Daily Weekend News Dec 11 - 13 Man in the Mirror last song at Nobel Peace Prize concert tonight!

I love the way they performed this song. I think it was definitely Michael's moment there with everyone on stage and in the audience remembering him through this song, even though officially it was not announced as a tribute.

I swear, its the simplest of things that just tugs at your emotions and this video performance did just that! Man In The Mirror and Will You Be There are two songs that just is so hard for me to listen to without erupting in tears.

My God, I just miss Michael more and more.....:(

Just got home from the Nobel Peace Prize Award show! At the very end, Will and Jada's Smith kids came on stage and sang Man in the Mirror, (his son did the MJ moves as well) followed by the rest of the artists that were there.

Needless to say, to hear Man in the Mirror being played at this setting, The Nobel Peace Prize, was an incredible, but yet bittersweet experience.

I am happy I was there.

Wyclef Jean and Donna Summer totally rocked the show too!!

Peace and L.O.V.E to everyone!!

(news coming soon)

Yeah Peace and L.O.V.E, the world needs that

Man in the Mirror - Nobel Peace Prize Concert (Noruega,11.12.09)

&nbsp
&nbsp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mutvrpsEbuE
Thank you :)
George Michael believes Michael Jackson's stardom corroded his musical potential.
http://www.newkerala.com/news/fullnews-9961.html

Can't stand this article,George Michael's comment is lame :\
Ummmm, is this the one from Arrested Development??? nah... just kidding, why can he just shut up, well he's george michael :bugeyed.... i mean :smilerolleyes:

oh here is a contribution, Nick Cave explains why he didnt pay tribute to Michael, is quite true what he saysin one part but he's just stupid...

Nick Cave Explains Michael Jackson Snub

NICK CAVE has explained his refusal to pay tribute to MICHAEL JACKSON at a gig shortly after the superstar's death - insisting the King of Pop was so talented he made all other musicians look like 'amateurs'.Cave took to the stage at Britain's legendary Glastonbury music festival just three days after the Thriller hitmaker passed away suddenly on 25 June (09).

Many artists spent the festival weekend preparing tributes to the late singer, but Cave stunned the audience by completely ignoring Jackson's death when he took to the stage - instead dedicating his set to actress Farrah Fawcett, who died the same day.

Cave is adamant he didn't mean to snub Jackson - he simply found it difficult to express his feelings at the loss of such an iconic performer.

He tells Britain's Q magazine, 'I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan. But as a performer he was a problem for all of us, and in all due respect it's good he's gone because he made us all feel like we had lead in out boots. Something about him made everyone else look like amateurs. But I felt sad for Farrah Fawcett dying in the same week.'

--IANS-WENN
http://www.newkerala.com/news/fullnews-9381.html

No mean to disrrespect Farrah Fawcet, but i had no idea who she was until the day she died, but thats just me, rip Farrah too, its all for L.O.V.E

I know they didnt annouce it as a tribute to MJ, but if you listen to what Will says right before: we have to pay tribute to all the peacemakers.... If that dont include MJ, i dont know who it includes.... They have never chosen this song before as a closing song to the Nobel consert, so i belive they did it this year as a tribute to the ONE GRATEST PEACE FIGHTER OF THEM ALL!!!!! LONG LIVE THE KING!!!!

It's always hard to see this kind of things happening. People gathering together using MJ's songs as athems of peace is so touching and so hard for many of us. I am not 100% sure if they meant this a tribute for MJ... maybe they didn't. Otherwise, they could have say his name at least. Would have that been "politically incorrect"?

Whatever... I don't care, I just love to see his music is finally being recognize in its full importance, for Michael made his songs for this. In times when everyboyd is asking for CHANGES, it's wonderful to hear a song asking for US to make our own changes first, not the others.

Thanks for posting the link.... Geeeezz.... I am sick of crying for every single thing about MJ this days. I wish I could stop :cry:

funny-pictures-cat-is-excited-for-caturday.jpg

MICHAEL JACKSON TO GET LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT GRAMMY
12th December 2009
Michael Jackson posthumously leads the Recording Academy's newly announced list of Lifetime Achievement Award recipients.
Michael Jackson is being honored for his career achievements. He received 13 Grammy Awards during his career, including eight in his "Thriller" sweep of 1984.
Other new Lifetime Achievement honorees include Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen, pop vocalist Bobby Darin, Mississippi blues singer-guitarist David "Honeyboy" Edwards, country star Loretta Lynn, composer-conductor Andre Previn and trumpeter-flugelhorn player Clark Terry.
Non-performers graced with the academy's Trustees Award this year include Nashville producer and studio operator Harold Bradley, Scepter Records founder Florence Greenberg and former Grammys telecast director Walter C. Miller.
Technical Grammy honorees are inventor Thomas Alva Edison and equipment maker AKG.
All the Recording Academy special merit award recipients will be feted at an invitation-only ceremony during Grammy Week in January, and acknowledged during the Grammys broadcast from Staples Center in L.A. on January 31, 2009.
Source: Variety

-----------------------------------------
MICHAEL JACKSON OPUS DELIVERY UPDATE
11th December 2009
For those fans who have ordered The Official Michael Jackson Opus, Opus Media Group has provided a delivery update.
Following the hugely successful launch of The Official Michael Jackson Opus in Los Angeles earlier this week, inclement weather conditions and customs intervention have caused us to adjust our shipping schedule slightly for the Opus. Below is the updated Opus shipping schedule:
For Opus orders placed before December 1:
Rest assured that your Opus will be delivered well before Christmas and, in the majority of cases, by December 18 2009. To help you better track your package, once your order is fulfilled, you will be sent a shipping email and tracking code from Fedex, either later today or early next week.
For Opus orders placed December 2 and after:
Opus Media Group will make every effort possible to ensure these are also delivered before Christmas, but we can only guarantee delivery before Christmas for orders placed before December 1. To help you better track your package, once your order is fulfilled, you will also be sent a shipping email and tracking code from Fedex.
If you did not receive an e-mail from Opus Media Group regarding your order, contact customercare@michaeljacksonopus.com
It is still not too late for you to purchase The Official Michael Jackson Opus.
Click on the link below to order your copy now:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/a0a25;www.krakenopus.com/family/michaeljackson/
Source: Opus Media Group
--------------------------------------------
BILLBOARD 2009 YEAR END CHARTS
11th December 2009
Michael Jackson was the King of Billboard's 2009 Year End Charts. Michael was ranked on multiple charts for his catalog albums and his new release 'This Is It.' Michael Jackson's chart rankings are listed below.
• Billboard 200 Albums – ‘This Is It’ - # 43
• Billboard 200 Artists – Michael Jackson - #32
• Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums – ‘This Is It’ - #47
• Hot Digital Songs Artists – Michael Jackson - #6
• Hot Ringtone Artists – Michael Jackson - #10
• Top Digital Album Artists – Michael Jackson - #1
• Top Digital Albums – ‘The Essential Michael Jackson’ - #11
• Top Pop Catalog Artists – Michael Jackson - # 1
• Top Pop Catalog Albums – ‘Number Ones’ - #1
• Top Pop Catalog Albums – ‘Thriller’ - #2
• Top Pop Catalog Albums – ‘The Essential Michael Jackson’ - # 3
• Top Pop Catalog Albums – ‘Off the Wall’ - # 5
• Top Pop Catalog Albums – ‘Bad’ - #6
• Top Pop Catalog Albums – ‘Dangerous’ - #11
• Top Pop Catalog Albums – ‘The Ultimate Collection’ (Jackson 5) - #18
• Top Pop Catalog Albums – ‘The Best of the Jackson 5’ - #35
• Top Pop Catalog Albums – ‘Greatest Hits: History Volume 1’ - #39
• European Top Albums – ‘King of Pop’ - #10
• European Top Albums – ‘The Essential Michael Jackson’ - #31
• European Top Albums – ‘The Collection’ - #34
• European Top Albums – ‘This Is It’ - #47
• European Top Albums – ‘Thriller’ #55
• European Top Albums – ‘Number Ones’ - #77
• Top Canadian Albums - ‘This Is It’ - # 30
Source: Billboard

Nick Cave Explains Michael Jackson Snub

NICK CAVE has explained his refusal to pay tribute to MICHAEL JACKSON at a gig shortly after the superstar's death - insisting the King of Pop was so talented he made all other musicians look like 'amateurs'.Cave took to the stage at Britain's legendary Glastonbury music festival just three days after the Thriller hitmaker passed away suddenly on 25 June (09).

Many artists spent the festival weekend preparing tributes to the late singer, but Cave stunned the audience by completely ignoring Jackson's death when he took to the stage - instead dedicating his set to actress Farrah Fawcett, who died the same day.

Cave is adamant he didn't mean to snub Jackson - he simply found it difficult to express his feelings at the loss of such an iconic performer.

He tells Britain's Q magazine, 'I'm a huge Michael Jackson fan. But as a performer he was a problem for all of us, and in all due respect it's good he's gone because he made us all feel like we had lead in out boots. Something about him made everyone else look like amateurs. But I felt sad for Farrah Fawcett dying in the same week.'

--IANS-WENN
http://www.newkerala.com/news/fullnews-9381.html

No mean to disrrespect Farrah Fawcet, but i had no idea who she was until the day she died, but thats just me, rip Farrah too, its all for L.O.V.E

I am sorry, but his ^^ reasoning makes no sense at all. Who is Nick Cave anyway?

I think Akon said it best in his song 'Cry out of Joy':

"In this lifetime I wanna thank you, you motivated the whole world to deliver."

Michael motivated others to up their game and try harder. This Nick Cave person sounds like he's not up for the challenge.

Who's nickcave? that idiot can go to hell anyway. It's like gwen stafani who totally ignored MJ as if he's transparent and then gave a stupid excuse the next day saying she's nervous. 'Oh I ignored him because I love him so much and I'm too nervous to see that he's not transparent' They better shut up after ignoring him than giving this lame excuse after. I'm sure nickcave snubbed MJ because he thought lowly of MJ who would soon be forgotten quickly and that it's perfectly fine to go with his heart until he realized everyone is honouring MJ and feel his impact caused all over. He has no choice but to give that stupid excuse to make himself feel better. A late bandwagon jumper.

No,you should read this

http://www.newkerala.com/news/fullnews-9961.html
London, December 12 : George Michael believes Michael Jackson's stardom corroded his musical potential.

The former 'Wham!' member thinks that the King of Pop's death was surreal in nature.

'(Jackson's death) was sad and a bit surreal, too. Jackson's influence on the industry was massive and he made some incredible albums, especially in the '80s,' the Daily Express quoted him as saying.

He added: 'But I do feel there was some lost potential there. Maybe that level of celebrity simply puts a stop to any musical brilliance.'

Jackson's 1982 album 'Thriller' had sold more than 100 million copies, but his last studio album, Invincible, had sold just over 10 million copies after its release in 2001.
--ANI

The press surely loves to compare Thriller with anything else.

no, did you really watch the interview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3yxqpFY8YM

he said that MJ one of the greatest entertainers of all time, and that he grew up on his music and still has all of his stuff on his iPod

Hmm... maybe i watched a different interview, but I mean, our points are still the same. He didn't say he didn't like Michael's music.
I just remember hearing him say that he had his music on his Ipod. So if he really didn't like his music then he wouldn't have it on his Ipod. My answer was to someone who said she/he heard that he didn't even like Micahel's music I think...

And Nick Cave is?????

And how can someone say MJ's death represents some kind of good?????......stupid comment!

MJ TV ALERT
13th December 2009
THE JACKSONS – A FAMILY DYNASTY
The stars of “The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty” are Jermaine, Marlon, Jackie and Tito Jackson who want to show the world “the real Jackson family.” In fact, the point of the 6-episode series is to dispel myths about the iconic family.
According to A&E,
“Behind the headlines lies a captivating family, whose lives have been unwillingly played out before cameras for decades. After 40 years in the business together, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine & Marlon have sold more than 250 million albums worldwide. Now, the brothers allow unprecedented access into their world as they record new material and rehearse for a concert celebrating the 40th anniversary of The Jackson Five."
Starts 13th December 2009 with two episodes on A & E at:-
Sunday 6 PM Pacific / 9 PM Eastern / 02:00 UK / 03:00 CET / 1 PM Sydney
For fans outside of the USA (and those without cable or satellite) who would like to see these shows online, live stream will be available on http://www.facebook.com/l/51bbf;www.ustream.tv/
Click on the link below for more information about the programme and the rest of the schedule:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/51bbf;www.aetv.com/the-jacksons-a-family-dynasty/

MOVE LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON
A nationwide search to find Britain's 16 most talented dance acts who will battle it out to perform at Michael Jackson's memorial event. As the auditions begin, choreographer Lavelle Smith Jr and casting agent Mark Summers select the very best for a place in the studio semi-finals, where Jermaine Jackson and Jamelia will take on judging duties. Hosted by Reggie Yates
Starts Monday 14th December 2009 with two episodes on BBC3 (UK) at 8:30pm
Click on the link below for more information about the programme and the rest of the series schedule:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/51bbf;www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00p719p
Source: A & E / BBC 3
---------------------------------------------------
BILLBOARD DECADE END CHARTS INCLUDE MJ
11th December 2009
As 2009 is rapidly coming to an end, Billboard has published its Decade End Charts. These rankings include everything from 2000-2009. Michael Jackson was ranked on several charts, including:
• Top Catalog Album Artists – Michael Jackson - #1
• Top Catalog Albums – ‘Number Ones’ - #10
• Top Catalog Albums – ‘Thriller’ - #14
• Top Catalog Albums – ‘The Essential Michael Jackson’ - #48
• Digital Songs Artists – Michael Jackson - #26
• Digital Album Artists – Michael Jackson - #2
Source: Billboard
----------------------------------------------------------
JACKSON BROTHERS SPEAK TO LARRY KING
9th December 2009
On December 8, 2009 Jermaine, Jackie, Marlon and Tito Jackson sat down with Larry King for an interview. They spoke on a variety of topics including the loss of their brother Michael and their new real life series The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty.
Click on the link below to view a clip from the one hour interview:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/51bbf;www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/12/08/lkl.jackson.five.cnn
Source: CNN

Back