Details of The Live Televised Funeral (First Post Edited at 8:15pm UK TIME)

QUESTION, I dont get it, these tickets people are getting for the MJ thing at Stapler, do they get to SEE michael? DEAD? Why would you guys see michael jackson dead? Thats wrong. WRONG.

I second that!

Michael's words are keep ringing in my ears: See you in July... But I'm sure he didn't mean it this way... :( :cry:

So it is true??? They get to SEE him dead? Please, someone who knows, clear this up. Why would his family let people see him dead? Even though they are fans, it's wrong. It's disrespect to Mike, I am sure he don't want us to see him like that.

??????????????

QUESTION, I dont get it, these tickets people are getting for the MJ thing at Stapler, do they get to SEE michael? DEAD? Why would you guys see michael jackson dead? Thats wrong. WRONG.

I doubt that they will get to see him. Pandemonium would break out and that would not be good for Michael and for his image around the world.

However I guess it's up to the organizers

Well, I was watching the conference and I'm 99% certain that the representatives speaking specifically stated that Michael's body would not be on display, as this is a memorial service not a funeral.

Whilst they didnt actually confirm I think its extremely unlikely that MJ will be there as my understanding is that the private funeral/burial takes place before the memorial. And the least divulged about that the better so it can remain a private event.

For gods sake!!! the body is NOT going to be there. repeat, NOT going to be there!

Exactly. This is a memorial only. There will be no body or coffin. He will be there in spirit only.

we do they said it in the conference that theres no procession and hed be buried earlier

A memorial is an ceremory to remember somone, Michael's body will not be there. That is not what a memorial is about. It is friends, family and loved ones getting together to remember and celebrate the life of the one who has passed.

Just so I have this right the private memorial is at 10 and the public is after? So If I'm streaming online would I just check out cnn at ten and wait?

Wait, is there still no talk for the actual funeral?

The Public Memorial (that will be streamed online and broadcast on TV) is at 10 am (PST) and the Private funeral is before that.

The memorial is after the funeral, therefore Michael will already be buried and not at the memorial. There is also no procession - no car going down the road with fans either side..which i think is a bit sad.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Fans continued to register by the thousands early Saturday, hoping to be among the 8,750 people who will be randomly picked to attend the memorial service for singer Michael Jackson next week.
By 5:30 p.m. PT (8:30 p.m. ET) Friday, seven hours since the lottery's announcement, more than half a million people had registered to snag a pair of tickets to the ceremony at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California, according to Jackson family spokesman Ken Sunshine.
The overwhelming response prompted organizers to open up the lottery to non-U.S. residents as well, he said.
"When you grow up with Michael Jackson's music pretty much your whole life, you feel like you lost a family member and you have to go to the funeral," said Add Seymour of Atlanta, Georgia, who registered soon after the announcement Friday morning and planned to fly out if he was picked. "I got some frequent flyer miles just in case I wanted to do something wild and crazy -- and this is wild and crazy."
Yet, despite the interest surrounding the service, few details emerged by early Saturday. Organizers would only say there would not be a funeral processional to the arena, indicating Jackson's body would not be brought to the public memorial.

The memorial is after the funeral, therefore Michael will already be buried and not at the memorial. There is also no procession - no car going down the road with fans either side..which i think is a bit sad.
WHAT!!! This is ridiculous! Michael deserves his last journey down the road with his fans! It won't even feel like we have said good bye!

News just came on again and they are saying there will be no outside broadcast of the service so people can't even gather outside the stadium!!! This is ridiculous!!! Choose a bigger place then and don't complain cops this is all about money for you and not being able to "afford" to look after the city for one very important day in history!!!

Michael deserves a big send off and fans deserve to all be there - as much as possible as least so they should provide OUTSIDE screens for crying out loud its not hard! If they can do it for sporting events they can do it for this! Sorry guys it just annoys me that they are not putting enough effort into this.

News just came on again and they are saying there will be no outside broadcast of the service so people can't even gather outside the stadium!!! This is ridiculous!!!

I'm pretty certain this was made clear in the press conference yesterday. That's why they said that if you haven't got a ticket, don't even try to come into the area, as you won't be allowed. Either you get tickets for the Staples center or the simulcast at the Nokia theatre or you stay at home and watch on TV.

People that registered for tickets won't know whether they have got one until tomorrow and they have to pick them up (+ wristband) on Monday. If you're not able to do that I don't see the point in registering. Just stay at home and watch on TV. If you try to get to the area without a ticket you won't be allowed and you won't see any of the memorial.

Am I the only one angry about this? Michael is so loved and deserves the biggest send off ever yet they are saying no your not invited! Since when do you do that to fans? Did they do that to Lady Diana or Elvis? No.

They didn't even choose the biggest arena - why not an 100,000 arena? HELLO HALF A BILLION HITS?? What is even worse is they are BLOCKING fans from being outside! Not even a screen outside... I'm totally annoyed. Michael deserved to have ALL THE LOVE at his funeral - not just for chosen people. This will be the last chance the world gets to see how loved MJ was and its the last time fans will ever gather for a Jackson event - as big as this EVER again!

I hope fans don't listen to the stupid cops and go and pay their respects as much as anyone else can.

I know, by the sounds of it last night, they said they are going to block people off FAR from the arena, so you can't even get close. I think fans should have definitely been able to line the streets to show how much he was loved, and pay their respects as the cars drove past, just like they did for Diana yes..... and Jade Goody! I think it was a bad decision not to do this. Maybe these are his plans though...or maybe the family want it to be as private as possible, the children might have got freaked out by it all..I don't know :(

Am I the only one angry about this? Michael is so loved and deserves the biggest send off ever yet they are saying no your not invited! Since when do you do that to fans? Did they do that to Lady Diana or Elvis? No.

They didn't even choose the biggest arena - why not an 100,000 arena? HELLO HALF A BILLION HITS?? What is even worse is they are BLOCKING fans from being outside! Not even a screen outside... I'm totally annoyed. Michael deserved to have ALL THE LOVE at his funeral - not just for chosen people. This will be the last chance the world gets to see how loved MJ was and its the last time fans will ever gather for a Jackson event - as big as this EVER again!

I hope fans don't listen to the stupid cops and go and pay their respects as much as anyone else can.

Does anyone know if they are gonna replay the memorial in the evening? I have to work on Tuesday and I want to watch the memorial! :(

itll be filmed and on youtube/various websites im sure. If someoone could record and 2000-watts-it that would be great! Any other channels said they'll be showing it yet?

I very much want to be at the funeral but I am not sure whether endure this event. This could be worse because people have experienced the shock and at the ceremony, many can not endure.​

Back