Death of Stephen Gately from Boyzone

shels1

Proud Member
One of michael jackson big fans died today Boyzone star sthepen gately in his sleep. rest in peace man One more singer up there making music. my thoughts our with his partner and his family and all you knew him and the fans.

I am not sure if this is in the right place to put this move it to the right place if needed

Re: death of mj fan

Gately about MJ passing :

In fact, no Boyzone concert is complete without a medley, and as part of last year's sellout UK tour, their first for eight years, the boys performed a Michael Jackson tribute. Stephen says he is a huge fan of the late superstar:

"I was really sad to hear of his death," Stephen said. "He's such a big star and I felt sorry for all his family. It was horrible to find out that they had to do another autopsy. I don't know what to believe half the time, there are so many mad stories coming out about it. But I've always been a fan and will stay a true fan.

"I bought a big Michael Jackson poster at an auction last year that was signed by him, Whitney Houston, Usher and lots of other famous artists and I have that proudly placed in my hallway. It had been in my room for a while but I hung it up straightaway when I heard the news because I wanted it to have pride of place.

"I watched his memorial, which was very emotional. He was a great act. I got to meet him about 10 years ago and he was very friendly."

Can't believe this. :( How many more 'celebrities' are going to die this year. It's been the worst year ever. :(

RIP Stephen.

Oh No.
R.I.P. fellow MJ fan. Be at peace and go sing and dance with Mike up there.

I just visited his official website, read that they were going to do a Boyzone come back all together, looks like comebacks are fatal this year, hate it :
(2h52am) Less than 30 minutes ago, Stephen Gately was announced dead.

The cause of death is still unknown.
A close friend said it appeared Stephen died after going out in Majorca, where he was on holiday.
"It looks like he went out for a few drinks, then got back, fell asleep and never woke up," the pal said.

Last week he attended the Pride of Britain Awards and the band were intending on bringing out a new album in 2010.
Ronan Keating, who is in Chicago, has been left devastated.

All four remaining members of Boyzone - Ronan Keating, Keith Duffy, Shane Lynch and Mikey Graham - will be flying to Palma, Majorca tomorrow.
He leaves a partner Andrew Cowles, who he married in a civil union in March, 2006.

He shall be missed

Guys, the end of the world isn't in 2012.. it's in 2009 so far! Damn. This year sucks.

Last edited:

oh wow this is so sad...

:cry: your right Carine this is the worst year ever!

oh wow this is so sad...

:cry: your right Carine this is the worst year ever!

Yes, terrible.. oh and out of subject, but last week in province of Quebec, Canada, we lost one of our biggest icon, Pierre Falardeau, who made many films and was a well-known personality ad was well known for his opinions.

OH MY GOD.. im so devastated! one of my closest friends is totally crazy about Boyzone! i wonder if she knows... she's on vacation right now so she probably dont!! omg. she's going to be so shocked. oh god.. rest in peace fellow mjfan stephen :( you will be missed.
WHAT A YEAR :no:

I was a huge Boyzone fan when I was a kid, and Stephen was my favourite. I actually remember when he met Michael, and being so jealous of him. It was late 90's and I remember how excited he was about it! Good memories.

Such a sad loss, from personal experience he was a lovely lovely bloke, and will be missed by so many. He loved life...it's just so tragic. Rest in peace Stephen.

2009 is the worst year ever.

I was a Boyzone fan when I was nine. Then I became a toyboy rock chick. It was definitely shocking when I saw it on BBC this morning. 33 is no age to die.

Such a shame i never did get into Boyzone but they are a part of my childhood whether i like it or not, R.I.P. Steven you'll be missed

Just found this picture :(

9726_173717036941_538771941_3649334.jpg

Wow... what a year. Really feel for Stephen's family/friends/the rest of Boyzone and of course his fans - we so know what their going through :(. RIP Stephen Gately - perhaps our beloved King of Pop will teach you to moonwalk in heaven.

Last edited:
RIP
Aged 33.. not fair :no:

OH MY! that picture of Mike and Stephen. :cry:

Seriously i feel like something is going on in this world,i found out at about 3ish in the morning on the day it happen on my twitter and i just burst into tears just cant believe it nd everytime it comes on the tv im like huh.....,makes no sense to me...... its just all so wrong truely bless stephen i love him singing ben bless him always love to his family and his husband and friends :boohoo: xoxo

Last edited:
I've been a fan of boyzone since the start of the band. Still can't believe it, just glad I got to see their tour in june. Stephen thanks for the great memories you will missed but never forgotten. My thoughts are with is partner andrew, his family and ro, shane, mikey and keith. R.i.P Stephen

I still hardly can believe that I read about Stephen passing. In fact I googled several times yesterday because I thought this just can't be true, especially not at that age.

First Michael passes away and now Stephen. There are only a few celebrities besides Michael I really care for as a person, not just as a good artist, but Stephen was one of them.

I've met him quite a few times and he was a real lovely person. I loved his musical Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat.

What a sad 2009.

As for those who're interested in Michael Jackson Songs covered by him, here's Ben, which is on the Different Beat album from Boyzone but only Stephen sings the lead parts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lg2grs7xD8

Just found this picture :(

9726_173717036941_538771941_3649334.jpg

Omg, I hadn't seen this for years. Thanks for posting. He was so excited that he met him, I remember him talking about it. He LOVED Michael! Gosh, this is just so sad.

Back