December 4, 2008 News and Mentionings

MJJC News Dept

Proud Member
Hello lovely people. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Here's a start at the day's news and mentionings :yes:
Latest News: Trio revealed as young Michael Jackson

First published: 04 Dec 2008

103469_28_preview.jpg
document.write('previous|nextImage 1 of 2
'); previous|nextImage 1 of 2
Kieran Alleyne, Layton Williams and Sterling Williams in Thriller - Live (Photo: Dan Wooller)

A former Billy Elliot and an ex-Lion King are to play the young Michael Jackson in tribute show Thriller – Live which plays at the Lyric theatre from 2 January. Layton Williams and Sterling Williams will alternate as the pre-pubescent popstrel along with newcomer Kieran Alleyne.

The trio – cast through open auditions just two weeks ago – were on stage for a photocall at the Lyric this morning where they performed one of the Jackson 5’s early hits, I Want You Back.

Layton Williams finished his run playing the title role in Lee Hall’s hit musical Billy Elliot at the Victoria Palace at the end of November, and has recently appeared in BBC2 comedy Beautiful People. Sterling Williams (no relation to Layton) was last in the West End playing Simba in Disney’s The Lion King at the Lyceum, but has been in full time education for the past year. They are joined by Alleyne, who makes his professional stage debut in the show. His only stage experience is playing Michael Jackson in a school tribute production.

Gary Lloyd, director and choreographer of Thriller – Live, said of the inexperienced Alleyne: “He was actually one of the most confident out of everybody we saw on the day. He was really, really good. He’s got great musicality and pitch; he’s a good little mover.”

The show, which Lloyd describes as “a concert strung together through video affects and narrative”, is intended as a celebration of the American pop star’s life and career from his early days as the young frontman of the Jackson 5 in the 1970s, through to his 1991 album Dangerous. The trio of youngsters, who will alternate in the role of the young Jackson, are joined by an older actor who will play the star at the time of his 1982 album Thriller. The rest of Jackson’s hits in the show are performed by singers who appear as themselves, including Denise Pearson from 1980s British group Five Star.

“I grew up on Michael Jackson and he was the ultimate inspiration for anybody wanting to go into this industry,” said Lloyd. “So to be offered the opportunity to actually put all of that work together with my own work involved as well is like a dream come true. We’re all extremely excited that we’re opening in the West End because we’ve worked really hard putting the show on tour and we think that more people need to see it.”

The King of Pop himself is not involved in the production, though Lloyd said he had “embraced” the show in its earlier incarnation as a touring production. Thriller – Live does have the backing of record company Sony, which owns Jackson’s back catalogue.

Thriller – Live opens at the Lyric on 21 January after previews from 2 January and is booking until 12 April. Currently at the Lyric is Eddie Izzard: Stripped, which ends its limited run on 23 December.
http://www.officiallondontheatre.co...03471/Trio-revealed-as-young-Michael-Jackson/

December 4, 2008

The Web Watcher: Barack Obama playing basketball; Michael Jackson duet with Eddie Murphy

duet_385x185_443853a.jpg

Eddie Murphy's duet with Michael Jackson

Arion McNicoll

div#related-article-links p a, div#related-article-links p a:visited {color:#06c;}...While graduating from stand-up comedy on Saturday Night Live to become one of the highest-grossing actors, Eddie Murphy also revealed himself along the way to be a capable singer. In his mid-80s stand-up show Delirious, Murphy’s imitations of James Brown and Elvis are uncanny, but did you know that he also once recorded a duet with Michael Jackson? ...

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article5280893.ece

URI GELLER - GELLER 'UNDERSTANDS' JACKSON SNUB

Psychic URI GELLER can understand why pop superstar MICHAEL JACKSON terminated their friendship - putting it down to the singer's need to put his "past troubles behind him."
The performer became a close friend of the Thriller hitmaker throughout the 1990s. But the pair has not spoken since Jackson's 2005 child abuse trial, in which the star was eventually cleared.
And Geller is convinced the superstar needed a fresh start when all his legal troubles were over.
He says, "We've never had a harsh word, and I am still deeply fond of him. But I appreciate he needs to put his past troubles behind him. If that means severing old friendships, I can understand how he feels. I suspect his survival depended on starting afresh."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/geller understands jackson snub_1088520

Heart to Hart: Nurse, custodian save student's life with CPR

By Monica Potts
Staff Writer
Posted: 12/04/2008 02:54:09 AM EST

STAMFORD - Isaiah Walden-Butler likes football and basketball, watching professional wrestling on television and playing video games. He is set to try out for a green belt in tae kwon do and was to portray Michael Jackson this weekend in a play at the Yerwood Center...
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/localnews/ci_11135080

Loafers: Yes, They're Back (Check Out Those 4-Inch Heels)

By Melissa Magsaysay | Los Angeles Times ...Dimes — emergency pay-phone change — replaced pennies in the '50s and '60s. The shoes have endured as a preppy essential, adding a polished look to such outfits as power suits and prep-school uniforms — although there was a slight detour in the '80s, when men wore loafers with lightweight suits and no socks (think Don Johnson in a dove gray suit and bare ankles). And who can forget a one-gloved Michael Jackson wearing penny loafers with skinny flood-water slacks?...

http://www.courant.com/features/style/hc-webloafers.artdec04,0,206183.story

ASTON MAKES IT THROUGH TO X FACTOR SEMI FINAL
[SIZE=-1]Lisburn Ulster Star, UK - 4 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Aston aged 14 as Michael Jackson on Stars in Your Eyes Kids in 2002. Aston, who has been suffering with a throat infection all week after losing his voice ...[/SIZE]

Win 'Kinky Afro Vol 1'
[SIZE=-1]iAfrica.com, South Africa - 40 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]'Kinky Afro Volume One' features smash hits as diverse as Michael Jackson's 'Billy Jean', Dee-Lite's 'Groove Is In The Heart', Level 42's 'Something About [/SIZE]

Hollywood actor-director John Landis visits Whistling Woods ...
[SIZE=-1]Business of Cinema, India - 51 minutes ago
[SIZE=-1]He is mostly known for his influential comedies and his music videos with Michael Jackson; Landis has also done many horror projects. ...[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1989 - Michael Jackson's single "Thriller" was certified Gold and Platinum.

1995 - Michael Jackson appeared with legendary mime Marcel Marceau at New York news conference promoting a Jackson special airing on HBO.

1999 - Michael Jackson's interview with TV Guide was released.

2002 - Michael Jackson appeared in court fifth day concerning Jackson not performing at two millennium concerts planned for December 31, 1999. Jackson was using a crutch and claimed his foot was swolen from a spider bite.

2004 - Police went to Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch and asked him to submit a DNA sample. The sample was requested in connection to the child-molestation case against Jackson. The previous day police had raided the property a second time in search of evidence in the same case.

Uri Geller is so full of it. One minute he's dissing Michael saying he'll never speak to him again, the next he's inviting him to stay at his home, and now he's blaming Michael not talking to him on wanting to start anew. Ha, ha, this guy is in denial big time. Earth to Uri, Michael doesn't want to talk to your ass because you sold him up the river like so many others.

geller should get together with his buddy fiddes. they can cry and moan together lol

4th December 2008
URBAN bad boy Akon is gutted his Michael Jackson collaboration was pulled from his new album Freedom.

The track Hold My Hand was thought to have been ditched due to Jacko’s reluctance to make a comeback and his legal problems.

But the Senegalese-born star blames internet leaks for robbing the world of Jacko’s first new song in seven years. Akon revealed: “Musically we were on the same level and we wanted it to be special.

“We wanted it so that when people got my album, it was something that was never heard. But the leak stopped those plans. We will be doing more things together in the future, though.”

The man behind some of the biggest urban tunes of the decade wasn’t worried about *****, 50, stealing his thunder on his new album. In fact he was rather hoping he would.

Akon, 35, said: “I want them to be able to put focus on Mike. He is the greatest artist ever.

“So long as the focus is on him, people are going to ask him about the song he did with me, so then my name pops up in his interview. It works both ways.”

After much delay, the R&B rhymer’s new album is finally out this week on his own Konvict Muzik label.

And Akon, who allegedly served a three-year jail sentence for grand theft auto, hopes his new direction can help shake his gangsta image.

He said: “The album name is a progression from Trouble and then Konvicted. It represents my progression as an artist too.

“Originally, the album was supposed to be called Acquitted, but I’m at a stage now where we are revamping the whole image. Freedom sounds a lot more positive.

“I wanted people to understand the word Konvict and how it came from an experience that allowed me to change my life for the better.

“Unfortunately, it wasn’t coming across the way I wanted, so I had to make certain choices.

“I am now watching myself and how I behave in public.”

And he’s hoping it will rub off on his fans.

He added: “It’s all about educating them.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/61109/Exclusive-Akon-gutted-as-*****-duet-is-ditched/

AKON - AKON GUTTED AT FAILED JACKSON DUET

R+B singer AKON has denied his collaboration with MICHAEL JACKSON was pulled due to the King of Pop's recent legal problems - insisting their recording sessions were scrapped because of an internet leak.
The Smack That hitmaker teamed up with Jackson on the track Hold My Hand, but the song was pulled at the last minute from Akon's latest album Freedom.
Reports suggested the track was scrapped as a result of Jackson's recent legal case with an Arab sheikh - who settled out of court with the Thriller legend in November (08) over claims Jackson breached a music contract.
But Akon has slammed the rumours - insisting he removed the tune from his new LP after it illegally made its way online.
And despite the urban star's disappointment over the unreleased recording, he is adamant the two will work together again soon.
He tells British newspaper The Daily Star, "Musically we were on the same level and we wanted it to be special. We wanted it so that when people got my album, it was something that was never heard. But the leak stopped those plans. We will be doing more things together in the future, though."

04.12.2008 12:21:57

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/akon gutted at failed jackson duet_1088517

Haha... I knew as soon as I read Uri Geller, I said "lemme look at the responses, tee hee!".

Again, too bad for HMH, but i'm over it. At least those legal problems are just about over, right?

"We've never had a harsh word, and I am still deeply fond of him. But I appreciate he needs to put his past troubles behind him. If that means severing old friendships, I can understand how he feels. I suspect his survival depended on starting afresh."

Why can this fool shut the hell up? He is still on the dead ass "friendship" he "had" with Michael. Uri, it is over, dude. It been over. This is the same clown who had to hyponitized Mike so he can see if he can put MJ around his children. Yeah, so called "friend". Nothing more than a user, clown, fraud, a nobody, a complete psychopath, a manipulator, a fool, a idiot, a evil doer, I mean, I can keep on going.

Alright, I have a comment about the young men playing MJ in the play - I know MJ was no where near light skin when he was 11 years old. So, why are two light skinned boys and a cuban boy playing a young Mike in a play? Can they find brown skinned young boys to play a young Mike? Just asking.

Why is an article on here posted that has that media slave name known as J.acko? Just asking.

Musically we were on the same level

LOL!!! Too funny.

Psychic URI GELLER can understand why pop superstar MICHAEL JACKSON terminated their friendship - putting it down to the singer's need to put his "past troubles behind him."
The performer became a close friend of the Thriller hitmaker throughout the 1990s. But the pair has not spoken since Jackson's 2005 child abuse trial, in which the star was eventually cleared.
And Geller is convinced the superstar needed a fresh start when all his legal troubles were over.
He says, "We've never had a harsh word, and I am still deeply fond of him. But I appreciate he needs to put his past troubles behind him. If that means severing old friendships, I can understand how he feels. I suspect his survival depended on starting afresh."

Man, Uri is so silly, I can't even be mad at him. LOL!

I mean, all of a sudden his "observation" has changed and he is STILL deeply fond of MJ. To me that's a translation for: MJ Please Call Me, I Want Us To Be Friends Again!

ALeqM5jTzH59oVsZWc7mV7ZaQj6zwVHTdQ

Mark Owen doubts Robbie Williams would plan Take That return
Robbie return 'would be a surprise'

1 hour ago
Robbie Williams would probably only perform with Take That as a last-minute surprise, his former bandmate Mark Owen said.
The Circus, their new release, has become the fastest-selling album of the year and the band sold around 600,000 tickets for their 2009 summer tour in under five hours, breaking the record set by Michael Jackson's Bad tour in 1987.
Asked if there was any truth in rumours that Williams might join in with the band, Owen said: "With Rob, it would be an unannounced thing.

source : http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g-4op8mw8kh_GrMbQjzoRuOJwCMQ

Apple - Uri needs to just STFU. LOL. I could care less if he is fond of Mike. He knew what time it was to screw Michael over. Michael will come back (whatever the hell that means) when he is good and ready. I don't wanna read anything about Uri wishing MJ the best. I do not care what he wishes for Mike. All I care about is that one of my wishes came true for Mike: get rid of idiots like Uri Guller.

Akon: 'Michael Jackson Comeback Ruined By Internet Leak'

He reveals details...
  • Thursday, December 04, 2008​
  • Photo by: WENN​
200michaeljacko.jpg

US rapper Akon has revealed that a collaboration with Michael Jackson was dropped from his new album because the song leaked online.

The song, entitled 'Hold My Hand', was praised by fans when it appeared last summer, with many heralding it as Jackson's comeback.

However, when Akon released the tracklisting for his new album, 'Freedom', the song had been omitted.

Speaking to the Daily Star, the rapper said the decision to remove the song was due to the leak and not because Jackson was reluctant for it to be released.

“Musically we were on the same level and we wanted it to be special. We wanted it so that when people got my album, it was something that was never heard. But the leak stopped those plans,” he said.

“We will be doing more things together in the future, though.”

As previously reported on Gigwise, Akon is said to be producing Jackson's as-yet-untitled new studio album.

He told the newspaper that he wanted the ensure that singer's new material to “put focus on Mike”. He added: “He is the greatest artist ever.”

source :http://www.gigwise.com/news/47990/Akon-Michael-Jackson-Comeback-Ruined-By-Internet-Leak

Akon: 'Michael Jackson Comeback Ruined By Internet Leak'

What a stupid misleading title. First of all, that song that MJ did with Akon is not comeback material. Second, Mike does not need some Akon to bring him back. All he needs to do is sing and that is it.

Thursday, 4 December 2008

Boys' joy at playing idol Jackson

_45268505_-9.jpg

Three teenagers who are to play Michael Jackson in the new West End show Thriller Live have spoken of their excitement at portraying their idol.

Layton Williams from Bury, Sterling Williams from London and Kieran Alleyne from Leicester - all aged 13 - will play the pop superstar in rotation.

They appeared at the Lyric Theatre dressed in 1970s clothes and performed Jackson 5 hit I Want You Back.

"It's quite scary that we have to be him as he was so amazing," said Layton.

'Overwhelmed'

Layton, the most experienced performer of the three, was the first black Billy Elliot.

"I'm just going to have to do my best," he added.

"I really like just getting on stage and, when I finish, for the audience to appreciate it and applaud you. It's a really good buzz.

I've always looked up to Michael Jackson. He has always been an idol to me
Thriller Live's Kieran Alleyne

"Working on stage is what I want to do for the rest of my life."

Sterling, who has played Simba in Lion King in the West End, said: "I love singing his [Jackson's] songs, so this is the perfect role for me."

The less-experienced Kieran beat 60 other hopefuls in open auditions to become one of the Michael Jacksons.

"I've always looked up to Michael Jackson. He has always been an idol to me and I've always been trying to follow in his footsteps and to get into a singing career.

"I'm really overwhelmed to be performing in a show which is a tribute to him," he said.

The opening performance of the show, which celebrates Jackson's career and features his hits, will take place on 2 January.

The singer is not involved in the production.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7765587.stm

+++

Trio's joy at landing Jackson roles

4 hours 10 mins ago
Press Assoc.

Three teenage boys have spoken of their joy at playing the role of their idol Michael Jackson in the West End performance of Thriller-Live.

Trio's joy at landing Jackson roles

The boys, all aged 13, will star in the production which celebrates the king of pop's life and features his greatest hits.

Layton Williams, from Wren Drive, Bury, Greater Manchester, Sterling Williams, from Dalton Avenue, Mitcham, south London and Kieran Alleyne, from Glenhills Boulevard, Leicester, rehearsed together at the Lyric Theatre after meeting for the first time on Wednesday.

The three boys, who will play the lead role in rotation, sported afro hairdos and 70s clothing, including large flares and woollen tank tops as they rehearsed the classic Jackson 5 hit I Want You Back.

Layton Williams, the most experienced of the three stars, was the first black Billy Elliot and the second longest-running star in the show's history. He finished working on Billy Elliot on November 30. Layton said that living up to the king of pop will be very challenging. "It's quite scary that we have to be him (Michael Jackson) because he was so amazing. I'm just going to have to do my best," he said.

Layton's early career contrasts that of Kieran Alleyne, a self-confessed "rookie" whose only stage experience was in a school tribute performance.

Kieran won the part after beating 60 other hopefuls at the open auditions. He said: "I've always looked up to Michael Jackson. He has always been an idol to me and I've always been trying to follow in his footsteps and to get into a singing career. I'm really overwhelmed to be performing in a show which is a tribute to him."

The last member of the trio, Sterling Williams, is again no stranger to stage performances, having played Simba in the West End performance of The Lion King.

Wearing a pair of multi-coloured striped flares, he said that after being a child model he decided acting was his destiny. He said: "When I found out I had got this part I was jumping around and hugging my mum. I was so excited and happy. I love singing his (Jackson's) songs, so this is the perfect role for me."

The boys will be directed by award winning choreographer Gary Lloyd, who has worked with a number of stars including Robbie Williams, Tom Jones and Cliff Richard. The opening performance for Thriller-Live is on January 2.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20081204/ten-trio-s-joy-at-landing-jackson-roles-5f8abb3.html

+++

Thriller—Live Casts Three 13-Year-Olds to Share Role of Young Michael Jackson

By Mark Shenton
04 Dec 2008

Following a nationwide search and open-call auditions that were held in the West End on Nov. 23, the producers of Thriller—Live have announced the three 13-year-old boys who have won the role of the young Michael Jackson in the show.

As previously announced, the production will begin performances at the Lyric Theatre Jan. 2, 2009, prior to an official opening Jan. 21. The limited run will play through April 12.

The three boys who will share the role are Layton Williams and Sterling Williams, who have both previously appeared in West End musicals, and Kieran Alleyne, who is making his professional stage debut.

Layton Williams was the first black Billy Elliot and the second longest-running star in the show's history; he just ended his run in the show Nov. 30. He also starred in the recent BBC2 comedy "Beautiful People" by Jonathan Harvey. He lives in Bury, Lancashire.

Sterling Williams has previously played young Simba in The Lion King in the West End but has been in full time education for the past year. He lives in Mitcham in Surrey and attends school in Kingston.

Kieran Alleyne is a newcomer from Leicester, and his only prior stage experience was playing Michael Jackson in a school tribute production, called Thriller. He was discovered through the open audition for Thriller—Live.

The show, which pays tribute to the musical hits and career of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5, has previously enjoyed three U.K. tours as well as engagements in Germany, Holland and Scandinavia.

Billed as a spectacular, high-octane show specially created to celebrate the career of the "world's greatest entertainer and undisputed King of Pop," the show's performance schedule will include two Sunday showings every week at 3 and 7 PM, as well as Tuesday-Saturday evening performances at 8 PM and an additional Saturday matinee at 4 PM.

The West End season is being produced by Paul Walden and Derek Nicol for Flying Music, and Sony BMG Music Entertainment UK in association with Adrian Grant for Key Concerts.

In a press statement, producer Nicol of Flying Music said, "Thriller – Live is an uplifting, feel-good show with incredible choreography and sensational songs that everyone knows and loves — it's just the sort of escapist entertainment people need to take their minds off how tough life is at the moment. Thriller – Live has high production values, a large company on stage and a live band — and it delivers high class entertainment that is suitable for everyone from 8 to 80. It's obvious to us from the recent early closing of West End musicals, cancellation of several planned UK tours, and the number of ticket discounts and promotions, that money is extremely tight and a lot of the current shows are struggling to fill their theatres. We want to make sure that Thriller – Live is in the price bracket of as many people as possible."

Paul Curran of Sony BMG Music Entertainment UK, added, "The show is a celebration of one of the greatest music catalogues in history. We are thrilled to be involved and there are obviously many promotional and marketing opportunities between the show and our catalogue."

Songs that will be heard in the show include "I Want You Back," "I'll Be There," "Show You The Way To Go," "Can You Feel It," "Rock With You," "She's Out Of My Life," "Thriller," "Beat It," "Ben," "ABC," "Man in the Mirror," "Dirty Diana," "Billie Jean" and "Earth Song."

The production was originally conceived and created by executive director Adrian Grant, a long-time associate of Jackson's and author of "Michael Jackson – The Visual Documentary." It is directed and choreographed by Gary Lloyd (who has previously worked with Leona Lewis, Will Young, Gareth Gates, Emma Bunton, Robbie Williams, Pink, Anastacia, Lemar, Rachel Stevens, Kelly Clarkson and Girls Aloud) and features additional choreography by five-time MTV Award-winning LaVelle Smith Jnr. and Kerys Nathan.

To book tickets contact the box office at 0844 412 4661 or visit www.nimaxtheatres.com/thriller.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/123959.html

Akon 'gutted' after losing Jackson duet

160x120_akon_rex.jpg

Akon has admitted to feeling gutted after a collaboration with Michael Jackson was removed from his album.

The R&B star had planned to include the duet 'Hold My Hand' on his new LP Freedom but took it off as Jackson was reluctant to make a comeback.

"Musically we were on the same level and we wanted it to be special," he told the Daily Star.

The singer blamed the decision to remove the track on internet leaks.

"We wanted it so that when people got my album, it was something that was never heard. But the leak stopped those plans," he said.

"We will be doing more things together in the future, though.”

Akon is currenly facing criminal charges after throwing a fan into the crowd at one of his concerts.​

I don't understand Uri at all. Here he wants to play nice and wish Michael the best, when the last time we heard from Uri, he was talking major trash and hateration. This guy flip-flops more than the summer shoes IMO. I don't care which way he goes. But he needs to pick a side, friend or foe, and stick to it. On the other hand, I don't even know that Michael cares anymore regarding him.

grr that uri geller...cant he just get over it already!! lol

i feel so bad for akon & mike, that song is a great song and if it hadnt been leaked out on the net- i belive it may done really well in the charts.

them boys look like they could play a young barack obama rather than mj

look nuthin like him

Man, this Thriller Live thing must be huge in the UK. Maybe they will think about bringing it to the US.

4th December 2008
URBAN bad boy Akon is gutted his Michael Jackson collaboration was pulled from his new album Freedom.

The track Hold My Hand was thought to have been ditched due to *****’s reluctance to make a comeback and his legal problems.

But the Senegalese-born star blames internet leaks for robbing the world of *****’s first new song in seven years. Akon revealed: “Musically we were on the same level and we wanted it to be special.

“We wanted it so that when people got my album, it was something that was never heard. But the leak stopped those plans. We will be doing more things together in the future, though.”

The man behind some of the biggest urban tunes of the decade wasn’t worried about *****, 50, stealing his thunder on his new album. In fact he was rather hoping he would.

Akon, 35, said: “I want them to be able to put focus on Mike. He is the greatest artist ever.

“So long as the focus is on him, people are going to ask him about the song he did with me, so then my name pops up in his interview. It works both ways.”

After much delay, the R&B rhymer’s new album is finally out this week on his own Konvict Muzik label.

And Akon, who allegedly served a three-year jail sentence for grand theft auto, hopes his new direction can help shake his gangsta image.

He said: “The album name is a progression from Trouble and then Konvicted. It represents my progression as an artist too.

“Originally, the album was supposed to be called Acquitted, but I’m at a stage now where we are revamping the whole image. Freedom sounds a lot more positive.

“I wanted people to understand the word Konvict and how it came from an experience that allowed me to change my life for the better.

“Unfortunately, it wasn’t coming across the way I wanted, so I had to make certain choices.

“I am now watching myself and how I behave in public.”

And he’s hoping it will rub off on his fans.

He added: “It’s all about educating them.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/61109/Exclusive-Akon-gutted-as-*****-duet-is-ditched/

AKON - AKON GUTTED AT FAILED JACKSON DUET

R+B singer AKON has denied his collaboration with MICHAEL JACKSON was pulled due to the King of Pop's recent legal problems - insisting their recording sessions were scrapped because of an internet leak.
The Smack That hitmaker teamed up with Jackson on the track Hold My Hand, but the song was pulled at the last minute from Akon's latest album Freedom.
Reports suggested the track was scrapped as a result of Jackson's recent legal case with an Arab sheikh - who settled out of court with the Thriller legend in November (08) over claims Jackson breached a music contract.
But Akon has slammed the rumours - insisting he removed the tune from his new LP after it illegally made its way online.
And despite the urban star's disappointment over the unreleased recording, he is adamant the two will work together again soon.
He tells British newspaper The Daily Star, "Musically we were on the same level and we wanted it to be special. We wanted it so that when people got my album, it was something that was never heard. But the leak stopped those plans. We will be doing more things together in the future, though."

04.12.2008 12:21:57

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/akon%20gutted%20at%20failed%20jackson%20duet_1088517

man..how long can reporters hold envy...they keep calling MJ that five letter word. i can't imagine myself being someone who holds envy for life..tsk tsk..too bad. i have no sympathy for them, tho...

man..too bad Akon thinks that a leak automatically destroys a song. that song could still do well.

anyway...as for Geller...haha..kudos to the poster with the name change...lol..urine geller...lol...

adding his name to the list hoping to get back in the good graces of MJ after having sent him up the river...but for the grace of God.

and good going for thriller live.. ka ching!

which the star was eventually cleared.

What about that eventually?
If you like Uri or what you think about Uri does not matter. Important is was he says about Michael. When he is in public he has only the kindest words for Michael. No, he sounded never as he was / is mad about Michael, not at all.

And about that mentionings...always in time when "someone" who claims he has worked for Michael (or hopes he would someday) releases a new album, we have tons of mentionings of Michaels name...that's the way they promote their new albums. That's how their material is talked about. I'm really not interested in their work, as long there is no reliable confirmation, that they really appear on MJ's new album.

ALeqM5jTzH59oVsZWc7mV7ZaQj6zwVHTdQ

Mark Owen doubts Robbie Williams would plan Take That return

Robbie return 'would be a surprise'

1 hour ago
Robbie Williams would probably only perform with Take That as a last-minute surprise, his former bandmate Mark Owen said.
The Circus, their new release, has become the fastest-selling album of the year and the band sold around 600,000 tickets for their 2009 summer tour in under five hours, breaking the record set by Michael Jackson's Bad tour in 1987.
Asked if there was any truth in rumours that Williams might join in with the band, Owen said: "With Rob, it would be an unannounced thing.​

Well with the internet, which didn't exsist to the general public back in 87. Wait till Michael goes on tour, that'll sell out faster then you can say lickity split.

Nice words from Akon again. His repsect for Michael is great. I don't like him artistically, but I liked HMH and I think him doing another song with Michael would be a fine thing.

Back