Chris Brown's MJ Tribute Video

Re: Chris Brown New Video: She ain't You

I actually like that song. (Of course it might help what's on the backround.. :p)

The song's melody definitely resembles SWV's 'Right Here' remix of 'Human Nature', clearly, which I've always loved. No comment about the tired autotune... But the visuals in this clip are strong and fresh.

Its a nice, little tribute. I admire Chris for doing this and keeping the Michael Jackson legacy in everyone's mind. :)

Have you heard the state of the lyrics :S aha, and the video is pretty cheap, appauling sample, but hey, it's a lovely gesture, i just won't lie about the song aha as to what i think of it :)

Not sure about this... I know the guy is always bringing some MJ stuff (dance, clothing) like everywhere... but to me it ... I don't know, IT IS a sample of SWV-Right Here as for the music (which is a sample of Human nature itself) and there are so many MJ things that I can't even see any CB own flavour, I haven't even listened to the lyrics as I was too busy with the images and the dance, the intonations of the voice that fits human nature..

It's a bit too much for me. YET, I thank him for keeping MJ in people's memory buy imitating him and telling others that he was his inspiration etc :)

It certainly is great that people like Chris Brown continue to this very day to pay their respects and provide tributes. I will never knock anyone for doing this.

The thing is that it is a sample of a sample which is just silly to me. I would have preferred that he had simply sampled Human Nature as opposed to Right Here. I was going to say that I wasn't a big fan of the girl's part but I guess he had to appear at least a little different from SWV hahaha. I could have also done without auto-tune but that is still the sound of today.

The song itself is alright. Nothing special in my books.

This is as close as we've got so far to a commercially available MJ tribute track and so from that perspective it gets a thumbs up from me. Love the fact it has the dedication at the beginning, and I hope that MTV and others don't just delete it (they always leave the Japan dedication at the start of the recent Black Eyed Peas video, so hopefully Chris Brown's will be left on too).

I was a bit disappointed that the song 'Better on the other side' (which also features Chris Brown) never received a commercial release. Personally I thought the song was good and honest, and I was very impressed with the video which showed loads of respect for MJ. Notorious B.I.G had a major, successful commercial tribute released by P Diddy but MJ got nothing so far. Such a shame IMO.

isn't EVERY video and performance of Chris Brown a "MJ tribute".. He just dedicated this to him so he can copy him even MORE without being criticized as copy. You know the track was thought of by the producer and given to him and was like DAMN there's no way I can sing a 'cover' without copying MJ basically full out..

At that; the video had a few good dance moves, I kinda enjoyed it.. I just think the use of "dedicating it to MJ' is over used when someone wants to copy him.

I love the song! i heard Human Nature on the radio and got excited then i realised it was this song and was like?? but now i love it the song and video are both great tributes to MJ smooth moves!!

Back