Did they do any dress rehearsals for TII?

(in no order except wbss)wanna be startin something(opener with a cool magic trick) jam,they dont care about us earth song,dirty diana,thriller,threatened,smooth criminal,the way you make me feel,billie jean,beat it,heal the world,we are the world...thats all i remember and those were the official songs

Hi I don't believe this was the setlist, there were approx 22 set designs, I can only count 12. And WBSS was not going to be the opener. There's no BAD, Black or white, any Off the Wall / Invincible tracks, J5 or any ballads, can't see Michael would have done all of these without a breather. And he would of definetly performed a new track.

So we'll just have to wait for the rehearsal footage, we just can't speculate.

Hi I don't believe this was the setlist, there were approx 22 set designs, I can only count 12. And WBSS was not going to be the opener. There's no BAD, Black or white, any Off the Wall / Invincible tracks, J5 or any ballads, can't see Michael would have done all of these without a breather. And he would of definetly performed a new track.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' was the opener, with a cool magic trick involving a glowing orb. All michaelsson did was state the songs which were being rehearsed and more than likely performed.

Also Black Or White was in the setlist, he definately performed it on the 23rd and it was said to be one of the highlights, along with the J5 medley that day

I don't think there was a full rehearsal with costumes unfortunately :( I wish I was wrong though. Songs that I know they were rehearsing are Dirty Diana, TWYMMF, Stranger in Moscow, Thriller, Dangerous, HTW, We are the world, Smooth Criminal, TDCAU...forgot others I think

well duh. thats not the ENTIRE setlist. those are just the songs i remember. and those tracks arent speculation. those were the songs that were going to be peformed nd were rehearsed. and WBSS was indeed going to be the opener. and is threatened not from the invincible album? so what are u talking about? and i didnt realise i needed to include a breather,seeing how as thats common sense. maybe u shud reread my post

Wasnt Michael practicing 24th, too? I dont know how many people there were, but wasnt he at Staples Center on 24th June..?

So was there a dress rehearsal or not? If so, was it just the one on the 24th June?

there was a dress rehearsal the 24th. Mj was wearing a white shirt during a set and joking around with the camera man during his performace,telling him he was too close and tapping him on the head lol

there was a dress rehearsal the 24th. Mj was wearing a white shirt during a set and joking around with the camera man during his performace,telling him he was too close and tapping him on the head lol

Yes, we seem to get snippets of info all over the place, but he did go backstage to get changed on the 24th in between songs

Yes, we seem to get snippets of info all over the place, but he did go backstage to get changed on the 24th in between songs

yea i figured that haha. i wonder if he was performing black or white with the white shirt

Most of the pictures released are not from the 24th June..? Im not saying I was there and I wont be explaining how I know about the rehearsals but I just know for sure most of the pictures are shot some other day...

Most of the pictures released are not from the 24th June..? Im not saying I was there and I wont be explaining how I know about the rehearsals but I just know for sure most of the pictures are shot some other day...

yep. ur right

(in no order except wbss)wanna be startin something(opener with a cool magic trick) jam,they dont care about us earth song,dirty diana,thriller,threatened,smooth criminal,the way you make me feel,billie jean,beat it,heal the world,we are the world...thats all i remember and those were the official songs

Oh wow I'd love to see Threatened...or any songs from Invincible :wub: :(

Yes, I heard they had full dress rehearsal that night.

Although, I would've thought Michael would bring back his gold pants for smooth criminal.

Urggh God no. It didnt go together.

Anyway Michael wore black pants more often than not for Smooth Criminal in all the other tours. It was only HIStory that he did.

i know. imagine speechless

I think he did rehearse Speechless too, but it was a rotation with Stranger in Moscow for some concerts I believe...Speechless was my favorite. He did ask fans what they wanted to hear...speechless was the request :(

I think he did rehearse Speechless too, but it was a rotation with Stranger in Moscow for some concerts I believe...Speechless was my favorite. He did ask fans what they wanted to hear...speechless was the request :(

:cry: :cry:

^ Absolutely, it is the most beautiful song I ever heard.
Hopefully he did it and it's included in the film, I will cry so hard.

hopefully we'll get to see all this...esp his dirty diana performance!! that would be beyond words...BTW we should all go together! like a CONCERT! the guys in london should all go to the big ODEON in central london...that would be a real concert!!

Last edited:
Back