Details of The Live Televised Funeral (First Post Edited at 8:15pm UK TIME)

ParisKatherine

Proud Member
I havent heard any details yet as to whether the Funeral will be televised live or not but i was hoping as soon anyone hears what times and what channels etc if they can post it here.

Im particularly interested at what time in the UK because of the time difference (UK is 8 hours ahead) as i understand is SOME TIME NEXT WEEK.

Breaking News

For Michael Jackson:

AEG and reps for the Jackson family just announced

a memorial service for Michael Jackson will take place at the Staples Center on
Tuesday at 10:00 AM. (6pm UK TIME)

11,000 tickets will be distributed free of charge to the general public

-- a press conference will be held tomorrow morning to address the situation further.

TMZ.COM

SKY ARTS 256 has said they'll broadcast it LIVE

Apparently, the family can't get permission to bury his body in Neverland :( but they wanted to.

There will be NO screens outside the Staples center. Register for tickets at www.staplescenter.com
In fact that whole area will be blocked off for satety reasons
Only those who receive tickets will be allowed in the AREA .

Post here when you find out please. :)

Michael RIP

Last edited:
Re: Details of The Live Televised Funeral

Oh I am certain that this will be televised, atleast the public memorial. Perhaps not the private memorial for family and the elite.

I havent heard any details yet as to whether the Funeral will be televised live or not but i was hoping as soon anyone hears what times and what channels etc if they can post it here.

Im particularly interested at what time in the UK because of the time difference as i understand it the Funeral is on Friday therefore this will be late Thursday for us Brits.

Any idea of channels/times?

Post here when you find out please. :)

Michael RIP

Actually, I believe Friday here would still be late Friday in the U.K. If it takes place at noon on Friday in Los Angeles, for example, it would be 8 pm at night Friday in the U.K.

Thanks ive changed it 7 hours behind us rght?

I would love for them to do a televised service like they did for James Brown.

im sure that all public parts will be shown worldwide i mean michael was and stil is the most famnous and loved man in the world they cant do anything but showing it the whole world is gonna want to see it

UK time is 8 hours ahead.

according to latest reports nothing will happen at neverland no public service no burial. they are looking at staples centre in L.A but as normal the media has run with something when it wasnt confirmed the family havnt decided anything

I really don't feel I would be able to look at it, I think I'd rather remember my last images of MJ been all those memories before his death, and not laid out in a . I didn't see my aunt or Granddad at their funeral.
How do people feel here looking at it on TV?

i thought so. because the family never issued a statement..it's just TMZ trying to "break" something...adn then the likes of CNN and BBC ran with it.

The funeral is televised... "the largest funeral in history" live... I am living a big nightmare! I can not believe. May God give me great strength in the coming days. :(

There has been no official statement regarding funeral plans from the family. For all we know this funeral could be private.

Last edited:

Michael Jackson will not be buried at Neverland ranch

Funeral arrangements for Michael Jackson are still in flux, but one thing is clear: The pop icon will not be buried at Neverland ranch.

Jackson’s family wanted him interred at the Santa Barbara County estate, the site of some of the happiest and saddest times in his life, and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger had agreed to help clear any state bureaucratic hurdles, a source close to the situation told The Times.

But in the end, the source said, county officials could not find a way to quickly circumvent legal restrictions governing burial at a private residence.

"It’s nobody’s fault. Everybody in Santa Barbara feels bad about it,” the source said.

Law enforcement officials had expressed concerns about thousands of cars driving up a narrow mountain road to Neverland.

Santa Barbara County sheriff's Lt. Butch Arnoldi said that the two-lane Figueroa Mountain Road is not designed for a crush of cars and that his department is discussing how to make the route to Neverland as safe as possible.

There have also been reports the memorial might be held at Staples Center.

Santa Barbara County spokesman William Boyer said Wednesday that despite meetings to prepare for the possibility of a memorial service, county officials had not heard from the Jackson family.

"There's been no decisions that have been made as of last night," Boyer said. He said the county and sheriff's officials had been in touch with their law enforcement counterparts in Southern California.

LAPD officials said Tuesday that they met with the Jackson family but that no final decision had been made on either a memorial service or funeral plans.

-- Harriet Ryan and Andrew Blankstein

P source: No public Neverland memorial planned

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD
Associated Press Writer

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- An effort to bury Michael Jackson at Neverland Ranch fizzled and it appears more likely a funeral and burial will take place in Los Angeles, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Authorities in Santa Barbara County had been preparing for tens of thousands of fans to descend on the 2,500-acre ranch after media reports that a public viewing would take place later this week.

But the person, who is not authorized to speak for the family and requested anonymity, said nothing is planned for Neverland at least through Friday.

The person said it appears more likely a funeral and burial will take place in Los Angeles. The family has the final say.

A private memorial service for family and friends could take place at the ranch, most likely after the funeral.

The person said billionaire Thomas Barrack, who owns Neverland in a joint venture with Jackson, sought an exemption to bury the singer at the ranch. But the person says it's a complicated process and it couldn't be done for a burial this week.

"The family is aware a Neverland burial is not possible. They are expected to make decisions about whatever funeral and memorial service" will take place, the source said.

Heavy construction equipment and workers were seen passing through the wrought-iron gates of Neverland on Tuesday. The property is about 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

At once a symbol of Jackson's success and excesses, Neverland - the 2,500-acre property nestled in the hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country - became the site of a makeshift memorial after his death Thursday.

source tells AP that, despite widespread media reports, there is no public memorial planned for Michael Jackson at Neverland.
36 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

The L.A. Times has learned that Michael Jackson will not be buried at his Neverland ranch due to legal issues.16 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

BNO News source: Michael Jackson's memorial likely to take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.6 minutes ago from BNO Headquarters

e person said billionaire Thomas Barrack, who owns Neverland in a joint venture with Jackson, sought an exemption to bury the singer at the ranch. But the person says it's a complicated process and it couldn't be done for a burial this week.

"The family is aware a Neverland burial is not possible. They are expected to make decisions about whatever funeral and memorial service" will take pla

although the above doesnt really make sense if u want to bury him at nev then u just wait until the paper work is done. so u have wait till next week then u wait. its not like theres anywhere else he could go

I guess Barrack has some kind of say as to whether Michael is buried in Neverland being the owner to half of it? But we do need a place like Graceland for Michael I think to last for decades and Neverland defined Michael perfectly. I think its very sad he won't be buried there.

guys there WILL be a public view! It seems so not logically for the family not to do that. Michael loved his fans they know that! They know they can't do this to us and they won't

Can somebody plz explain, I just couldn't translate correctly.. what does "public view" means? I understand it like this: cars (in one of them will be our King (RIP) ), were going in the street, and all people walking after them. and then they will will be able to put flowers near......
sorry for this question, plz :(

Public View- An event where you are able to go see/view somehing :)

So we Michael's body will be on 'display' (I HAAAAATE to say that!) and we can all go pay our respects

there has been no official statement only speculation.

What? I'm not being funny but I think it's getting a bit much that there still haven't been any announcements about this...it's been nearly a week. He needs to be laid to rest now. :( As sad as it is.

Russian writing all the small stuff, like they do not get tired to think of everything. I am interested in where I can read the exact time and place of the funeral?​

I listened to Invincible today, and cried, cried and cried. Michael, I love you all my heart if you got up today and started to live, it would be very expensive for me a gift before the end of my days.​

My guess is they are waiting for the paperwork, and Neverland is still the place for memorial and perhaps even burial...

Back