Diana Ross Tribute to Michael Jackson

MJStorm

Proud Member
MUSIC REVIEW
The Boston Globe
Career-spanning reflections from Diana Ross

(...)

Closing out the night, Ross sang a heartfelt tribute to Michael Jackson that featured “Missing You’’ and his “You Are Not Alone.’’ Ross’s choice for a first encore was a head-scratcher: Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive,’’ which Ross recorded, but it still felt odd and unnecessary.

(...)

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2010/05/17/career_spanning_reflections_from_diana_ross/

Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyIUdt7O5c&playnext_from=TL&videos=UULASM7mqHo

Aaww.....

Thank you, Diana.

...with love, L>O>V>E.

Just beautiful. Michael LOVES this woman.

Beautiful video.

SMH. Thread cleaned. This isn't about the funeral or memorial, this thread is about the tribute that Diana did. As if you need reminding. Every thread turning into a hate fest is getting ridiculous and is ruining the tone of MJJC. There is so much bitterness here. Michael loved Diana, it was plain as day. Just please, a bit of respect. On topic now.

Heard about this yesterday, hopefully there is footage of this.

I somehow thought she would do this.

One of the better MJ covers.

Especially because MJ loved Diana Ross so much, and she loved him too.

Thumps up Diana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyIUdt7O5c&feature=player_embedded

... for me,this song has more meaning with her voice..

Michael Jackson will be remembered and missed forever.

I so agree...her voice brings more meaning to the words for him.

What a great start to my morning! My eyes may be bloodshot now, but my heart is filled with joy, just remembering the happiness they shared and the less complicated times she represents in Michael's life.

BIG GIANT THANKS MJStorm for posting.

thank you for posting this...that made me cry too..my heart feels so heavy with grief right now. :boohoo: Diana did a beautiful job..thank you Diana I am sure Michael loved it,,

Last edited:
This is so beautiful. The first note brought tears. Thank you, Diana, for a loving,
heartfelt tribute to Michael. I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you Diana!

I know that Michael loved her very much! He said he'd love her always in his book Moonwalk! I am touched by their love! Very beautiful!

This tribute is simply beautiful...and makes me miss him even more :cry:

I'm typing this with glassy eyes. Thank you Diana :cry:

Oh no.... totally beutiful and heartbreaking... just to hear those few notes and her voice... Michael...how did we come to this??? I miss you so much. We ALL miss you and need you so much!!!!! :weeping:

(thanks for sharing :cry: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyIUdt7O5c&feature=player_embedded

I learn the meaning of true love from Diana Ross and Elizabeth Taylor...True Love is Quiet and Deep!

Thank you Diana , i love the tears you brought to my eyes... for me,this song has more meaning with her voice..

Michael Jackson will be remembered and missed forever.

Thank you for expressing this in such a beutiful way.
I totally agree with you. What a beutiful thing to see (and so emotional :-( )

I miss Michael so, so much

Oh man... :sigh:

'Missing You' is one of my favorite Diana Ross songs. To hear her sing it and the image of Michael behind her...oh man. You can tell it was hard for her to sing it. :(

Thanks for posting.

Aww that was lovely! Michael loved this woman so much. He would have loved it i'm sure. Nice job Diana!

I'm sad again, I miss you Michael!!!

Just got home and I'm not gonna lie, I watched the footage and am just trying to hold back the tears right now.

I thank Ms. Ross so much for doing that tribute to Michael, I miss him so damn much!

Just got home and I'm not gonna lie, I watched the footage and am just trying to hold back the tears right now.

I thank Ms. Ross so much for doing that tribute to Michael, I miss him so damn much!

I know... it really hurts. All I can do is send you a hug :hug:
Let's hope someday we will be able to look back to those "happy" days without tears in our eyes. I long for that day.... but so far, it doesn't look any close at all :no:

Back