Did Sony ever make MJ record songs he didn't want to?

Just realized it was on old question lol but statement still stands

There was an 'Invincible' album preview (that took place in UK) weeks before its release.

Keith Waller (who was also there) reported that story.

UK Sony Music's top executives, music critics/journalists (such as, from The Independent), few privileged fans, and even Gloria Haydock herself (from the MJNI fan club) attended that album preview.

While the 'Invincible' album was being played from start to finish, the reaction in the room appeared to be positive (most of the attendees were nodding their heads to the beat, while others were even stunned by the new music of that album).

Sorry, but that seems like an over optimistic recalling of events to the one I had at the time. As per my above post, Uk media feedback for Invincible was lukewarm but radio and club reception was much more positive. Which in turn saw the UK label push the album in a big way (huge media advertising). Unfortunately, UK sales were pretty awful and further were inconsistent across Europe. I could go on but have addressed this topic in another post, and do want to derail this thread More from my end.

Last edited:
Back