Director, Co-Actors / Themes for Next Short Film?

Stargirl

Proud Member
So...what are your suggestions?
Which director, co-actor and theme combo would you like for the next short film!?

David Lynch as the director. They've done amazing surreal work together before.

what the name of the guy who directed "in the closet"
He seems cool :)

yeah michael gondry would be a safe bet, or perhaps he should get his old pal Bret Ratner to do one for him.

Tarantino doing the directing and have the co star be Mickey Rourke in a new york gangsta setting

Who thinks that John Landis isn't kicking himself now for suing Michael?

He would most likely have been the director or co-director of such a Thriller project as he was the director of the music video.
Or possibly, he would have been part of the production team in another capacity, as they have executive directors and so on.

It's possible Michael had him on a shortlist of people to contact once the deal was sealed. But now that he's sued him, working relations are unlikely to be harmonial, meaning that he would be left out.
He would have earned quite well from such a production in addition to his Thriller fees.

I don't think Landis gave Michael notice he wasn't being paid, otherwise, an out-of-court deal would have been arrived at to pay outstanding fees if that had been missed.
Everyone had reached a point of dragging Michael into court for their own publicity, just like the Prince.

I guess the Prince is even kicking himself a lot more. Michael would have been willing to do some projects with him as a favour, as the guy who helped him out in a dark time, but that's now never going to happen.

He would most likely have been the director or co-director of such a Thriller project as he was the director of the music video.
Or possibly, he would have been part of the production team in another capacity, as they have executive directors and so on.

It's possible Michael had him on a shortlist of people to contact once the deal was sealed. But now that he's sued him, working relations are unlikely to be harmonial, meaning that he would be left out.
He would have earned quite well from such a production in addition to his Thriller fees.

I don't think Landis gave Michael notice he wasn't being paid, otherwise, an out-of-court deal would have been arrived at to pay outstanding fees if that had been missed.
Everyone had reached a point of dragging Michael into court for their own publicity, just like the Prince.

I guess the Prince is even kicking himself a lot more. Michael would have been willing to do some projects with him as a favour, as the guy who helped him out in a dark time, but that's now never going to happen.

Firstly, I do agree that Landis must be in a total puddle of anguish now. And GOOD! How dare if sue Michael in such tough times!

Secondly, I have a question....

What do you mea Prince helped him in his dark times...and why would Prince be kicking himself now? :unsure:
please elaborate :yes:

For a nice sexy gothic look, I'd like Tim Burton as a director and Johnny Depp as a co-actor! :wild:

I can imagine MJ as a vampire wearing a black/red right now! :D Look at the Twilight film, it's so in fashion lately. Of course it'd depend on the song too. lol

This is purely speculation but I don't think Michael would have chosen John Landis again to work on the "new" Thriller. He has already worked with him twice before and I believe he would have wanted an entirely new production team.

For a nice sexy gothic look, I'd like Tim Burton as a director and Johnny Depp as a co-actor! :wild:

I can imagine MJ as a vampire wearing a black/red right now! :D Look at the Twilight film, it's so in fashion lately. Of course it'd depend on the song too. lol

Actually Tim Burton would be an AWESOME choice for a director - I don't think he has ever done an actual music video before, but he has done a lot of musically oriented films. His looks, his visions - that would be a match made in heaven! As for Johnny Depp - somehow I don't think Michael would approve. He wouldn't want someone to outshine his acting skills - and let's face it: Johhny Depp is pretty damn good! :clapping:

Firstly, I do agree that Landis must be in a total puddle of anguish now. And GOOD! How dare if sue Michael in such tough times!

Secondly, I have a question....

What do you mea Prince helped him in his dark times...and why would Prince be kicking himself now? :unsure:
please elaborate :yes:

I meant Prince, the Prince of Bahrain, not Prince the singer.

The Prince of Bahrain dragged Michael to court unnecessarily then settled on previous terms Michael had offered after his case began to crumble.

I meant Prince, the Prince of Bahrain, not Prince the singer.

The Prince of Bahrain dragged Michael to court unnecessarily then settled on previous terms Michael had offered after his case began to crumble.

ooo...ty ^_^

Im pretty certain that MJ and Landis had finished the project they were already working on late last year before this suing business came up.

I'd like MJ to work with Mel Gibson seems that Gibson was supposed to be in the UNBREAKABLE short film that never got made.

Landis would be fine.

^^^^^

seems that Gibson was supposed to be in the UNBREAKABLE short film that never got made.

WOW - I never knew that!

Im pretty certain that MJ and Landis had finished the project they were already working on late last year before this suing business came up.

I'd like MJ to work with Mel Gibson seems that Gibson was supposed to be in the UNBREAKABLE short film that never got made.
Yes, did you have to remind me. It makes me sad that there has only only been one short film from Invincible.

Back