D.S - Your take on it?

The lyrics are so bad! it's amusing, but it lacks quality. It's like school yard bullying= the lame as taunts "I bet he never had a social life anyway" :rolleyes:

The lyrics arn't ment to be poetic, Michael just wanted something that was staright to the point and Tom Sneddon deserved those cheap shots from MJ after what he did to him

worst MJ song recorded. hmmm I suppose that's debatable. Surely he could have bitc.hed about Tom Sneddon with more quality? It's just crap. And the gun shot at the end! :rolleyes:

Please im gonna disagree with you. this song is amazing. what more quality did u need it all came out, raw pure anger! simply amazing. And the gunshot was perfect 2 let all those haters kno, dont fyck wit me. was he supposed be nice about it? the man tried 2 destroy him maybe thats what u need 2 look @

it's like a teasing song.... you know kinda what kids do in the schoolyard...

and it's like a prophecy.... for sure it was meant for the' second time' (2003 cr£%^&p)

it's an anger song

no wonder, right?

Please im gonna disagree with you. this song is amazing. what more quality did u need it all came out, raw pure anger! simply amazing. And the gunshot was perfect 2 let all those haters kno, dont fyck wit me. was he supposed be nice about it? the man tried 2 destroy him maybe thats what u need 2 look @

agreed......

I remeber when I first heard it I had know clue what he was saying in the chorus, I thought he was saying " dont stand right in the cold man", I kept singing that to myself like a dummy, haha. Then I found out that the LYRICS said Dom Sheldon and I was still confused cause I didnt know who he was talking about. Then I found out it was about Tom Sneddon and I fell in love with the song, I lsten to it all the time now.

Analyzing its musical merits is dumb. It was just a diss song, and it was catchy. Mission accomplished. With all the quality on HIStory, I'd say there was room for something like D.S., which again, is at least catchy and sticks in your head. Which works, since he's calling somebody out. It's something to sing along to if you're a Michael supporter during the allegations. It's the sort of thing you chant at a rally. It's meant to be simple.

Last edited:
HIStory is filled with amazing songs and D.S. is for me a bit of a filler but it's still pretty good, Michael had the chance to vent and he did, there's no harm in that and it is HIS album, he can do what he wants with it.

I just skip the song. IMO only the first three tracks on HIStory are good. What a great way to open an album, but boy, does it go down hill after those three...

I don't even think it's catchy. I listen to it once in a while but it really is a crappy piece IMO and HIStory is actually my favourite album.

wow u guys..i just dont know lol. the song was appropriate. its amazing..maybe not as creative but it came out perfect. it was straight 2 the point as needed. thet idiot got what he deserved and i looooove the song. the beati iz sick and the guitar rip is simply genius. and the anger n his voice lets u know what he was thinkin @ the time. filler song i think not, crappy hell 2 the no!

Analyzing its musical merits is dumb. It was just a diss song, and it was catchy. Mission accomplished. With all the quality on HIStory, I'd say there was room for something like D.S., which again, is at least catchy and sticks in your head. Which works, since he's calling somebody out. It's something to sing along to if you're a Michael supporter during the allegations. It's the sort of thing you chant at a rally. It's meant to be simple.

thank u! lol

I couldn't agree more.

I think it's good the way he has one up on him, like he had the power to do it, and he knew that people were going to hear it. Not my favorite song, but Well said mj x

Lol Smh= Shakes My Head (kinda Like If U HerE Or See Somethin Dissapointing..u Shake Ur Head N Disbelief Lol)

Last edited:
Everyone has a different opinion, and not everyone is going to like the same things. Personally, it's one of my least favorites, but I'm sure there are others who have it as their favorite MJ song.

Gotta love the lyrics... Can't blame Michael though. He had to get his anger out one way or another, lol.

Heheh. This was my angry song I used to sing at the top of my lungs back in the trial days ...

Can't say it's MJ's BEST song. But singing it is definitely a good way to release your anger. :D

I love it! Although its not the best. I love the beat and slash's solo part, you can really feel it lol or maybe its just me anyway... Yeah its true it really is a good song to release your anger. To be honest I find MJ's songs (not just the one in question) very helpful and uplifting if I am in a bad mood upset or whatever. Know what I mean

Back