Did MJ copied his style on John Travolta?

There a dance step or two that Michael has stolen from Grease.
You know that move MJ does in "The Way You Make Me Feel" where he does a gesture as he's getting freaky a girl from the back. - I think I saw that in grease.

Billy Jean was out in 82

Grease was out in 78 so yea i think it had an impact on MJ lol

But really Every great style is copied at one point or another. so its no big deal.

lol as for the dancing..... the gesture......come on! it again not a big deal. Everyone does it. Michael felt it um... fit in that part of the video so he did it. kinda like what everyone does in any video thats somewhat sexual.

Yeah during Summer Nights John Travolta has a bunch of backup dancers, it reminded me somehow of Beat It. Those 'tough guys' dancing together.

definitely an influence.

(on a side note, if this thread gets locked because it's "spamming" , i'll explode laughing)

Well really, in that time a lot of people wore jack ups, it was the style, no?

yup influence. but the sock showing and short pants is from fred astair..and those shoes are 50s i believe. so yea it did not start with michael. even putting some hair in face is from back in the day.

:lol:
john looks funny in that picture.

and yes, grease had an influence on mike. i bet a lot of things did :ninja:

hehe, don't worry...im not trying to guess at his muse
:p

hey and he put the grease stars, aka john and olivia in liberian girl so it's obvious he does like that move and was influenced by it :yes:

There a dance step or two that Michael has stolen from Grease.
You know that move MJ does in "The Way You Make Me Feel" where he does a gesture as he's getting freaky a girl from the back. - I think I saw that in grease.

Yea that's in summer nights.

mike had said that a lot of his influence was from a musical that was before grease. one called 'west side story'.

anyway, a lot of people wear those kinds of socks, and pants.

but for MJ the socks were sequined, along with the gloves, for motown 25.

LOL@the cleft

it has always reminded me of John Travolta

mike had said that a lot of his influence was from a musical that was before grease. one called 'west side story'.
th_whs.gif

If you watch "grease" John travolta is wearing short black pant, white socks and black mocassin shoes....
plus the way he moves as well....
and his clif on the chin!

so just wondering....

It seems some of MJ's moves were more influenced by "Saturday Night Fever" than "Grease". Watch Saturday Night Fever and you'll see what i'm talking about. Some of John's moves from that movie MJ adapted in to his style. We all know if there's a dance move that catches Michael's interest, he's definitely going to learn it (and take it a step further as always, ;))

anyway, a lot of people wear those kinds of socks, and pants.

but for MJ the socks were sequined, along with the gloves, for motown 25.

Its funny you should say that, I've never read that before but it doesn't suprise me. 'West Side Story' is one musical, which I do know just about off by heart. And when I watch the 'Bad' short film, I always notice certain 'West Side Story' Dance moves.
Nought wrong with that. I see Fred Astaire other times, or James Brown. One of the many things I like about Michael is his enthusiasm and admiration for other artists work.
Hi by the way. Never posted here before.

As others have said Michael has been inspired much more by the Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly musicals of the 30's and 40's and also by West Side Story. It was Fred Astaire who wore the short trousers and showed the socks off and I think that's where Michael got his inspiration from.

Its funny you should say that, I've never read that before but it doesn't suprise me. 'West Side Story' is one musical, which I do know just about off by heart. And when I watch the 'Bad' short film, I always notice certain 'West Side Story' Dance moves.
Nought wrong with that. I see Fred Astaire other times, or James Brown. One of the many things I like about Michael is his enthusiasm and admiration for other artists work.
Hi by the way. Never posted here before.

well welcome to the forum!:)

or should i say 'hello i must be going' with the trouble i'm getting in around here:lol:

did the KOP imitate John Travalto ? ? LMAO i dont think so

He probably did. Mike's a genius, and the thing about geniuses is that they borrow from others and use that as foundation for something new...imitation is the greatest form of comliment.

the black pants, white socks, and black shoes was a popular look in the 50s and in the early early 80s

:rolleyes:
MJ copied blah blah blah. MJ copied his hairstyle from A, copied his style from B, copied his singing style from C, copied his dancing from D. I think next time, someone will say MJ copied Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, and everyone else.

Back