Dangerous Tour - Remember The Time????(what happened)

MJ would have had to lip synch Remember The Time to make it work. 2 much dancing involved for that song....not that it's a bad thing.

Give Into Me would have rocked. MJ in jeans, white tshirt and leather jacket? Put that and Beat It together and it would have kicked ass.

Maybe because the end part of the song was too hard to sing live at every concert

He might not have sung it live though, only a handful of Songs were auctually sung live on the Dangerous Tour. Jam, Billie Jean, J5 Medley, WBSS e.t.c.

It would have been awesome if Remember The Time was included in the set list as others have already posted so many great songs from Dangerous were left out of the Tour.

At the TII DVD Launch in London, i spoke to Kenny Ortega (Who was Director of Dangerous Tour) and asked him this. He said that Michael had too many songs in already and it wouldnt have fitted in. Its a shame :(

Does anyone know if it was rehearsed for This is It (or planned to be rehearsed)? I can't understand why this was never played; this is easily my favorite single of his. In fact it kind of bugs me that the one live performance available of this song is lip-synched and he's sitting in a damn chair. :smilerolleyes: Worst of both worlds.

This would have been really cool to see on the Dangerous Tour. Major bummer only times you see him perform it is during the rehearsals and when he happened to be injured.

Like others have said.. it wouldn't have fitted in right. Amazing song, but didn't really fit into the DWT setlist.

Course it would have fitted in. You can make any song fit into a setlist, there was no great theme to the gig.

If Working Day & Night can fit in then I'm damn sure the second biggest hit from the album the tour was named after can get it.

My main grudge with the Dangerous Tour is that only 4 songs (28%!) from the album was performed.

Jennifer Batten said in an interview that during rehearsals for this song, one of the male dancers had a wardrobe malfunction with his costume, and that is probably one of many reasons why they didn't include it in the Dangerous tour . Such a shame too, especially since RTT was one of my choices for the TII setlist.

Jennifer Batten said in an interview that during rehearsals for this song, one of the male dancers had a wardrobe malfunction with his costume, and that is probably one of many reasons why they didn't include it in the Dangerous tour . Such a shame too, especially since RTT was one of my choices for the TII setlist.

yea i read that a few months back

Course it would have fitted in. You can make any song fit into a setlist, there was no great theme to the gig.

If Working Day & Night can fit in then I'm damn sure the second biggest hit from the album the tour was named after can get it.

My main grudge with the Dangerous Tour is that only 4 songs (28%!) from the album was performed.

you are correct! couldent have said it any better!

Last edited:

I agree with you. I actually would love to see more songs from Dangerous performed. RTT could definitely replace WDAN. GITM and ITC (the whole song) are another two that I so want Michael to perform live. But, I'm so glad that WYBT was performed. It really was one of his most spiritual and beautiful performance.

I understand it must be difficult for Michael and the director to finalize the set list. Michael had too many hits. Given the fact that WBSS, Beat It, Thriller, Bille Jean, Smooth Criminal, Black or White, Heal the World and the J5 Medley are all "must be there", there was not that much room left for other songs. I actually don't mind Thriller being removed, but I'm sure millions of fans will be upset if they don't see Thriller performed at a MJ concert.

I agree with you. I actually would love to see more songs from Dangerous performed. RTT could definitely replace WDAN. GITM and ITC (the whole song) are another two that I so want Michael to perform live. But, I'm so glad that WYBT was performed. It really was one of his most spiritual and beautiful performance.

I understand it must be difficult for Michael and the director to finalize the set list. Michael had too many hits. Given the fact that WBSS, Beat It, Thriller, Bille Jean, Smooth Criminal, Black or White, Heal the World and the J5 Medley are all "must be there", there was not that much room left for other songs. I actually don't mind Thriller being removed, but I'm sure millions of fans will be upset if they don't see Thriller performed at a MJ concert.

Agree. Unfortunately there were some songs he felt always had to stay in the setlist even though he'd done them countless times before, namely the Thriller ones.

It's a shame though as each tour was supposed to promote the accompanying album yet it always felt like a 'Best Of The 80's' gig.

I guess that if for example the HIStory tour was the only time you saw MJ & he didn't do Billie Jean or Thriller you'd feel cheated, but when you'd seen him on all his solo tours you were a bit blasé on repetitive performances especially when it was virtually exactly the same routines with the same vocal.

Maybe Remember the Time was avoided because Michael didn't want to end up getting hurt like he did when he performed it sitting down after spraining his ankle. Who knows? Maybe because he was already worn out after such a long night of being in front of millions of fans.....WHOA! We wouldn't want to wear him out, would we?

Back