Diana Ross Tribute to Michael Jackson

If you listen to her singing missing you in the golden dress it is soo heart felt and SOOO much soul and feeling..Many of today's artists should take note of these pros who SING EVERY WORD..i never get how rhianna can say she sings every word..You can barely understand her lyrics let alone get the impression she means the words..

For example listen to how Diana sings DOWN in the down and lonley line...Just says everything..She was singing it with lyrics all referring to michael jackson..So much depth and feeling...Such a fitting song in many ways and just reflects perfectly how she and we all feel..

The line ' what were you going through'..Not just that exact line but how she sings it gets to me..Like she is saying how she can't comprehend what he would have been going through in those last months.

Wow.... For some reason this hit me extremely hard. I can't believe something like this has happened

This made me cry. The line "what were you going through" gets to me too.

I just can't get enough of both her and Whitney paying tribute to our Mikey!

At J. Randy Taraborrelli's Facebook page , they are mentioning that Michael's kids were at the last nights concert at LA. Apparently Diana Ross acknowledged them.

Edit:
Here's the video that shows the moment when she says Michael's kids are in the audience (and the audience applauds) before starting her tribute to Michael
(MJ's kids are not shown in the video below)

Last edited:
yeah, I read Paris and Blanket were there. I think it's nice. Means they are in touch, which is good and just like Michael wanted.

At J. Randy Taraborrelli's Facebook page , they are mentioning that Michael's kids were at the last nights concert at LA. Apparently Diana Ross acknowledged them.

Edit:
Here's the video that shows the moment when she says Michael's kids are in the audience (and the audience applauds) before starting her tribute to Michael
(MJ's kids are not shown in the video below)

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...dren-attend-diana-ross-concert-she-honors-him

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson's Children Attend Diana Ross Concert As She Honors HimEXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson's Children Attend Diana Ross Concert As She Honors Him

Almost a year after Michael Jackson's tragic death, his three children stepped out on Wednesday night to attend Diana Ross' concert in Los Angeles during which the singer paid tribute to Jackson, RadarOnline.com has learned.

"The reason I did this concert for one night is to pay tribute to my friend Michael Jackson," Diana said at the end of her performance at the Nokia theater. "His children are in the audience," Ross said and the crowd thundered with applause for the three children. Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and Blanket, 8, were seated next to Barry Gordy, the legendary founder of Motown records.

Paris' heartbreaking speech at the memorial service for her father in 2009 was the first time the children ever addressed the public. Since the singer's death, they have been living with Michael's mother Katherine Jackson, who was appointed their guardian in his will. Ross is the second guardian named after Michael's mother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlmgMVaR15U&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xQMy3w27a0&feature=player_embedded

PS: Forget about Randy Taraborrelli. He is a jerk.

"The reason I did this concert for one night is to pay tribute to my friend Michael Jackson," Diana said at the end of her performance at the Nokia theater. "His children are in the audience," Ross said and the crowd thundered with applause for the three children. Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and Blanket, 8, were seated next to Barry Gordy, the legendary founder of Motown records.
:wub:

Does Katie was with them?

Last edited:
i am glade they went to see her .:)
at least it is some kind of relief for them in this on going madness ,a very honorable way to remember their father. this is how it should be done .

Glad to hear that the kids were at her concert. Hope they enjoyed themselves.

Great to hear they were there. Such sadness in their young lives. Everywhere they go, everyone wants a picture of them. Everywhere they go, they hear or see images of their dad. Poor things.:(

Thanks so much for posting all the YT vids and the pictures too.

Ms.Ross. Beautiful voice....beautiful tribute.
A true legend as well as a true friend to Michael.

Michael, you're always in my heart :heart:

:cry:

:wub:

Does Katie was with them?

According to the people there (at the discussion at Facebook) , No.
They say they saw the kids but none of the Jackson's were there. Radaronline article makes it sound like they were there with Barry Gordy.

^Sorry just a bit confused you mean they're saying they did attend the show but did not sit with Barry Gordy right?

According to the people there (at the discussion at Facebook) , No.
They say they saw the kids but none of the Jackson's were there. Radaronline article makes it sound like they were there with Barry Gordy.
Very strange :unsure:, I did not know he is sooooooooooo intimate and close to Michael's children to the point of bringing them to the Diana concert. :scratch:I thought Katie had gone with them or some other family member (3T).

Thanks for the information. :)

^Sorry just a bit confused you mean they're saying they did attend the show but did not sit with Barry Gordy right?

they attended the show and they did sit with Barry Gordy.

People are just saying that they didn't see any of the Jacksons with the children.

Wow, impossible not to feel an aching heart and a few tears roll listening to Diana and her extraordinary voice doing a tribute to Michael.
Tributes made by friends Michael who have known all your life are beautiful!
In the case of Diana, she saw Michael up close the first steps Professionals, and always helped him.
Diana was his refuge, his example, his brotherly love. Your Unconditional support was paramount.
For me, Diana Ross, and Lyz Taylor, tops the list of few people who truly were and still are friends of Michael. Without ulterior motive.

A beautiful gesture of affection, love and respect.

Thank you Diana!!! Love YOU!

they attended the show and they did sit with Barry Gordy.

People are just saying that they didn't see any of the Jacksons with the children.

ahh thanks for the explanation

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...dren-attend-diana-ross-concert-she-honors-him

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson's Children Attend Diana Ross Concert As She Honors HimEXCLUSIVE: Michael Jackson's Children Attend Diana Ross Concert As She Honors Him

Almost a year after Michael Jackson's tragic death, his three children stepped out on Wednesday night to attend Diana Ross' concert in Los Angeles during which the singer paid tribute to Jackson, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Paris' heartbreaking speech at the memorial service for her father in 2009 was the first time the children ever addressed the public. Since the singer's death, they have been living with Michael's mother Katherine Jackson, who was appointed their guardian in his will. Ross is the second guardian named after Michael's mother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlmgMVaR15U&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xQMy3w27a0&feature=player_embedded

PS: Forget about Randy Taraborrelli. He is a jerk.

:wild: So sweet!!! Thanks for posting!! I love her and I'm very happy for this!! :wub:

Diana RossDedication to Michael Jackson - Missing You & You Are Not AloneLive-Los Angeles 2010-06-09

[youtube]zdSWz4X8ux8[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdSWz4X8ux8

She says on Michael "someone loved very, very dearly" & his kids are in audience

Last edited:
Back