D.S - Your take on it?

daphnieas

Proud Member
We all know what those lyrics are all about.
I'd like to know what's your take on it, what did you first thought when you heard it?

Mods: If this is already somewhere else feel free to delete it.

worst MJ song recorded. hmmm I suppose that's debatable. Surely he could have bitc.hed about Tom Sneddon with more quality? It's just crap. And the gun shot at the end! :rolleyes:

DS is genius to me. i really was into it first time i heard it. he said it how he felt it and everyone who has a strong aversion to that nasty little man (who you can just tell his breath stinks from looking at his photos) can sing along with the Michael and get out some of the aggression felt towards the crooked former DA at same time.

I thought it was creative.. 'Don Sheldon'.. ??

The sad part is that I did not know it was about Tom Sneddon when it first came out.. It went right over my head..

Love the song.

It's the best way to deal with aggression... put it into creative energy!

Although sometimes I also think Snedas* didn't deserve such a piece of art dedicated to him!

But I love the song. I always listen to it when I'm fed up with my boss at work! lol:lol: helps to bring me back into a better mood.
Michael is my rolemodel... I try to use my aggressions as energy to be put into something good again also somehow!

That was the my favorite song from HIStory at first, and I still love it, but I have to confess I didn't made the conection to Sneddon until long long long after :blush:

I didn't know it was about Sneddon when I first heard it either. But I do like the song. You can really hear the anger and emotion in Michael's vocals. I just wish it was more melodic and not so repetitive.

MJ shouldnt have paid him this sort of attention.

When I first heard it I was 7 so I didn't really have an opinion on the subject matter, but it's been a favourite for years!

I thought it was creative.. 'Don Sheldon'.. ??

The sad part is that I did not know it was about Tom Sneddon when it first came out.. It went right over my head..

He doesn't actually say "Dom Sheldon", that's just on the lyric sheet. He says Tom Sneddon and at one point says Thomas Sneddon.

I used to dislike this song when I was younger, but as i've gotten older and now understand what the inspiration behind the lyrics are, I love it! This song was great to play during the trial too :lol:. I played it all the time. The lyrics are so true.

Well, the reason most of us had no clue what the hell he was talking about until years later was that we were just kids back then...I've noticed that among fans, most of us are in our early 20s...

What is Tom Shneddon ? ...

How could he think that he would win against Michael and all the fans, stupid futhermucker ! ...

Last edited:
Well, the reason most of us had no clue what the hell he was talking about until years later was that we were just kids back then...I've noticed that among fans, most of us are in our early 20s...

I was 16 when HIStory came out and had no clue what the lyrics meant til I came online!

I like the song.. It's Michael's way to "kick back" :p

By the way, have you seen the interview where D.S told what he thought about the song?

Interviewer: Michael Jackson wrote a song about the man named Dom Sheldon, and he wrote it after the 1993 molestation investigation. Have you heard the lyrics to that song?

D.S: I've heard some of it, I've never listened to the whole song and the only reason that I actually listened to the part of the song was that somebody told me that there were gunshots at the end. And I didn't believe it. And there are.. you have to turn the volume way up to that you can hear it.

Interviewer: The gunshots.. what do they in your mind represent?

D.S: Childish..

Interviewer: Not a threat?

D.S: No I never.. I mean.. Some people took it that way, I didn't take it that way... this is.. no.

Interviewer: Flattering in a way that Michael Jackson would write a song about you? The King of Pop wrote a song about you.

D.S: Definitely makes me unique in a range of district attorneys.

I bet he felt at least a little bit frightened, but just couldn't admit that. And maybe yeah the song made him unique but not in a way I'd be bragging about :p

Yeah...I wouldn't feel flattered if someone said they'd bet I never had a social life anyway...:lol:

Ugh, just reading any interview involving the pig known as Sneddon makes my stomach turn, but thx for sharing Reeta lol. Interesting stuff.

sounds like a cold calculated outtake track which is a b side single at best. it sounded dated as well IMO

The lyrics are so bad! it's amusing, but it lacks quality. It's like school yard bullying= the lame as taunts "I bet he never had a social life anyway" :rolleyes:

It express's Michael's feelings at the time with great definition. I like it because it takes you to what Sneddon is through Michael's eyes. Not his best effort Musically but Artistically its great. The edgy guitar riff, is like a way of showing off his anger, through music.

kinda like a typical album filler song. very basic interms of the melody and the whole constuction of it.like something mj probably wrote while sat on the toliet lol

Musically D.S isn't anything innovative, it's just a basic Michael Jackson song in the way "elusive moonwalker" say's.But I still think D.S is on hell of an awesome song, and it would have made a great single.

As soon as I heard D.S on the day of the release of the History album, I considered it one of my favorite Michael Jackson songs. I also think it's really clever how Michael made up the name Dom Sheldon, so it sounds like Tom Sneddon. When ever I listen to (or think of the song) D.S I just have the name "Tom Sneddon" as the lyrics. This song has become more potent since Sneddon's evil and botched attempt convict Michael in 2003-05.

What I like about the basic "Michael Jackson" sound of this song, it that it's Michael writing free form and straight from the heart which is another reason it's one of my favorite songs.

Back