Christmas in your city/town

I took a stroll around midtown on Friday and took some photos of the city all dressed up for the holidays. It's really magical in NYC this time of the year. I can even tolerate the crowds without getting annoyed (heh!). These were taken with my cell phone camera so the quality isn't optimal:

Photo380.jpg

Photo383.jpg

Photo387.jpg

Photo389.jpg

Photo390.jpg

Photo393.jpg

Photo395.jpg

Photo396.jpg

Photo402.jpg

Photo404.jpg

Photo411.jpg

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/supanyc/CHRISTMAS 2010/

I would love to one day experince xmas in america but not sure if i could handle the cold weather there. But then again with the way our weather down here has been, i'll be used to it lol

:hi: guys I'm back with a few more photos, I won't be going around to see anymore now so these will be the last lot I will be posting up unfortunately unless I get a chance to get some lights around the coast when I'm up there for the weekend....

To everyone else that has posted photos they are all gorgeous and for all of you that get snow I'm extremely jealous *nods.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

:wub::wub::wub::wub:I love them all:)

You & bubbles should go together to see those xmas lights sharlene, that would be so much fun for both of u guys :)

It would be awesome to go and see the Christmas lights with Sharlene but we're running out of time to see them, these places usually turn them off a couple of days after Christmas... I'm fully booked out for the next 3 days to we'll have to do it next year for sure.

Dad surprise mum and I last night by taking a little drive down to Goonda which is about a 30 minute drive from here, there were a few lights we saw and I did take pictures, but please excuse the quality of them as I didn't actually take these with my camera they were taken with the mobile as I didn't know we were going to see lights.

xp3qxf.jpg

2ufug5i.jpg

350rjn7.jpg

I did have a few more but they were too blurry to see anything unfortunately :(

Thats a shame u guys wont have time to see the lights together but like u said theres always next yr.

Those pics are really good despite being taken from the mobile, when i use mine its never good.

Okay guys I know I say this like everytime I post in here but we did one last round of the Christmas lights before we no longer see them, this time these are in my local area and we can walk to these ones.

I took these with my camera so they are better quality then the ones I took with my mobile :)

5p0dxk.jpg

wloeiu.jpg

11tyi3k.jpg

15gxfk2.jpg

73gdy0.jpg

There you go guys, that's it from me now so enjoy :)

I think it would be fun for us to post photos of how Christmas and the holidays look in our cities/towns since this board is so global. I have never stepped foot out of the U.S. so it would be fun for me to see all these places without going anywhere. You can post your own photos or ones you find online. They just have to be festive!

For NYC the most beautiful area to visit for Christmas is midtown around Rockefeller Center. There is the enormous Christmas tree with people of all ages skating in the rink below. I mean, it just doesn't get any more Christmassy than that:

NYC%20Christmas%20Skaters%20and%20Tree.jpg

nyc-xmas-rockefeller-smallw.jpg

Not far from the tree are the giant Christmas ball ornaments. These are so charming:

Christmas-Balls-NYC-2007-1024x768.jpg

christmas-in-new-york-city-midtown-lights.jpg

Across from Rockefeller Center on 5th Avenue there is Saks where giant white snowflakes appear to be falling along side the department store building. They are in motion and it is spectacular:

christmas-in-new-york-city-saks-fifth-avenue.jpg

Then we have the Cartier store dressed up in a bow like a present:

enjoy-christmas-windows-nyc-800X800.jpg

Near Central Park the world's largest Chanukah Menorah stands:

JEWISH-NEWS-SERVICES-MENORAH.jpg

Even the Empire State Building gets into the act:

images

There is so much more. NYC is a beautiful place to visit for the holidays.

wow amazing pictures! that menorah looks huge. I love NYC. :wub:

Those are some beautiful pics. Here are some of Toronto.
CN-Tower-Christmas-2007.jpg
Eaton_Centre_Christmas_Tree.JPG
skating-nathan-phillips-square.jpg
01b1610f4034a11a9dcc93ee79d6.jpeg

TTC-Streetcar-Snow-Toronto.jpg

I know this last one isn't strictly Christmas-related, but this is winter in Toronto - snow is amazing (in theory)

awww the CN tower looks so colorful.. is that the Eaton Centre in the second pic? :D love the photos.

A little bit of Christmas in my city at night (Lithuania/Kaunas) :D. Sorry for advert at the beginning.

var c = "?vairenyb?s"; var _delfiVideoX = 550;var _delfiVideoY = 330;var _delfiVideoSalt = "IdqxdIDv";_createDelfiVideo();

Very nice video! The holiday scenery is beautiful.

I have really enjoyed this thread. I got to see Christmas in other places without leaving my desk. :)

Yeh thats what i loved bout this thread, looking at christmas all over the world with just a push of a button :giggle:

i lovvvvvvee that big christmas tree in the mall :yes: :wub: and the train photo is beautiful :yes:
im going to miss all these beautiful photos :yes:

Back