Dangerous Tour Bucharest in cinemas

It is awesome, and amazing feeling. You find yourself a bit strange at the beginning, but then if you forget about everything around you, and look at that big screen in front of you, you feel like you are there at a real concert. I did enjoy it as a real concert, singing, clapping after each song or when Mike did the most amazing dance moves. Like for example at the Smooth Criminal, or when he moonwalked, the crowd burst into screams. I wish they do this more often, it was one of the most amazing feelings I've ever felt.

you can see what was there here. It was as if Michael was there...Believe me that the screams you'll hear were from the crowd mainly, not only from the DVD.Also near the end, when Michael does those voice sounds expecting the crowd to do the same after him, we were doing it. It was amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TFnFf2h_8

The problem with showing the Bucharest concert in cinemas is that the sound is terrible. And they have edited in the noise from the crowd. It blends in with the music and takes away the experience of the actual music, the concert.

If they want to show concerts in cinemas, they should use footage wich are high quality and re-edit sound to fit the cinema surround format. A lot of bands who do concert and unplugged DVD's have their performance edited for advanced sound systems.

Some home sound systems have very high definition technology and many use huge screens to watch this. But if the DVd sound is not edited properly, the sound system will not be able to give you the feel of a live concert as it really is.

When you hear Michael's music live and when you see him perform on old videos you never get to experience what it sounded like on the actual concert.

That is a shame because todays technology allows us to experience the concert/performances as they were when it happened.

I'll give you one example. U2 did a tour in 2001 (don't rememner the name) and released a DVD with high definition sound. I saw that DVD on a surround home system with a big screen and it was amazing. I felt and heard the music as it was when it was played live and the surround effect made me believe I was in the crowd watching and listening as they were. It becamse something else then just watching a video on youtube.

Michael's concerts have always had the best sound in them and there is no problem in editing it to fit todays home systems, and even todays systems in cinemas.

History Tour probably has the best sound quality from the concerts, so making a high definition DVD out of that should not be difficult.

But the Bucharest DVD is so gobbled up with noise that is not supposed to be there it takes away the live feeling. It feels more like a 2 hour long music video, with the crowd going crazy and you hearing that as well as the music. That is not how it is when seeing MJ live. You hear the crowd but they never outdo the power of the sound from the stage.

When seeing MJ live, your body is pulled into this sound universe that simply just rips apart the fabrics of space and time. It is so powerful you can not do anything but listen.

That is what I want people to experience when they see a MJ concert.

History Tour Gothenburg probably has the best recorded sound, and when I show concerts to people who have not seen MJ live, I use that concert and I turn the volume and bass way up. The Bucharest DVD is nowhere near that. If I turn it to much up, the crowd noise takes away the feeling of the concert.

I think you're right, I'm sure everyone would like to see higher quality footage but as we all know, to date nothing of the sort has been released. Yes the footage was poorly edited in places, the sound wasn't crisp enough, the image resolution not great, but at the same time it was brilliant. It was more the fact that many people came together to watch it and to remember Michael - this is what made it special. I've seen enough live Jackson performances and other live performances in my time to know nothing compares to being there. However it is a great night and I would urge anyone who lives in a town/city with local or independant cinemas to speak with them and try and organise an MJ night.

It is awesome, and amazing feeling. You find yourself a bit strange at the beginning, but then if you forget about everything around you, and look at that big screen in front of you, you feel like you are there at a real concert. I did enjoy it as a real concert, singing, clapping after each song or when Mike did the most amazing dance moves. Like for example at the Smooth Criminal, or when he moonwalked, the crowd burst into screams. I wish they do this more often, it was one of the most amazing feelings I've ever felt.

you can see what was there here. It was as if Michael was there...Believe me that the screams you'll hear were from the crowd mainly, not only from the DVD.Also near the end, when Michael does those voice sounds expecting the crowd to do the same after him, we were doing it. It was amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TFnFf2h_8

ahhh, very nice avatar! :D

omg imagine watching "jam" and "smooth criminal" on theater screen and sound system. omg! i hate america

I wish they would do that here.. I"m gonna search and see maybe one of the independent theaters will do something... some of them showed the memorial.

I wish they would do that here in australia melb

I know on the 27th of June they were showing Moonwalker for few days in London.

No Fair! You know the US would never do such a thing. It wouldn't bring in as many crowds as we'd hope it to bring.

But man I can only wish for something like that to happen here.

I think privately owned theaters here can do something like that, if you get a hold of the owners.

pg13, your signature.... I'm melting :cry:

I wish to have here another event like the one on the stadium on July 5. They should do it more often...It's amazing

Hey i'm new. This all sounds class, i have a projector and surround sound which i watched it on a couple of weeks ag. It was class but i'd love to watch it with a crowd in the cinema.

Back