Dangerous Tour - Remember The Time????(what happened)

Marvel168

Proud Member
I've heard that remember the time was supposed to be part of the dangerous tour. How come it did not appear? Do you guys have any clue?

Last edited:
He did do rehearsals for it. But I think it just didn't fit in with the vibe of the show he wanted to do.

You can see the version he was supposed to do on The Dangerous Tour rehearsals. I saw it for the first time last month. It would have been great.

The funny thing is about the Dangerous Tour is that he didn't do many songs from Dangerous.

In fact he only did 4 from the 14 tracks on offer (BoW, WYBT, HTW, Jam). So many classic left out. Imagine Who Is It of GITM live.....

Maybe because the end part of the song was too hard to sing live at every concert

I think “Remember the Time” needs lots of preparations which would take time to accomplish during the concert, because the song follows a certain theme (Ancient Egyptian) and I believe it shouldn’t be changed for the tour, so to get the dancers all dressed up for it along with Michael and would not be possible for a non-stop performance. Also I remember Michael did a live performance of this song in an awards show (Soul train awards) but he was sitting in a chair due to an injury he suffered in rehearsals so that also probably another reason is that it is more risky to dance for this song or perhaps he was avoiding another bad luck who knows.

I don't think he would have had to dress as an egyptian, not necessarily at least. It would have been great.

The funny thing is about the Dangerous Tour is that he didn't do many songs from Dangerous.

In fact he only did 4 from the 14 tracks on offer (BoW, WYBT, HTW, Jam). So many classic left out. Imagine Who Is It of GITM live.....

I never noticed that before, but it's a shame really, Who is it and Dangerous could have replaced Human Nature and Working Day and Night IMO.

Speaking of adding songs onto setlists i really wish that MJ would have carried on putting Another Part Of Me into his tours after the BAD tour cause that's a great song live

AW: Re: Dangerous Tour - Remember The Time????(what happened)

I never noticed that before, but it's a shame really, Who is it and Dangerous could have replaced Human Nature and Working Day and Night IMO.
He did Dangerous on the '93 leg!

And he didn't get hurt during rehearsals for RTT! He did get hurt sometimes before the Soul Train Awards, so he did the performance sitting down!

Re: AW: Re: Dangerous Tour - Remember The Time????(what happened)

And he didn't get hurt during rehearsals for RTT! He did get hurt sometimes before the Soul Train Awards, so he did the performance sitting down!
Oh I see, thanks

the REAL reason is because....well i was 2 @ the time but anywayz michael called me and asked me if he shud throw it n the setlist, i was like ummmm only if i can participate (my vocab was tremendous 4 a 2 yr old) but i had preschool and i cudnt participate so he cudnt do it. thas why it didnt go in the setlist lol

It would of been great to hear..but I love all the songs that he did perform so it'd be hard for me to choose one for him to remove. :mellow: :lol:

I cant say im mad at Michael (cuz i never am!) but i was upset RTT wasnt in the tour...cuz this is MY ALL-TIME FAVORTIE SONG BY ANY ARTIST ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

It wud've been great in all, the performance 4rm rehearsals was amazing, but i really cant imagine it during the setlist..where wud it go...after will u be there?

I loved the rehearsal footage of this performance. I really think it would have been great if he had included it in the actual show.

Just found the Dangerous rehearsal footage for RTT and went searching for an answer to why Michael didn't perform on tour. After reading the responses, I don't think anyone really knows the answer, yes?

Anyways, for those that haven't seen it. Enjoy!

Remember The Time (Dangerous Tour - Rehearsal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzCYH7Th6A

Come to think of it, I'm not really sure where in the setlist the song could've gone. All of the Dangerous songs at the end (Will You Be There, Black or White, Heal the World) had introductions, and so would've Remember the Time (based on the rehearsal video). Maybe Michael just felt it would've bogged down the end of the show, and really, where else could he have put the song? I think it would've been out of place anywhere else.

I would have given half my pinky to see Give In To Me live!!! :punk:

Back