Chris Tucker talks about Michael on Rickey Smiley show [on Ellen pg 3]

Re: Chris Tucker talks about Michael on Rickey Smiley show

Hahaha, that YAY, HE'S COMMING was sooo funny. :lol: No matter if men are straight or gay, the majority freak out if they see Michael in front of them. :giggle: I'm glad Mike and Chris stayed in contact, he was a genuine friend, Chrismas really loves MJ. :happy:

@ ivy : Thanks for posting&the transcript.

Chris - One time we were at Vegas and this is crazy Michael went shopping. We went to this place at the Venetian. That's when I realized I was with Michael Jackson. I mean these people swarm him like Jesus. I couldn't believe it. They pushed me out of the way. They thought I was his security guard. They were like "Man Michael Jackson's security guy looks like Chris Tucker". I was like "Damn get off of me. Michael gotta go"
:rofl: I woulda done the same thing.
I can feel he wanted to protect him, like a real friend does.

i have uploaded it on youtube...

[youtube]YPaqmtXrCc8[/youtube]

Hahaha, that YAY, HE'S COMMING was sooo funny. :lol: No matter if men are straight or gay, the majority freak out if they see Michael in front of them. :giggle: I'm glad Mike and Chris stayed in contact, he was a genuine friend, Chrismas really loves MJ. :happy:

I remember someone once said ''Michael Jackson can make the biggest gangster in the world scream and cry like a little girl''

This had me in tears :laugh:

We went to this place at the Venetian. That's when I realized I was with Michael Jackson. I mean these people swarm him like Jesus. I couldn't believe it. They pushed me out of the way. They thought I was his security guard. They were like "Man Michael Jackson's security guy looks like Chris Tucker". I was like "Damn get off of me. Michael gotta go"
Sweet interview! Thanks for posting! :)

I love Chris, he could make Mike laugh, he could make a genius laugh, wow... lucky man..

Love you Christmas!!

Thank you now checkin it out

I really LOVE Christmas Tucker :lol: :laugh: I mean Chris ;) I wish I was there when he had Michael literally "lol"ing

I remember someone once said ''Michael Jackson can make the biggest gangster in the world scream and cry like a little girl''

Bwhahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!! that too funny

If I go to Chris' show, I will shout out "Christmas."

That was actually Ice-T quoting one of his friends.

One of my friends said, No matter how tough you are, Michael Jackson will have the biggest gangster in the front row screaming like a bitch at his concert. That's about the best compliment you can give.
:lmao: :rofl:

Ice- T remembering when he met Michael: http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1907409_1907413_1907564,00.html

More from Christmas Tucker:)

Chris Tucker’s Journey From Tax Problems to ‘Silver Linings Playbook’
Nov 14, 2012 7:08 AM EST
It’s been five years since he last appeared in a film, but Chris Tucker is back with a winning turn in David O. Russell’s award-worthy black comedy, Silver Linings Playbook, in theaters Friday. The actor opens up to Marlow Stern about his tax problems, hanging with Obama and Michael Jackson, and his road back.

The rise of Chris Tucker from Burger King janitor in rural Georgia to Hollywood’s highest paid actor is just as astonishing as his fall, epitomized by a report in February claiming he owed a whopping $12 million in back taxes to good ol’ Uncle Sam.

Yes, you read that correctly.

Back in 2006, Tucker, the comedic actor known for his shrill voice and manic energy, negotiated the highest base salary in Hollywood history: $25 million for Rush Hour 3, the third installment in the cross-cultural action-comedy franchise that paired him with Jackie Chan. The first two Rush Hour films, helmed by renowned over-sharer Brett Ratner, had grossed close to $600 million worldwide, but Tucker’s fee was a major head-scratcher considering he hadn’t starred in a non–Rush Hour film since 1997’s Jackie Brown.

Rush Hour 3 was released in 2007. Despite dismal reviews and a ludicrous $140 million budget, the film was a minor box-office success. This was the last time people would see its star, Chris Tucker, on the silver screen until this week, when Silver Linings Playbook opens in theaters.
Tucker turns in an impressive supporting performance as Danny, a former meth addict who befriended the central character, Pat (Bradley Cooper), in a mental institution. Now that they’re free, Pat is placed into the care of his parents (Robert De Niro and Jackie Weaver) but has delusions of winning back his estranged wife. His precious plan hits a snag when he crosses paths with a widow, played by Jennifer Lawrence, who is equally troubled. Much like his previous film, The Fighter, David O. Russell has crafted a poignant portrait of working-class familial dysfunction, with Tucker’s outré onscreen persona proving a fine fit in the director’s motley ensemble. And Silver Linings Playbook is getting loads of (well-deserved) Oscar buzz.

But what the hell has Chris Tucker been up to for the past five years?

After starring in the three Rush Hour films from 1998 to 2007, Tucker was searching for what he calls “the next level above Rush Hour.” He thought he’d found it when, in 2007, New Line Cinema—which had distributed nearly every Tucker film dating back to his debut, Friday—announced he was set to star in Mr. S: My Life With Frank Sinatra. Directed by Ratner, the film would feature Tucker as Sinatra’s valet, George Jacobs, and was based on Jacobs’s acclaimed autobiography of the same name. It could have been Tucker’s Ray. But when New Line Cinema downsized the following year, the project fell through the cracks.

“Well, the break wasn’t planned—it just happened that way,” says Tucker at a hotel in midtown Manhattan. “I waited a long time and the right things weren’t coming to me—the roles I was offered weren’t that challenging—so I started trying to develop a bunch of projects for myself.”

He continues: “I was always looking and hoping the right thing would come. I knew stepping back a bit and going back to my stand-up roots would help me gain perspective.”

So in 2011 Tucker began touring again as a stand-up, starting out in comedy clubs before graduating to theaters. He just filmed a stand-up comedy movie last weekend in Atlanta that’s going to be released in theaters early next year.

“It’s going to be like Eddie Murphy’s Raw or Richard Pryor: Live on the Sunset Strip,” he says with a grin. “That’s my dream because those are my idols who I grew up watching.”

Tucker was born the youngest of six kids in Decatur, Ga. His father ran a janitorial business and Tucker would help out by working as a janitor as the local Burger King. After graduating from high school, at 18 he decided to move out to Los Angeles.

“Georgia was a great place to live, but I wanted to get out because I knew the opportunities for what I was doing, stand-up comedy and eventually acting, were in Los Angeles,” he says. “I moved at an early age because I figured I’d have nothing to lose, and if it didn’t work out I could just move back.”

He soon garnered a reputation as a stellar stand-up comic, making regular appearances on Def Comedy Jam. Then, in 1995, he was given his first starring role as Smokey, a motor-mouthed pothead in F. Gary Gray’s comedy, Friday. The film would become stoner-comedy classic, paving the way for impressive druggie turns in the underrated Vietnam War saga Dead Presidents and Tarantino’s Jackie Brown. Despite his penchant for wasted characters, Tucker, who is a devout Christian, claims he’s never gotten into drugs himself.

“Never,” he says emphatically. “My mom raised me to never have anything control me.”

The blockbuster Rush Hour films soon followed, immediately vaulting Tucker to the A-list. Tucker’s had a revolving door of legendary celebrity pals, including Tupac, who he met when he filmed a cameo in his music video “California Love,” and most famously, Michael Jackson. The pair struck up a friendship over their mutual admiration of one another, and Tucker would later star in Jackson’s music video for “You Rock My World,” playing the King of Pop’s partner in crime.

“We met right here in New York City at the Four Seasons Hotel,” Tucker recalls. “It was like meeting the pope!:D We hung out, talked for a bit, met up at a few places if he was in town. I even went to Neverland. What struck me the most was how kind and nice he was. He cared about everybody.”

He also managed to hang out with a then-prospective senator in Los Angeles by the name of Barack Obama.

“Obama was going to another charity event in L.A. and me and him shared a car together,” says Tucker. “I didn’t know he was going to be president! He signed a book for me, and we talked about basketball … and chicken. No, I’m kidding about the chicken. But that’s why I ended up voting for him cause I knew he was a good guy.”

After the lucrative Rush Hour films, Tucker found himself in a bit of a financial mess, reportedly owing the federal government just over $12 million in back taxes. The tax problems may have precipitated Tucker’s return to stand-up comedy touring in 2011, but the actor remains relatively mum about his financial situation.

“It gave me stuff to talk about and got me to take care of business,” he says. “I can’t tell the details of it. I wish I could. But stuff happens, you learn, and you just take care of it.”

The Chris Tucker comeback tour also includes Silver Linings Playbook. Directed by Russell, It’s his first film by a celebrated auteur since 1997’s Jackie Brown—which also, coincidentally, costarred Robert De Niro.

“[My representation] were surprised I was interested in it, but it was a meaty role,” he says. “David is very hands-on and right there with you, and I enjoyed it so much because there was a lot of improv.”

As for future projects, in addition to the stand-up comedy film, Tucker and Chan are “talking about” doing Rush Hour 4 in order to, according to Tucker, “reclaim the magic of the first one” after a less than stellar third entry. He’s also trying to bring the intriguing Sinatra project to fruition with Ratner.

During his recent stand-up comedy shows, Tucker has joked that he’s already had his fair share of amazing experiences, and he’s not hustling to right his financial situation in order to provide for his son, who is 14.

“Comedy comes from a place of hurt,” he says. “Charlie Chaplin was starving and broke in London, and that’s where he got his character ‘the tramp’ from. It’s a bad situation that he transformed into comedic one.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-tax-problems-to-silver-linings-playbook.html

Chris Tucker Was Scared To Show Michael Jackson His Impression Of Him

Chris Tucker was too scared to do his Michael Jackson impression in front of the late pop star.

The actor mimicked the singer in his early years as a stand-up comedian, and eventually went on to become friends with Michael.

Despite even appearing in the video for his 2001 single You Rock My World, he never had the courage to show him his impersonation.

He said: "I never dreamed of becoming friends with him but then when I met him he was just the nicest guy, the kindest man I ever met. He just befriended me like an older brother."

When asked if he'd done his impression for the late star - who died in June 2009 - he added: "[I was] scared that he'd be like, 'Who you doing?'"

The 40-year-old briefly became the highest paid actor in the world, starring alongside Jackie Chan in 'Rush Hour 3' and receiving $25 million for his role, but he says money was never his main motivation.

When asked how he managed to negotiate such a fee for the film, he told The Guardian newspaper: "You know what, just ask. They say, 'Ask and you will receive.' I was blessed to do that. You always think, if you keep working hard you will get rewarded, that's always in the back of your mind.

"But the thing that really pushed me at the beginning was just people laughing. I think that's where my joy really came from."

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/chris-tucker-scared-michael-jackson-impression-180447387.html

I'm liking Chris Tucker more the way he talks about Michael than that chauvinist, homophobic Bret Ratner. That interview really made laugh, straight to to point fucusing on possitive aspects of Michael's character, it wasn't exagerated and very sweet.

I wonder if they stayed in contact after the trial... :thinking:

What happened with Brett Ratner, im lost, thought he was a good friend of Mike.

Brett Ratner (I'm sure) overreacted or even invented an annecdote about Michael throwing water baloons to a homeless guy and instead of helping him, Michael received negative, mean comments about it. Michael wasn't mean to those people, I don't see him capable of doing such thing to a homeless guy... and I called him homophobic and chauvinist because he's made derogatory comments on gay people and women.

Howard Stern made such mean, disgusting comments on that practical joke and about Michael.

Brett Ratner (I'm sure) overreacted or even invented an annecdote about Michael throwing water baloons to a homeless guy and instead of helping him, Michael received negative, mean comments about it. Michael wasn't mean to those people, I don't see him capable of doing such thing to a homeless guy... and I called him homophobic and chauvinist because he's made derogatory comments on gay people and women.

Howard Stern made such mean, disgusting comments on that practical joke and about Michael.

Shame on me, I laughed to the story:blush:

You know what, I think that story could be true (please don't get angry with me).
We all have seen MJ with these water balloon fights in Neverland, and there are videos him with Macaulay in hotel, and Mac throws water balloons (which MJ signed) down from balcony. Also he also wrote in his book (if I remember correctly) that he used to do that with brothers during their tours. He has done that often, that makes me think that this story might be true.
He is/was well know for his practical jokes, many of these practical jokes involved water.

It doesn't make me think of MJ any less or more, I just think that was MJ being silly and thoughtless, and probably noone ever told him to stop once he got older, as it might not look good if he does it into adulthood. Michael was showing his inner child and I don't think he thought it was something mean spirited, it was just fun for him.

I can understand that some people see it differently,I would too if I was a casual reader or listener of that program.

Perhaps Brett should have left that story out, but obviously he is quite childish too for not thinking consequences.

Brett and Michael were just joking, i must clear that Brett says "I imagine it was a homeless guy" as way to express that at that hour NOBODY WAS ON THE STREET, he never says It was a homeless guy indeed---, i imagine it was just a guy at night, not homeless.. Man Michael was a good man-

now i would have pay to see Michael screaming to stop the car :rofl:

Last edited:

Brett and Michael were just joking, i must clear that Brett says "I imagine it was a homeless guy" as way to express that at that hour NOBODY WAS ON THE STREET, he never says It was a homeless guy indeed---, i imagine it was just a guy at night, not homeless.. Man Michael was a good man-

now i would have pay to see Michael screaming to stop the car :rofl:

I know MJ was good man, but he too made mistakes every now and then.
Its just that everything is put under the microscope whatever MJ threw water balloons or cakes.

It really doesn't matter whether it was homeless or anyone else. What would you say if you are on the way home from bar and somebody throws water balloons at you? So I kind of understand the point for some people getting angry.

Another note if I knew MJ was throwing water balloons somewhere, I would have volunteered to be target:D
I would have loved to be in that car with him, yes shame on me but it would have been hilarious:D

Howard Stern is nasty, don't mind him.

I think I would have been scared at first and then i would have laughed hard cause it was just water baloons man..
About Stern, i cant stand him, really i just get MAD when he says something about Michael, he's so, i mean he's always hating on Michael, why i mean, dont wanna continue.....

I think I would have been scared at first and then i would have laughed hard cause it was just water baloons man..
About Stern, i cant stand him, really i just get MAD when he says something about Michael, he's so, i mean he's always hating on Michael, why i mean, dont wanna continue..... :evil:

No point to waste your feelings to Stern, we can hate Stern tomorrow, but today we should enjoy BAD 25 airing to the public.
It is one of the kind and first documentary of Mike that put the MJ the artist up front.

No one can spoil my incredible good mood today:dancin:

I honestly wouldn't trust in the (complete) veracity of someone who had refered gay people as f*gs or the way he had addressed some women before.

It’s important to note that this isn’t Ratner’s only tasteless remark these past few weeks. He also claimed to have “banged” Olivia Munn a few times but then “forgot her” because “she wasn’t Asian back then.” He later admitted on Howard Stern that he’d completely lied and that the two hadn’t hooked up. Also discussed with Howard Stern: how he made Lindsay Lohan get tested for STDs before agreeing to have sex with her. While these other comments weren’t as offensive as the one that made him step down, they were indicative of Ratner’s general skeeze-ball-ness.

http://entertainment.time.com/2011/...or-brett-ratner-steps-down-as-oscar-producer/

I admit when I watched that video I posted I laughed but then I started to think, wait a minute, it's a homeless guy, Michael wouldn't disrespect, offend or hurt vulnerable people...

Chris Tucker at Ellen...talking about Michael starts 2:35

Love this interview. Chris always show the love.

Thank god for people like Chris Tucker.

i didn't have to watch or listen to the interviews. I know Chris is special.

Back