Did MJ Know How Much He Meant To Us?

of course he knew.
fans showed him in so many ways, and I think Mike is the kind of person that takes time to read the letters fans send him. He said so himself. He also knew there was different kinds of fans and different kinds of love.
But love was the fuel he needed to keep going, so he knew. Thank God :)

As much as I believe he knew very much how loved he was by his fans.. It still pains me that I never got to say those words personally to him. :(

I think they can, to an extent. They will never know the full depth of our feelings for them, but I think they know they're there. It's the things that us as fans do to show our love for him: from buying his music to supporting him in court, to sending him fanmail/presents, mourning his death, and everything in between.

So true, I'm undecided on this one. Part of me thinks he must know, but then another part of me questions how can he know? When on some level I don't think even I truely truely understood/ appreciated just how much, until............

Great thread, I often ask this question myself.

Personally, I am just your normal 21 year old guy but MJ means something to that no other musical artist or celebrity ever could. It's on a different plane; nearly obsessive. I am deeply interested in his affect on people and popular culture, especially throughout the '80s when it seemed like the world almost revolved around him.

I guess what I see in him is the moral compass in life: Do do things with love and care, be a perfectionist, never settle for second best, be kind & compassionate, always aspire to new heights and leave a legacy that will last forever. It's qualities like these that extend way beyond the music for myself and most other passionate Michael Jackson fans.

I'm think he knew what he meant to us, but to a certain extent. Events like his trials (namely '03-05) would have probably opened his eyes more as to his true value. I congratulate people who went and supported him in periods like these when he needed it the most. However, I don't think he quite knew just how many people solely lived their lives by him

I really don't know if he did. I'm sure he knew a lot of people admired him, but if he really knew how much he MEANT to his fans and how much we really loved him and how important he was to us all....that I don't know. But I really do hope he knew. I really wish that he left this world feeling extremely loved. Because he was.

I don't know. :( I hope so, but like many other people have said.. If he didn't know then, I certainly hope he knows now.

i believe Michael did know how much we loved him and how much he ment to us. it showed whenever we expressed it by continuing to fight for him when he was tormented by the media and by law inforcement who stopped at nothing to smear his good name, and by listening and growing up with his music and always taking each moment whenever some of us were lucky enough to meet him to always say "i love you" to him. Michael knew we loved him more then words could even express. he died knowing that and he is still with us looking down on us smiling and is beyond touched at how much we still love him and miss him like crazy.

I

And it really annoyed me to read in Schmuley's book how he kept saying to Michael that the fans loved the celebrity, not the person. Because he couldn't be more wrong. And I hope Michael didn't listen to him.
This infuriated me. I hope Michael didn't believe it, on any level.

Michael knew. Everyday. He saw it when he performed, he knew how happy we were when he was on stage.... why do you think he did it? He made us so happy. And it made him happy to make us happy. He put the light in our eyes and thats what im going to miss the most :)

Back