Daily News - August 5, 2009 Alot of stuff posted. Come and read it won't ya

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Court filings detail Michael Jackson film:ph34r:

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY (AP) –

LOS ANGELES — Coming soon to a theater near you (if a judge agrees): a full-length motion picture filled with footage of Michael Jackson's last rehearsals.

The movie would come with all the elements of a major studio release: product tie-ins, merchandising and even a director's cut and special editions.

But that's only if a Los Angeles probate judge approves the deal by Monday. The judge has scheduled a hearing for Monday to see if Jackson's mother, Katherine, has any objections.

A redacted agreement filed on Friday and released on Tuesday details the film project. The agreement is between concert promoter AEG Live, one of Jackson's companies, Columbia Pictures and others.

It was part of more than 500 pages of documents related to Jackson's estate case filed since Friday that were made publicly available on Tuesday.

Last month, AEG President and CEO Randy Phillips revealed that the company had more than 100 hours of footage of preparations for Jackson's series of 50 comeback concerts scheduled for London's O2 Arena.

He predicted the deal could generate much-needed money for Jackson's debt-ridden estate. The proposed contract offers a glimpse at the possible film. Some of the footage that could be used would be clips meant to be broadcast during Jackson's shows.

"If we all do our jobs right, we could probably raise hundreds of millions of dollars just on the stuff we have worldwide and then the estate could eradicate its debt," Phillips said in early July.

The contract states Columbia Pictures paid $60 million for rights to the project.

The deal was negotiated by two men who are administering Jackson's estate, longtime attorney John McClain and music executive and Jackson family friend John McClain.

It calls for Jackson's company to receive 90 percent of the film's profits, with the remainder going to AEG Live. Jackson's stake would move into a private trust the singer ordered established, of which his mother and three children are slated to receive a combined 80 percent share. The remainder is designated for unspecified charities.

The contract notes that Branca and McClain may produce one or more tribute concerts to the King of Pop, and sets out terms so that its broadcast doesn't conflict with the film. The contract doesn't state which network, if any, has been selected to air the tribute. A possible date for the concert's airing has been redacted.

If its creation is approved, the movie will have to meet the standards for a PG rating and not run any longer than 150 minutes, the contract states.
It also states that the movie can't include any footage that is considered to paint Jackson in a bad light. The contract also allows Columbia to work with companies on promotional tie-ins for the films, but even that has limits. Prohibited tie-in products include "alcohol, cleaning products, firearms, gambling, personal hygiene products, pharmaceuticals," as well as those with religious, political or tobacco ties.

Jackson's company would be also be able to block the creation of a new product marketing the film — the example of a "happy meal toy" is given — according to the contract.

The deadline for the judge's approval isn't the only tight timeline the project faces. According to the contract, Columbia must screen the movie for Jackson's representatives no later than Oct. 2

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h761FDvBOwcXie9NR_ppzHuNvqfwD99SG8880

Funds, banks seek stake in Jackson's music

Business Report - Adam Satariano -
Michael Jackson, the Grateful Dead and The Sound of Music are finding new fans in pension funds, private equity and banks, ...

*****************************************​

Michael Jackson loss major blow :angel:

The loss of Michael Jackson is definitely a major blow. We must realize that he was without any doubt a genius that is why he was titled the King of Pop. Yeah, there was some things that made us all scratch our heads and wonder if he was dealing with a full deck. After the smoke clears, we see more than ever that Michael Jackson never molested any kids,—it’s all about money and surely he was a big kid at heart and he just acted it out in any way he could. With all the lies, people will do whatever they can to get a buck and it is sad. Money will have people doing some crazy things.​

The King of Pop will surely be missed. Like Mike said, ‘Gone too soon!”
— Trevon Johnson

http://www.frostillustrated.com/full.php?sid=6185

:wub: ************************ :wub:

Michael-Jackson-dance.jpg

Today in
Michael Jackson History

1979 - Michael Jackson's first studio album, "Off The Wall," was released. The album brought four top ten hits.

1992 - Michael Jackson collapsed three times during a concert in Wales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Daily News - August 5, 2009

Wow, this sounds amazing. It appears to me that Branca and nem are being really careful to protect Michael's image. Reading this, is appears these guys are sure to make a ton of money for Michael's children and mother. I like the fact that the estate gets a whopping 90% of the profits from this movie. AEG gets 10%. Fair enough to me.

Michael will be on top of Forbes list next year.

It's great that it's in writing that the estate gets 90%.. I am loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for them to say MJ's estate is debt free, then his haters will have one less things to say

If its creation is approved, the movie will have to meet the standards for a PG rating and not run any longer than 150 minutes, the contract states.
It also states that the movie can't include any footage that is considered to paint Jackson in a bad light. The contract also allows Columbia to work with companies on promotional tie-ins for the films, but even that has limits. Prohibited tie-in products include "alcohol, cleaning products, firearms, gambling, personal hygiene products, pharmaceuticals," as well as those with religious, political or tobacco ties.

Jackson's company would be also be able to block the creation of a new product marketing the film — the example of a "happy meal toy" is given — according to the contract.

I'm loving the restrictions they're putting in to protect Mike's image.
Hopefully they will start to take action about some of the terrible articles and programs that are made by the media.

I hope judge approves it,the deal seems fair to me.

I'm loving the restrictions they're putting in to protect Mike's image.
Hopefully they will start to take action about some of the terrible articles and programs that are made by the media.
I would love it too..in fact, all MJ fans would love if they take action against the media articles and tv programs.

Michael Jackson Inside a Diamond, Forever

NEWARK, CA -- In memory of "The King of Pop", Gemory LLC is pleased to announce limited edition's diamonds with an injected photograph of Michael Jackson.

Using a proprietary nanotechnology called DiamondPure, Gemory permanently injects the high-resolution photo inside the diamond while preserving the diamond's original clarity, brilliance and beauty. Since the nano-photograph is inside the diamond, it will last forever as it is now part of the gemstone. Although nanoscopic and invisible to the naked eye, the nano-photo can be viewed at home and at any time using GemmaView, Gemory's proprietary portable viewing device.

The diamonds come in two sizes, 0.15 and 1.0 carat, and are currently available on eBay.

Gemory will make only 10 diamonds for each size. Priced at $850 and $4900 respectively, they are sure to be a unique memorabilia for fans and jewelry lovers alike. A legend is forever.

http://www.pressrelease365.com/pr/a...hael-jackson-diamond-memorabilia-fan-3593.htm

Re: Michael Jackson Inside a Diamond, Forever

o just 850$-4900$? just gonna skip my kfc lunch and i should be able to get one, fsho.

this is a seriously lol idea, though. they're getting creative, i like it. a lot.

I would wanna see a pic of the diamond where you can see the pic inside it.

When I read the title, I thought they meant something really special like putting a lock of Mike's hair in the diamond or whatever.

This isn't memorabilia for fans. :lol: Yeesh, it's for a handful of rich folks.

Is it only me that thinks that this is.. weird?

Nope.
Although I think it's more... just kinda... pointless....
Why not get a locket with a photo... that you can see without a special device?

Nope.
Although I think it's more... just kinda... pointless....
Why not get a locket with a photo... that you can see without a special device?

lol yeah...and you can open and see it anytime...anywhere you want
hahaha....

of course i dont think they should try to purposefully make michael look bad, and i might get a slap or two for saying this, but it seems a little fishy to me, as if they have something in this footage to censor...not that i think michael should be remembered for the rumored drug use or anything like that, but i dont know, it just makes me think that they have something to hide by the way that article was worded

Moon Crater To Be Designated In Memoriam Of Legendary Entertainer Michael Jackson

medialuna_logo550.gif

http://www.lunarrepublic.com/mj/
New York (6 July 2009 LT) — The Lunar Republic Society has announced that a crater on Earth's Moon will be renamed "Michael Joseph Jackson" in honor of the celebrated entertainer, who passed away on June 25, 2009.

The crater, previously designated as Posidonius J, is located in the Moon's Lake of Dreams (Lacus Somniorum). It measures approximately 22 kilometers (about 13.5 miles) in diameter, and is located adjacent to a 1,200-acre parcel owned by Michael Jackson in the Lake of Dreams.

The decision to designate the crater in Jackson's honor came following a special session of the Lunar Republic Society's governing board on Monday morning. The designation proposal had been widely suggested during the week by fans and fellow landowners following Mr. Jackson's untimely and unfortunate passing last month.

Mr. Jackson (1958-2009) was among the largest private owners of Lunar property claims. In addition to his significant parcel in the Lake Of Dreams, which he obtained in 2005, he also owned a smaller property in the Sea Of Vapours (Mare Vaporum).
girldance.gif

The crater shall be officially designated as "Michael Joseph Jackson" in order to differentiate it from the existing "Jackson," a 71-kilometer crater on the Lunar farside named for the renowned Scottish astronomer John Jackson (1887-1958).:clapping:

Michael Jackson used the Moon and its symbology often in his life, from his trademark "moonwalk" dance move to the official seal of his beloved Neverland Ranch. "Moonwalk" was also the title of his best-selling 1988 autobiography, while "Moonwalker" was the title of a popular compilation of his greatest music video performances. He also recorded a song, "Scared Of The Moon," which has not been released commercially as of this date.

Mr. Jackson claimed that he had once witnessed a UFO during a plane flight. His interest in outer space, extraterrestrials, and his plan to someday actually perform the "moonwalk" dance move on the Moon were detailed in Michael C. Luckman's "Alien Rock: The Rock 'n' Roll Extraterrestrial Connection," published by Pocket Books and VH1, which devoted an entire chapter to Mr. Jackson.

Crater Michael Joseph Jackson is part of the Posidonius crater group, named for Posidonius of Apameia, a Greek Stoic philosopher, politician, astronomer, geographer, historian and teacher native to Apamea, Syria. Michael Joseph Jackson is the largest of the so-called "satellite craters" in the group, which numbers twelve in total, ranging in size from two to fifteen kilometers in diameter.

Under the naming system of Félix Chemla Lamèch, Posidonius J was once also known as Héllène. The designation to honor Michael Jackson becomes effective immediately.

The official designation of a Lunar crater is a singular honor bestowed upon only a select few luminaries. Among those receiving this rare tribute over the past century are Leonardo da Vinci, Christopher Columbus, Sir Isaac Newton, Julius Caesar and Jules Verne.

UPDATE: In response to numerous inquiries, it should be noted that craters Michael Jackson, Posidonius and the other larger craters in the Posidonius group may generally be viewed from Earth using a typical home telescope under standard observational conditions.

The Lunar Republic Society is the world's largest and most prominent group advocating privatized exploration, settlement and development of Earth's Moon. The centerpiece of the Society's effort is a ten-year, US$3.8-million program to return humans to the Moon and establish permanent bases there.

The Society has also developed the most successful commercially-available lunar photomap software ever released to the public, the Full Moon Atlas (http://www.fullmoonatlas.com), and successfully advocated the removal of a crater named for an accused Nazi war criminal, Dr. Hans Eppinger, Jr., by the International Astronomical Union.

The Society was the prime mover behind the proposal to designate a group of Lunar craters as a memorial to the seven crew members who perished in the 2003 Space Shuttle Columbia (STS-107) tragedy. (See http://www.lunarrepublic.com/news/columbia_region.shtml)

The Lunar Republic Society is a registered International Business Company (IBC #519589) currently authorized to operate in more than 200 nations around the world, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France, China, Japan and India, as well as all other nations in Europe, Asia and the Americas.

The Society's main operations hubs are in Hong Kong and on the Isle of Man (U.K.). It maintains a satellite office in Manhattan for business operations in the Americas.

Posidonius_Group.png

INFORMATION SUMMARY:
Name: Crater Michael Joseph Jackson (Posidonius J)
Crater Diameter: 22.0 kilometers
Crater Depth: 650 meters

Re: Moon Crater To Be Designated In Memoriam Of Legendary Entertainer Michael Jackson

I'm merging this with The Daily News.
I also think I have read it somewhere before. But who can really keep track nowadays, right? =)

Thanks to all for the news. Interesting about the Moon thing. And the numbers in his crater 2680 equal his favorite number when you break it down. (2+6+8+0=16; and then you break down the number 16... 1+6=7.) It's Perfect! :)

Thanks to all for the news. Interesting about the Moon thing. And the numbers in his crater 2680 equal his favorite number when you break it down. (2+6+8+0=16; and then you break down the number 16... 1+6=7.) It's Perfect! :)

Clever :)

I used to obsess about calculating every number I came over some years ago. And make each number become a word. I thought I was going crazy, because I did it all the time lol

But it's cool stuff :)

I' sorry ya'll, but this got me going:(From the today in HIStory part of teh news post)

"1992 - Michael Jackson collapsed three times during a concert in Wales."

was that three times in 1 concert? cuz holy ish man that's crazy.

Re: Moon Crater To Be Designated In Memoriam Of Legendary Entertainer Michael Jackson

I'm merging this with The Daily News.
I also think I have read it somewhere before. But who can really keep track nowadays, right? =)

Thats why I could find my post - Moon Crater To Be Designated In Memoriam Of Legendary Entertainer Michael Jackson...!:scratch:

Last edited:
MICHAEL'S MA CRIES MURDER!
DEMANDS 3RD AUTOPSY TO FIND 'KILLER'

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08052009/news/nationalnews/jackos_ma_cries_murder__183037.htm
nypmasthead2.gif

Last updated: 12:06 pm
August 5, 2009
Posted: 2:58 am
August 5, 2009

LOS ANGELES -- Michael Jackson's family has ordered yet another autopsy to be performed on the singer's drug-ravaged body in the hopes of coming up with evidence of "foul play" -- and a potential murder rap, sources told The Post yesterday.

Family matriarch Katherine Jackson is leading the charge, insistent that her son was intentionally slain -- and she wants somebody to pay for it, the sources said.

The LA County coroner has yet to rule formally on what killed Jackson on June 25.

But the family has been briefed by the coroner's investigators, who essentially agree with what the Jacksons' previous private autopsy discovered: that the King of Pop was a habitual user loaded with prescription drugs when he died. Without evidence of anything else, this would make murder charges highly unlikely, sources said.

"Katherine Jackson looked at the results of the second autopsy, and she wasn't happy with what it did not reveal to her," a family source said, adding that the heartbroken mom is willing to hire even a fourth or fifth pathologist until she gets her desired result.

But there still is the possibility of a manslaughter charge based on negligence.

Cops have already paid multiple visits to the home, offices and storage lockers of Jackson's doctor at the time, Conrad Murray.

Well-known pathologist Dr. Cyril Wecht, who has no connection to Jackson's case, said he sympathized with the family, but insisted that no new autopsy will yield different results.

"This is nonsense," Wecht said. "There's no more bodily fluid, no urine, no blood, no bile. The organs and tissue are in formula. There's going to be nothing new that can be gleaned from the body."

The third autopsy will be conducted before this weekend, at another location outside the coroner's office, sources said.

Jackson, 50, suddenly collapsed at his rented home in LA, where he was rehearsing for a concert tour.

On Monday, his mother won permanent custody of his three kids. But it appears that Joe Jackson, her husband and Michael's father, won't have a hand in raising them, amid concerns of his past alleged abuse of *****.

Joe, who lives separately from Katherine, in Las Vegas, wrote in new court papers that he only occasionally visits his wife.

Meanwhile, a probate judge has scheduled a hearing Monday on a deal for a full-length movie filled with footage *****'s last rehearsals. The judge wants to find out if Katherine Jackson has any objection before signing off on it.

Additional reporting by David K. Li in New York

Once I saw that last article was from the New York Post, I didn't even read it...

I hope the movie merchandising isnt tacky. I still dont feel like Im ready to fully embrace all of this. The footage, yes, I want to see it but all the hoopla and money making to come off of it feels a little off.

I hope the movie merchandising isnt tacky. I still dont feel like Im ready to fully embrace all of this. The footage, yes, I want to see it but all the hoopla and money making to come off of it feels a little off.

I agree. But it's like I'm waiting for something to happen, you know. Something huge. Maybe it's just the fact that he should be touring by now, or maybe it is the fact that I want to BE somewhere, to watch his performance, or WHATEVER, together with THE FANS!

I don't know, I have this strange excited feeling, but as I get hyped up over something I don't really now what is right now, it takes me right back down again, because he's not "here" anymore.

I just just can't shake that feeling off that I'm waiting for something...

Back