Designer Alexander McQueen Found Dead.

There are reports claiming McQueen took his own life -- but so far, an official cause of death has not been released.

The UK media organization, Sky News, is reporting that McQueen was found hanged in his apartment. Sky News also reports that local police have said the death would not be "treated as suspicious."

The 40-year-old designer often designed outfits for Lady Gaga, Rihanna and Prince Charles.

A rep from McQueen's office just released a statement saying, "At this stage it is inappropriate to comment on this tragic news beyond saying that we are devastated and are sharing a sense of shock and grief with [McQueen's] family."
Aw...:( Love his designs, he got so big lately. Wonder why he took his life, if that's true.

I know, it's shocking isn't it? :(

Its very shocking.

He's one of the best, so talented.

I don't know how they have this information, or if it is true, but The Mail say he took his own life after his mothers death, poor man :(

British fashion designer Alexander McQueen has been found dead after taking his own life.
The 40-year-old committed suicide just days after the death of his mother, Joyce, last week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250249/Alexander-McQueen-commits-suicide.html#ixzz0fFFjIo9l

fuck my life......my biggest idols are going one by one,it's almost ridiculous,he finally did it like Isabella......R.I.P.

what's going on with the world!!!!! important and talanted people are leaving us one by one!!!!

I can't take it.

I honestly had never heard of this person. But the individual was only 40 and was making a significant contribution so condolences to his friends and family.:(

I haven't heard about him either but I'm sure if someone said he's a famous designer then he is, I don't follow that scene so much. It's very sad anyways, may he rest in peace.

Who's he? lol R.I.P. anyway :)

do u need to say LOL someone is dead

He's a very famous fashion designer.

Do you really think that "lol" is appropriate in a thread like this?

thats what i was going to say some ppl just dont know when to show sympathy when someone dies

---------------

Rest In Peace Alexandra Lee McQueen

This is so tragic, what a loss...I feel really terrible. Rest in peace Lee.

Among others McQueen created a lot outfits for Lady Gaga, e.g. for her video Bad Romance.
R.I.P.

Terribly sad news - dreadful loss for British talent and the fashion world - R.I.P. Lee Alexander McQueen, a true Maverick....

This was posted on a fashion blog I visit.

I can’t believe it! I absolutely can’t believe it! The greatest designer of them all. Honestly I am just... Speechless. For those of you who don’t know.The designer nicknamed the hooligan of English fashion has a legacy behind him that would rival any talented artist. Trained on the Row by Gieves and Hawkes he was an apprentice like no other. It was clear in his cut that he was a surgeon really. Clothes that fitted like a glove and inspiration beyond a mere human, his ideas were revolutionary! To challenge, confront and innovate. Where to start? Awarded British designer of the year 4 times. Awarded the CBE (honour bestowed by the Queen) and one time head designer of Givenchy Haute Couture. The first designer to use fashion which embraced technology! Remember the Kate Moss hologram, the Highland Rape. The latest "Plato's Atlantis." This really is a great loss to our industry.

Alexandra Shulman, editor of British Vogue, said Mr McQueen had influenced a whole generation of designers.
She added: "His brilliant imagination knew no bounds as he conjured up collection after collection of extraordinary designs.

Lets just say it is a huge loss to the fashion industry.

He's regarded as a 'genius' is fashion.

Last edited:
I heard his mom passed away on the 3rd and he was really depressed about it :cry:

This is so tragic!!! :cry:

I've never heard of him but since he's designed for GaGa and Prince Charles then he must be big.

R.I.P.

Adam Lambert wearing Alexander McQueen Knuckle Ring

x610.jpg

x610.jpg

x610.jpg

I will miss his awsome talent and firce desings :(
R.I.P. Alexander McQueen
535v67o.jpg

zwgsgo.jpg

2a8n7fc.jpg

My spirit is with his family and friends!:(

There is so much beautiful and cool clothes he created but look how pretty these catwalk dresses are -

alexander-mcqueen-1.jpg

sarah-jessica-parker-alexander-mcqueen-sex-and-the-city-london-premiere.jpg

He was supposed to have a show in Paris soon. Its London fashion week next week too I think.

http://www.sojones.com/urban-clothing/alexander-mcqueen/

Alexander McQueen is both the name of the designers and the fashion brand that he himself created. Alexander McQueen is an English born fashion designer who is well known for his creativity and audacity. He has a very impressive reputation in the fashion world for the clothing that his brand designs, makes, and markets. He creates women’s ready-to-wear items and accessories. He also deals with menswear, leather goods, and shoes.
Born in London in March of 1969, Alexander McQueen was the youngest of six kids. It would seem that he was always headed toward success ever since a very young age. He left school at the age of 16 and then he was offered to become an apprentice at Saville Row. Alexander McQueen eventually graduated from the Central Saint Martins Masters program in 1994, a school that is now owned by fashion icon and editor, Isabella Blow. Soon after he got another offer from Gieves and Hawkes. He is currently one of the most well known and respected fashion designers on the international scene and has won the British fashion designer of the Year award four times. He was appointed head designer at couture house Givenchy in 1996, succeeding John Galliano.
Alexander McQueen is known best for his gorgeous and dramatically constructed pieces. He combines the elements of French couture with British tailoring. Some of the Alexander McQueen signature looks would include billowy dresses, hourglass silhouettes, skinny pants with frock coats, angular suiting, romantic gowns that are covered with intricate lace and embroidery.
Katie-Holmes-wearing-Alexander-McQueen.jpg
Katie Holmes wearing Alexander McQueen

In 2004, the Gucci Group acquired 51 percent of the Alexander McQueen label. Even still, Alexander McQueen still remains influential as the creative director of the label. During that time he also designed his first line of men’s wear and won an award naming him British Menswear Designer of the Year by the British Fashion Council.
These accomplishments have caught the eyes of many and made Alexander McQueen a prominent figure. Celebrities are not at all blind to his talents and take pride in wearing the styles of his brand. Some popular names that have appeared in the media include Camilla Belle, Beyonce Knowles, Cameron Diaz, Rihanna, Anna Paquin, Sandra Bullock, Fergie, Katie Holmes, Diane Kruger, Michelle Obama, Kate Bosworth, and Camilla Belle.

February 11, 2010, 12:03 PM ETFashion Industry Reacts to McQueen’s Death

Designer Richard Chai learned of Alexander McQueen’s death as he was preparing for his 11 a.m. show at the Bryant Park tents this morning. “Obviously it is such a tragedy. He was a genius,” Mr. Chai said after his show. “I really have no words.”
Others in the industry were reeling from the news as well.
Linda Fargo, women’s fashion director at Bergdorf Goodman, said Mr. McQueen’s death cast a pall on the opening day of fashion week. “I think everybody is absolutely devastated and shocked,” she said after Mr. Chai’s show. “Everybody’s feeling not good this morning.”
As fashion director at Saks Fifth Avenue in the early 1990s, Nicole Fischelis was the one who first convinced the store to start carrying Alexander McQueen’s line, making Saks the first retailer in the U.S. to do so.
Upon hearing of Mr. McQueen’s death, Ms. Fischelis, who is the current fashion director at Macy’s Inc., said: “I am totally devastated. I can’t believe it… He was in the prime of his success.”
Saks, she says, used to host one-night London Now events in the early 1990s, in which the store invited new British designers. At one of the dinners, attended by the American old guard—Calvin Klein, Bill Blass, Donna Karan, Geoffrey Beene—and the new wave of British designers, Ms. Fischelis recalls sitting between Mr. McQueen and Geoffrey Beene. “Beene told McQueen, ‘You are an individualist and you must stay like that.’ And McQueen said, ‘Mr. Beene this is the biggest compliment I ever had. Thank you very much.’ He had emotion in his eyes. It was a very special moment,” she says.
Ms. Fischelis adds: “I think this whole world maybe was too much for him. The business has evolved, the business is changing. It became much more about who wears it than who makes it. Alexander McQueen was a real artist.”
Ikram Goldman, who owns a high-end boutique in Chicago that has sold Mr. McQueen’s designs since it opened in 2001, says: “He was one of the important designers that really gave you a real show in Paris. His shows were rejuvenating. He was a force and I think this is a very sad day for so many people, not just fashion people but for creative people, too.”
Mr. McQueen wasn’t afraid to express his dark side. One season, his show was about an ancestor of his that had died during the Salem Witch Trials, and featured a pentagram-shaped runway. But Ms. Goldman says, “the darkness you can find in almost any designer… It was a visionary eye, the way he saw things and how he put them together that was more important.”
–Rachel Dodes and Ray A. Smith

February 11, 2010, 12:22 PM ETAn Editor’s Remembrance of McQueen: The Dog Eats First

WSJ. Magazine Editor-in-Chief Tina Gaudoin recalls her first meeting with Alexander McQueen:
Alexander McQueen halted the first interview I ever did with him in the mid ’90s to eat his breakfast: “ ‘d’you mind, me and my dog are starving?’’ he said as he unwrapped a Big Mac, tearing it neatly in half and feeding the dog first.

OB-FM797_mcquee_DV_20100211124613.jpg
Getty ImagesAlexander McQueen at the end of his Fall 2009 show in Paris.
McQueen’s design studio at the time was next to a cab dispatch company in the East End of London. He was a Savile Row-trained menswear designer with ambition, focus, a prodigious talent and a wicked sense of humor. He was, after all, the man who had created the infamous “bumster” pants for men (which revealed, some thought, unnecessary, ahem, cleavage).
I was there ostensibly to discuss menswear for a magazine I was editing for Harvey Nichols (the Barneys of the U.K.). What quickly became obvious was that McQueen was a rare talent in the vein of John Galliano and Thierry Mugler; a man who could take a silhouette and subvert it with his unique combination of tailoring and extravagance. When McQueen told me he was moving into women’s wear, traditionally a more lucrative and inventive market, I had little doubt he would succeed. Since then I have sat through many brilliant McQueen shows–the first was called Highland Rape. Later, in Paris, another featured live birds of prey. In 2006 Kate Moss appeared as a translucent hologram. In another Aimee Mullins, the American athlete with a prosthetic leg, strode down the runway.
Like his friend, the late great stylist Isabella Blow, McQueen always challenged convention. To wear his uniquely tailored clothes was to do the same. At one of his shows, he made it rain on the runway. It was, of course, a triumph of technicality, but in the cut-throat world of fashion, Alexander McQueen was something of a rainmaker.

Last edited:
Yes his mum passed away as well,and 3 years ago his best and fashion editor (who discovered him) Isabella Blow committed suicide too....
He's prob the most visionary designer ever,in only 15 years he reached the same status of designers who have 3 times his experience like Prada and Galliano,in the fashion world is extremely difficult to do so,not to say impossible....he was a reference for the entire fashion world and music as well.
One of his trademark outfits and imagery was chosen by Bjork for the Homogenic artwork back in the mid 90's and by Madonna later on,during the frozen era when he wasn't really famous yet.
He's pretty much responsible for the most iconic and futuristic looks of the past 10 years.
When M died I remember someone saying he is an entertainer for entertainers,Alexander was the same as a fashion designer.
He was an innovator and introduced a new era to present a fashion show,using music like no other before,using choreographies like no other before,he was the first one to use a hologram(kate moss) during a catwalk...he tried to take everything to the next level,for him it was not a fashion show it was an experience.....ok i stop...i could write for ever...but I'm so pissed off....

It seems like talent it's a curse.....

EPIC

Last edited:
Back