man in the Music, The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story, Conspiracy) has more reputable sources than any tabloid, particularly in the 1993 case. As far as information goes, at least ninety percent of the sources Taraborelli gives are interviews that he himself gave; he mostly uses other articles for interviews given by others or reviews on Michael's music and/or behavior. Go check the "Source Notes" section.

No, biographies aren't automatically more credible than tabloids. See? This belief is what makes JRT so dangerous. Because even fans like you assume that just because it's in a book it somehow miraculously becomes more credible than when the same claim from the same source is in a tabloid. And then a lie becomes canon because it's in a book. And even for the interviews he conducted you have to check who the person he interviewed is and you have to know that person's background and the history of his claims to see if it's credible info. If the info comes from someone like Evan Chandler you have to condiser his bias - well, in case Taraborelli would let his readers consider that by revealing his source. But he's being very manipulative about it.

You above said that the Chandlers mislead Mary Fischer for her article, and fans call Taraborelli a liar. How are we to say that he wasn't mislead? And how are we to say that Fischer just covered her ass by saying she was mislead when really she was wrong? It seems that fans are entirely out to believe anyone else who was wrong in their biographies, but are totally against Taraborelli simply because he was honest with his assessment of Michael's innocence.

Fischer did not "cover her ass". She still believes that her Sodium Amytal story is correct. It's my opinion, based on my research, that it's probably not correct, but it's not a highly relevant detail. When you know the details of the Chandlers allegations you know that how they claim Jordan's allegations came out are highly problematic with or without Sodium Amytal (the boy was basically threatened into it by his father). I'm critical of everyone, that's why I brought up that Fischer was wrong on this detail, in my opinion. I'm not loyal to journalists, but I'm loyal to facts and the truth. Maybe you too should be a bit more critical of Taraborelli whose book has far more problems than Fischer's article.

I don't think when Taraborelli inserts such stories as the above given example of McManus he acts in good faith. If he was an honest journalist he could have checked out the background of McManus. By 2003 when he wrote that, it was already known that McManus and the other members of the Neverland 5 sued Michael and lost that lawsuit and were ordered to pay money to Michael for lying and stealing from him. A genuine journalist does not take a story from such a person with such questionable credibility and presents it as if it's what really happened. Without presenting who this person really is in MJ's life which, of course, would put her claims into a perspective.

It seems that fans are entirely out to believe anyone else who was wrong in their biographies, but are totally against Taraborelli simply because he was honest with his assessment of Michael's innocence.

Look, there is an example presented above about how misleading and dangerously manipulative Taraborelli is. Yet, you act like we just attack him because we do not like he expressed a little doubt about Michael's innocence. At this point I don't think anything else can be said if you still want to defend JRT and refuse to acknowledge that his biography is anything but trustworthy. There is hard cold evidence above about how he inserts dangerous and untrue innuendo in his book that is very harmful to Michael's repuatation. It's dangerous because apparently even fans like you consider Taraborelli trustworthy and rather than doubting JRT you go "what if it's true". Just imagine what non-fans would make of such stories who have far less interest in researching the real facts behind a claim.

Last edited:
What I mean is I find this book a perfect segue book for haters to open there minds to at least the idea that MJ is NOT that.. (which he was never)

A perfect segue? Let me tell you then how haters really use this book. They take stories like the above one with McManus and use them to "prove" Michael was guilty and a child molester. You factually state that there was no incriminating evidence found against Michael in the searches. What do haters or just those who are clueless about the real facts of this case do? Take Taraborelli's book and show this story and say: "That's why there was no evidence found against him. Because his maids hid all the evidence before the raid. It's there in this Michael Jackson biography, it must be true."

Unfortunately for us, there are far more people reading Taraborelli's book than people reading the 2005 court transcripts, so it's exactly books like Taraborelli's which put false myths like that out and make them a part of the folklore. It's such things are what make this fight to clear Michael's name such an uphill battle.

Last edited:
I learned Michael spoke to him but Taraborrelli widely exaggerates the amount of times those calls occurred. The last time Michael spoke to him was in 1994 before JRT published his 1994 version. Michael asked him for copies to check and corroborate facts, Taraborrelli refused and never spoke to him. If he really was a reputable journalistic, why did he refuse his book to be checked? Like he had something to hide.

Last edited:
Snow White luvs Peter Pan;3972489 said:
I leaned Michael spoke to him but Taraborrelli widely exaggerates the amount of times those calls occurred. The last time Michael spoke to him was in 1994 before JRT published his 1994 version. Michael asked him for copies to check and corroborate facts, Taraborrelli refused and never spoke to him. If he really was a reputable journalistic, why did he refuse his book to be checked? Like he had something to hide.

Good question, especially considering the fact that he collaborated with the other side (Evan) on the 1993 part.

BTW, it was suggested earlier that maybe JRT did not name Evan as his source because Evan wanted to remain anonymous. You bet he wanted! Evan was bound by the confidentiality agreement in the 1994 settlement. So if JRT revealed him as a source Michael could have sued Evan for breaking the agreement! It's another very ethically questionable thing by Taraborelli. He knew well, as all the media did, that Evan was bound by the confidentiality agreement so they should not give an outlet to his claims. Especially because it's unfair to Michael, because he too was bound by the confidentiality agreement and because of that he could not answer. So what does Evan do? He goes anonymous and JRT assists him in breaking the confidentiality agreement. Just to show you how there were journalists who were actually ethical about it. This is Judith Regan, a book publisher. Listen what she had to say:

[video=youtube;yQYeNfHVBtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQYeNfHVBtM&feature=player_embedded [/video]

In written form:

“I received a call from Jordan’s uncle. He wanted to do a book in which he would describe in detail the allegation of molestation against Michael Jackson. So I asked him how he proposed to do this given the fact that the Chandlers had actually signed a confidentiality agreement and taken $20mln. And he said that Jordan’s father had given him all the information he needed for the book and he believed he was outside the bounds of the Confidentiality agreement because he would be the author. At the time I had the impression that the Chandlers were brazen opportunists and I found the entire proposal by the uncle to be distasteful. They enter a Confidentiality agreement and before the ink is even dry they are shopping a deal that violates this agreement?”

Apparently JRT was not that ethical about it as Regan.

A perfect segue? Let me tell you then how haters really use this book. They take stories like the above one with McManus and use them to "prove" Michael was guilty and a child molester. You factually state that there was no incriminating evidence found against Michael in the searches. What do haters or just those who are clueless about the real facts of this case do? Take Taraborelli's book and show this story and say: "That's why there was no evidence found against him. Because his maids hid all the evidence before the raid. It's there in this Michael Jackson biography, it must be true."

Unfortunately for us, there are far more people reading Taraborelli's book than people reading the 2005 court transcripts, so it's exactly books like Taraborelli's which put false myths like that out and make them a part of the folklore. It's such things are what make this fight to clear Michael's name such an uphill battle.

Well shouldn't I tell you how haters take this book considering I said this specifically because I made 2 haters believe MJ is NOT a molester this way?

Also could you explain/clear something up for me..

You said:
"She still believes that her Sodium Amytal story is correct. It's my opinion, based on my research, that it's probably not correct, but it's not a highly relevant detail."

Than you also say about TRB:
"If he was an honest journalist he could have checked out the background of McManus."

Well isn't that contradictory to give a pass for someone for not doing proper research and coming up with a conclusion - and the other person is "not being an honest journalist" because he did not do proper research and coming up with a conclusion.

Sounds very bias to me..

In many cases Respect77 I agree with a good amount of what you say, so please don't take this as any type of finger pointing at you..

I love the GQ article, and I am not trying to defend TRB I've said several times that he did purposely say things to entice haters to read the book.

Well shouldn't I tell you how haters take this book considering I said this specifically because I made 2 haters believe MJ is NOT a molester this way?

That's great, but unfortunately I have seen the opposite use of JRT's book.

Also could you explain/clear something up for me..

You said:
"She still believes that her Sodium Amytal story is correct. It's my opinion, based on my research, that it's probably not correct, but it's not a highly relevant detail."

Than you also say about TRB:
"If he was an honest journalist he could have checked out the background of McManus."

Well isn't that contradictory to give a pass for someone for not doing proper research and coming up with a conclusion - and the other person is "not being an honest journalist" because he did not do proper research and coming up with a conclusion.

Sounds very bias to me..

In many cases Respect77 I agree with a good amount of what you say, so please don't take this as any type of finger pointing at you..

I love the GQ article, and I am not trying to defend TRB I've said several times that he did purposely say things to entice haters to read the book.

How is it biased when I wrote that I'm critical of Fischer for it? Where did I give her a pass when it was me who brought up her mistake in the first place? I wrote:

I'm critical of everyone, that's why I brought up that Fischer was wrong on this detail, in my opinion. I'm not loyal to journalists, but I'm loyal to facts and the truth. Maybe you too should be a bit more critical of Taraborelli whose book has far more problems than Fischer's article.

In fact, I did write an article about why I think that part of her article is wrong. I do not uncritically accept things whether good or bad. That's why I realized that Fischer might be wrong about this.

But whatever each of us think about Taraborelli's motives, whether we think he is deliberately manipulative or not, is a side issue. The real question was: Is his book good or not? Is his book trustworthy or not? And it was shown above that it is not. That is the bottom line.

No, biographies aren't automatically more credible than tabloids. See? This belief is what makes JRT so dangerous. Because even fans like you assume that just because it's in a book it somehow miraculously becomes more credible than when the same claim from the same source is in a tabloid. And then a lie becomes canon because it's in a book. And even for the interviews he conducted you have to check who the person he interviewed is and you have to know that person's background and the history of his claims to see if it's credible info. If the info comes from someone like Evan Chandler you have to condiser his bias - well, in case Taraborelli would let his readers consider that by revealing his source. But he's being very manipulative about it.

If you actually take the tabloids, which have a proven history of manipulating stories and events to fit a certain standard, over a detailed biography, which in and of itself has proven itself to be extremely factual and has interviews with many reputable people, you're only fooling yourself. The interviews he conducted were with numerous associates that would gain absolutely nothing from lying about anything they were asked. Go look in his source notes section if you don't believe me.

If you were writing a book on the 2003 allegations and has the opportunity to interview Gavin Arvizo, wouldn't you do so? I would imagine yes. But knowing the fan community, many people would probably eschew anything that makes Michael look guilty of any crime. That is false journalism, and is exactly what he himself was protesting against. When Michael screwed up, it only made sense to accurately document it and be honest with the readers. And yes, maybe at times Taraborelli included certain stories that may or may not have been entirely truthful or wise to include. But nevertheless, he included it all. Something most of you wouldn't want to do, because it makes Michael look less than perfect.

I'm not loyal to journalists, but I'm loyal to facts and the truth. Maybe you too should be a bit more critical of Taraborelli whose book has far more problems than Fischer's article.

I am critical of everything on Michael that I read. But I have read my fair share of information and I have learned quite a bit, not only on the 1993 verdict but on everything in his life. And much of it is mirrored in Taraborelli's book. He does include numerous errors, just as any human being will when writing a book on fifty years of a life that was plagued with such sorrow as Michael's. But he is mostly accurate. And I have no doubts about him.

Look, there is an example presented above about how misleading and dangerously manipulative Taraborelli is. Yet, you act like we just attack him because we do not like he expressed a little doubt about Michael's innocence. At this point I don't think anything else can be said if you still want to defend JRT and refuse to acknowledge that his biography is anything but trustworthy. There is hard cold evidence above about how he inserts dangerous and untrue innuendo in his book that is very harmful to Michael's repuatation. It's dangerous because apparently even fans like you consider Taraborelli trustworthy and rather than doubting JRT you go "what if it's true". Just imagine what non-fans would make of such stories who have far less interest in researching the real facts behind a claim.

What proof? Because Taraborelli omitted certain stories that weren't necessarily required to be included? That he doesn't believe that your dear Michael was perfect in every way? That's ridiculous.

The argument that anti-Michael people are really going to use this book as a basis for their argument that Michael was a child molester is absolutely ludicrous. First of all, if they truly hated Michael, why would they read an entire book on him? Secondly, if they even bothered to read the entire section thoroughly, Taraborelli does outline the fact that there was absolutely no sensible evidence against Michael anywhere in the investigation. There are going to be dozens of books, now and in the future, that anti-fans can use for an argument because the author misspoke. But in the end, Taraborelli is honest and truthful with what he says.

Go find any other biography on Michael's life that is as positive as this, actually reviews all evidence presented as fact, gets nothing wrong, and I will admit that Taraborelli's book was weak. Better yet, write it yourself. Until then, this is the definitive book on Michael's life.

We're not gonna go anywhere. At least 3 of us have presented heavy reasons why that book is not worth our time or our money but some keep on defending a tabloid reporter when I really think I stated clearly why he's a two face and not so ethical as some of you make him seem. At least we have better proofs and people stating adamantly Michael's innocence than that book.

If you actually take the tabloids, which have a proven history of manipulating stories and events to fit a certain standard, over a detailed biography, which in and of itself has proven itself to be extremely factual and has interviews with many reputable people, you're only fooling yourself. The interviews he conducted were with numerous associates that would gain absolutely nothing from lying about anything they were asked. Go look in his source notes section if you don't believe me.

You keep going on about how "extremely factual" Taraborelli's book is when it was shown above it's simply not true.

If you were writing a book on the 2003 allegations and has the opportunity to interview Gavin Arvizo, wouldn't you do so? I would imagine yes. But knowing the fan community, many people would probably eschew anything that makes Michael look guilty of any crime. That is false journalism, and is exactly what he himself was protesting against. When Michael screwed up, it only made sense to accurately document it and be honest with the readers.

Where do you take the idea from that fans would not take into consideration the accusers' side when forming an opinion? You are totally misrepresenting my stance and others' here who are less than impressed with JRT's book. When I form my opinion about the allegations I do not base it on Taraborelli's book. I base it on court documents, which include the accuser's testimony, so that's kind of like an interview with Gavin Arvizo. Since in the Chandler case there wasn't a trial and there aren't court documents I use Ray Chandler's book and Dr. Gardner's interview with Jordan and the like for research. To see what their claims are and where the contradictions and inaccuracies and lies are. That's the only way you can do an honest research and I did all that and I know many other fans did it too. Did you?

You have to take each side into considerartion but you have to do it critically. On many instances unfortunately Taraborelli just runs with a story he was given by the accuser's side and does not do a critical examination of the claim.

And yes, maybe at times Taraborelli included certain stories that may or may not have been entirely truthful or wise to include. But nevertheless, he included it all. Something most of you wouldn't want to do, because it makes Michael look less than perfect.

Of course, fans do not like Taraborelli to include "not entirely truthful or wise" stories (nice eumphemism for "lies"). Why is that wrong that we do not want to see lies about Michael? And no, we do not want him to be portrayed as perfect, we just do not want lies about him.

What proof? Because Taraborelli omitted certain stories that weren't necessarily required to be included? That he doesn't believe that your dear Michael was perfect in every way? That's ridiculous.

Did you read what was previously written in this thread at all? For example that story with McManus? So to you it isn't "necessarily required to be included" that McManus' story is not credible? It's OK to lead people to believe that crucial evidence that might have incriminated Michael was hidden before the search? Even if it's a totally false story? Sorry, but it's not me who is ridiculous here. Just because I do not want people to believe lies about "my dear Michael" it does not mean I want him to be portrayed as perfect. I'm not sure how not being portrayed as someone who hid incriminating evidence means that the person is portrayed as perfect.

The argument that anti-Michael people are really going to use this book as a basis for their argument that Michael was a child molester is absolutely ludicrous. First of all, if they truly hated Michael, why would they read an entire book on him? Secondly, if they even bothered to read the entire section thoroughly, Taraborelli does outline the fact that there was absolutely no sensible evidence against Michael anywhere in the investigation.

Haters do use Taraborelli's book and stories from it such as the above mentioned. This is a simple fact. In fact, even Ray Chandler's book uses it against Michael.

Last edited:
I see one of my posts were deleted and Im not sure why!!

TRB's book is a pretty long book.. I think we can all agree on that.. So if those who think it's so bad, why after page 100 keep reading? Why finish it?

As far as defending the book, I don't see anyone talking about how great the book is... More so, just saying it's a good read - and would recommend it..

Than some others come in and say NO, and talk about how horrible it is.. There is a lot less defense than offense here!

I've made as clear as I can that there is areas of the book that are not favorable or good.. If that's my defense for the book, than ok lol!

I didn't read the whole thing, what for? If much of it is bull. I was mainly concerned about the 1993 case but as some of pointed out, the information come from people who sold stories to the tabloids, omitted information and inserted untrue stories to create salaciousness and uncertainty.

Back