Cirque du Soleil Wants Michael Jackson

CherubimII

Proud Member
Cirque du Soleil Wants Michael Jackson; “This Is It” Goes Gold After Two Weeks
By: Roger Friedman // Wednesday November 11, 2009

Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” companion album — really just an album of hits — sold a little over 200,000 copies last week and went gold. That means it’s sold over 500,000 copies in two weeks.

The really weird thing is that another greatest hits album from Jackson, “Number Ones,” sold about 33,000 copies, too. Are people just buying and rebuying the same songs? Hey, why not?

Meanwhile, some interesting news from the live performance front: Cirque du Soleil is heavily courting the Jackson estate for a Las Vegas-style show featuring Michael’s music. The Canadian-based company is said to be working hard to convince all the parties that they can do for Michael what they did for the Beatles with the “Love” show at the Mirage Hotel.

The money involved is said to be astronomical.

Right now, Cirque du Soleil is prepping an Elvis Presley show, “Viva Elvis,” which will start performances next month at the ARIA Hotel in Las Vegas. Once that show is off the ground, the Jackson estate will confer with the Cirque folks. Meantime, AEG Live is also hoping to get its “This Is It” show, featured in the movie, on tour in some way as well.

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/cirque-du-soleil-michael-jackson-this-is-it/

OMG that would be amazing and i'd see it many times for sure. mike would LOVE to be associated w/ cds and he'd be so thrilled! i hope rf is right on this one

Being a canadian, and knowning that tho man who created Cirque du soleil has a child's heart just as much as Michael did, I can just say it would be magical.

I hope this project comes to reality.

6qijvt.jpg
yes plz... Then bring it to the UK

A Cirque Du Soleil show based on Michael's music would be incredible.

It's a perfect union. I despise Las Vegas, but I'd have to go see this. Those are going to be some damn wealthy children. And you know they'll all be philanthropists when they grow up. Not a bad legacy for a brief half-century, Mr. Jackson.

Even though the Cirque "LOVE" show is fabulous, I hope if this show happens it ends up at The Mirage. That's my favorite hotel in Vegas, I'll be making lots of quick trips. :cheeky:

aw but mike loved the venetian. maybe the wynn could host it?! i don't like the mirage.it's too shiny (but i love the wynn? lol) but their pool is awesome. man this would be so rad, i may even move back to vegas quicker than anticipated

It's a perfect union. I despise Las Vegas, but I'd have to go see this.
Those are going to be some damn wealthy children.
And you know they'll all be philanthropists when they grow up. Not a bad legacy for a brief half-century, Mr. Jackson.

With no disrepect intended...Money is not everything~~~

If they are anything like their father...I really don't think they care all that much about it..!

:angel:Our Children Are The Future...Heal The World...WE Are THe World...Education IS The Key~~~

Cirque du Soleil Wants Michael Jackson; “This Is It” Goes Gold After Two Weeks
By: Roger Friedman // Wednesday November 11, 2009

Michael Jackson’s “This Is It” companion album — really just an album of hits — sold a little over 200,000 copies last week and went gold. That means it’s sold over 500,000 copies in two weeks.

The really weird thing is that another greatest hits album from Jackson, “Number Ones,” sold about 33,000 copies, too. Are people just buying and rebuying the same songs? Hey, why not?

Meanwhile, some interesting news from the live performance front: Cirque du Soleil is heavily courting the Jackson estate for a Las Vegas-style show featuring Michael’s music. The Canadian-based company is said to be working hard to convince all the parties that they can do for Michael what they did for the Beatles with the “Love” show at the Mirage Hotel.

The money involved is said to be astronomical.

Right now, Cirque du Soleil is prepping an Elvis Presley show, “Viva Elvis,” which will start performances next month at the ARIA Hotel in Las Vegas. Once that show is off the ground, the Jackson estate will confer with the Cirque folks. Meantime, AEG Live is also hoping to get its “This Is It” show, featured in the movie, on tour in some way as well.

http://showbiz411.blogs.thr.com/cirque-du-soleil-michael-jackson-this-is-it/

H*LL Yeah!!! Lmao...its AMAZING Thought isnt it?

L.O.V.E.
Romi

aw but mike loved the venetian. maybe the wynn could host it?! i don't like the mirage.it's too shiny (but i love the wynn? lol) but their pool is awesome. man this would be so rad, i may even move back to vegas quicker than anticipated

Ok I could go for that, The Venetian is only a couple stoplights and crosswalks away from The Mirage. :cheeky: I'm there. :girl_dance: :dancin:

I hope that will happen and that show should then also come to Holland pronto so I can watch it as well!!

Originally Posted by Bo G
It's a perfect union... Those are going to be some damn wealthy children.
And you know they'll all be philanthropists when they grow up. Not a bad legacy for a brief half-century, Mr. Jackson.

With no disrepect intended...Money is not everything~~~

Goodness, how could someone get something negative out of my very positive comment.

I think it's a fascinating angle that, that in addition to the artistic legacy MJ is leaving, his philanthropy will live on because we KNOW he instilled that ethic in his children. I look forward to watching them go out into the world and become humanitarians like their father. Just think how that expands the scope of his legacy.

Wow...that would be such an amazing show and very fitting tribute! Really hope it's true!

That would be magical!! I hope this happens. Dunno if I could afford to fly over from Finland tho...

Oh my, my, my!!!!!!!!!
I really wish this will come true!!! CdS is simply AMAZING, I love them and they are great, great artists!! ARTISTS!! With BIG letters.... I agree: Mike dear will love this! It would be such a wonderful and fitting tribute to his legacy.... wwoww!!!!
Let's hope this time the info is for real :)

Weeee!!
kiss_meIcon.gif

This is one of the most exciting things I've heard in a while. =) I've been wanting to see this happen forever! I *love* Cirque. When Love came out I was like having crazy happy spasms. MJ has always been the only other artist I could think of whose style would totally complement the show and vice versa. His work would totally undergo a renaissance through this type of exhibition. It'd be pretty much orgasmic. =P

Beatles LOVE took my breath away, i would move to vegas if they did an MJ one....omg omg omg omg omg squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:swoon: :clapping: :dropdead: :love:

OMG that would be amazing and i'd see it many times for sure. mike would LOVE to be associated w/ cds and he'd be so thrilled! i hope rf is right on this one

Oh..My..God.... I can literally imagine his excitement!! Im flying STRAIGHT over when this happens! He would have LOVED this. :excited:

Being a canadian, and knowning that tho man who created Cirque du soleil has a child's heart just as much as Michael did, I can just say it would be magical.

I hope this project comes to reality.

That's comforting. I hope cds works out, cuz that would be amazing:wub:

Back