Come-on not Shamone

You are right, though most people strongly will disagree with you. The urban myth of Michael singing Shamone is believed to be a fact and it got way out of controll. That sound is mishearing Michael actually singing Come On. Most people listen to many songs by different artists and bands and always mishear lyrics, and sometimes what you mishear sounds better than the actually lyric. But Michael does song Come On, NOT Shamone.

Most artists wouldn't sing Come On, they would just say it and slow down there vocal. Michael sings Come On and emphasis Ca sound and Come, Michael really sings Come On with a bite like when he does those little tough ad lib sound like Da and ah in between lyrics.

It never was Shamone and never will be Shamone, but many people think it is. If you have Bad on vinyl (as I have had since I bought it on it's day of release in September 1987) and play Bad slowed down you will hear Michael sings Come On. I when I first heard Michael sing Come On, it sounded like Shamp- ho to me so I understand why people think Michael's singing Shamone even though he isn't.

30yrs ? ............ I can't think of any song where the sound Shamone (when Michael is actually singing Come On) appears before the song and album Bad, which was released almost 23yrs ago not 30yrs ago.

dude.. open itunes, play bad at 0:34.. If that ain't a shamone then I don't know what is.

what about Chris tucker in "You rock my world" ?

C: Oh man, ah, look at that girl right there! Goodness gracious, ah, that girl is fine man. Look at it, Ohhh she's just too fine. She knows she's fine too.
M: She is banging.
C: Oh, she's off the hook!
M: She looks good. You're right.
C: Ah ah ah ah ah. And I bet you can't nobody get that girl.
M: Chris, I can get her.
C: Can't get that girl, Mike. I Guarantee you can't get that girl.
M: Watch me get that girl.
C: I bet you never-Neverland you can't.
M: I can get her!
C: Alright!, Shomon then, shomon!
M: Watch...

he just says come-on the same way michael does?

It's for the l.o.v.e. :heart:

I didn't say MJ sang shamone in Beat It. I said MJ sings "shere" in his live performances of Beat It. I was giving an example of how MJ sings some words in his songs. Even if you emphasize the C when pronouncing the word come, you don't get an "S' sound. So I don't see how you can say he is saying come on when there is clearly an S sound in there.

He's right, I think it's just the way Michael recorded certain words, may not have been on purpose, but perhaps he felt emotion during recording songs and realized that "Shamone" or "Shere" showcases that emotion he wanted us to feel. I sure feel it when listening to Michael. :D

It's probably a James Brown thing. JB has long pronounced words his own way in songs, lol. It also makes me think of Alicia Bridges' "ack shawn" (action) in her song I Love The Night Life.

shamonesmall.gif

what about Chris tucker in "You rock my world" ?

C: Oh man, ah, look at that girl right there! Goodness gracious, ah, that girl is fine man. Look at it, Ohhh she's just too fine. She knows she's fine too.
M: She is banging.
C: Oh, she's off the hook!
M: She looks good. You're right.
C: Ah ah ah ah ah. And I bet you can't nobody get that girl.
M: Chris, I can get her.
C: Can't get that girl, Mike. I Guarantee you can't get that girl.
M: Watch me get that girl.
C: I bet you never-Neverland you can't.
M: I can get her!
C: Alright!, Shomon then, shomon!
M: Watch...

:lol: My favorite conversation ever. & nice image up there, DI lol

dude.. open itunes, play bad at 0:34.. If that ain't a shamone then I don't know what is.
:lol: I agree. MJ also slips in a what clearly sounds like 'shamone' (although it sounds more like 'shamo' without the 'ne' at the end :lol:) at 3.44 in Black or White.

I think it's just MJ doing his thing. His ad-libs are unique. How many people are really 100% sure what the word is that he's enthusiastically yelling during the Bad Tour ("bantai!!" - some say it's MJ's adaptation of 'partay')?:D

I know that he sings ''came on'' or the ideia is to tell ''came on'', but he signs in a way that sounds lik ''shamone''. I agree ''shamone'' is much better funny!

Never asked about this to him in a interview? The media lost so many time asking about the pedophilia and cirurgy ¬¬

For some reason, I feel that 'Shamone' makes more sense? I know that sounds stupid, but it fits better than saying 'Come on'. :lol:

To me its clearly said in Bad, but also very clear in Man in the Mirror. I remember back then, one of the DJ's was asking the radio listeners what they thought "shamone" meant- ha ha.

I just think that is what makes Michael so unique- he loves to ad lib always did since he was a little boy- He is an ad lib king - love them- just like his he he and aows- just brilliant- makes the songs even better-

For some reason, I feel that 'Shamone' makes more sense? I know that sounds stupid, but it fits better than saying 'Come on'. :lol:

:lol: Totally agree....It wouldn't be 'Michael Jackson' without the 'Shamone' :punk:

Back