Differences in HIStory Disc 2?

adamschoales

Proud Member
Okay, so we all know that "They Dont Care About Us" was edited, but weren't there a few other changes? I remember my casette had a different opening for "History"... didn't it? Did scream eventually get censored? And what about the Gold vs Silver CDs?

Could someone clarify the differing versions of HIStory disc 2?

The changes that were made to HIStory Disc 2 were They Don't Care About Us because of the controversy surroundings the lyrics some words were edited. Also HIStory has a different opening now to its original release, not sure why it was changed. Other than that though I can't think of any other changes.

When HIStory was first released, it was released on Gold CDs but now they're released on Silver CD's. Scream was only censored on the single, short film and a version of Screal Louder (Flyte Tyme Remix) found on BOTDF: HITM was censored. The album version is uncensored.

TDCAU has extra drum programming in it plus the obvious Jew & K*ke SFX added.

This Time Around has been reprogrammed to actually start at the beging of track 3 instead of at the end of track 2.

The original HIStory intro was a pre-recorded stock track. The reissued HIStory intro was an original recording which includes bells and is altogether more powerful than the original intro.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a copy with silver cds they could post a picture of? I have never heard about this before.

nnoc46.jpg

1zbgo61.jpg

5ff3ub.jpg

2gt9g12.jpg

2eas9ky.jpg

Last edited:
The changes that were made to HIStory Disc 2 were They Don't Care About Us because of the controversy surroundings the lyrics some words were edited.

Yet they don't change TTA. Yeah...should of left TDCAU alone.

Yet they don't change TTA. Yeah...should of left TDCAU alone.
Why would they change TTA? TDCAU was changed because it was alleged that the song was racist where as TTA is explicit.

I bought my CD when I was in Germany, it has a message to the fans from Michael at the end of Disc 1, was Germany the only country who received a personalized message or did every country get this?

BTW, the HIStory booklet is absolutely amazing.

kick kick me instead of kick me kill me has been censored for many years now,

kick kick me instead of kick me kill me has been censored for many years now,

The edited version on copy doesn't have the offending lyrics changed, it just replaces them with sound effects.

It's funny cause I could have sworn I'd heard a version like that but the last I checked mine, It just had sound fx.

I bought my CD when I was in Germany, it has a message to the fans from Michael at the end of Disc 1, was Germany the only country who received a personalized message or did every country get this?

BTW, the HIStory booklet is absolutely amazing.

wow lucky you. We didn`t get any message here in Hungary, though he filmed the teaser here..

yea all i know his History the gold disc has the uncut version of TDCAU, then on the seliver disc it all has same song exp TDCAU has the cut version. With the casstte i use to have the ccasstte till i worn them out an they had the uncut version of TDCAU on it.

I have now the gold and seliver discs and the cassttes.

Last edited:
Does the Silver disc version have the extra drumming and backing singers come in on the first chorus? Not sure it does.
I don't believe either of the HIStory discs contains the real version of TDCAU as heard on the Prison version video that is the most worked on edition and my favourite, I am not sure what formats it was released on,, I only managed to find it on 1 release

i don't know i have to listen to them both again. Haha see i don't take more notice on things like theses.

I don't think it does, but im sure the gold disc has the extra backing singers in, i might be wrong have to listen. I'm sure on the cd single theres a backing singing to it.

Does the Silver disc version have the extra drumming and backing singers come in on the first chorus? Not sure it does.
I don't believe either of the HIStory discs contains the real version of TDCAU as heard on the Prison version video that is the most worked on edition and my favourite, I am not sure what formats it was released on,, I only managed to find it on 1 release

TDCAU (Original Album Version - Gold Disc) - Uncensored.

TDCAU (Censored Album Version - Silver Disc) - Words censored.

TDCAU (Single Version) - Words censored + extra drum programming.

wow lucky you. We didn`t get any message here in Hungary, though he filmed the teaser here..

Hehe it don't matter to me since I'm from Sweden, I was just on my regular summer vacation in Germany when I bought the CD :D

Anyway, as promised here's the shout out MJ did to the German fans:
http://www.mediafire.com/?td4gmtj2dia

And as a bonus I took a (cell phone) picture of the "Merchandise Coupon" that went along the album. I'm now kind of bummed that I never ordered the "Dancing Feet T-shirt", I reckon it's the same t-shirt Usher wore in the MSG special?!

(Click the pictures for larger size)

Hehe it don't matter to me since I'm from Sweden, I was just on my regular summer vacation in Germany when I bought the CD :D

Anyway, as promised here's the shout out MJ did to the German fans:
http://www.mediafire.com/?td4gmtj2dia

And as a bonus I took a (cell phone) picture of the "Merchandise Coupon" that went along the album. I'm now kind of bummed that I never ordered the "Dancing Feet T-shirt", I reckon it's the same t-shirt Usher wore in the MSG special?!

(Click the pictures for larger size)

what was that???
i havent get this audio on my history album, and its of course from germany, cuase i live here lol
was that on one of the two discs??? :bugeyed

:angel:Thank you very much for this.

No problem at all! :)

what was that???
i havent get this audio on my history album, and its of course from germany, cuase i live here lol
was that on one of the two discs??? :bugeyed

If you have the golden disc version of HIStory (don't know if it's on the silver discs also), then there should be a track #16 on Disc 1, which is that message :)

On some HIStory discs MJ left a message at the end of the CD telling fans he was looking forward to seeing them in concert, however this message was only on a very limited number of CDs.

But what about the History track???? I have got the Golden Disc from Holland.... Can I buy every repressed version of History to get the other History version??

Back