Chris Brown Banned from the UK

Rockin.

Proud Member
Chris-Brown-Banned-From-UK-500x375.jpg

The Brits have booted Brown….
Chris Brown’s infamous attack on ex-girlfriend Rihanna is coming back to haunt him: The “Kiss Kiss” star has been banned from the United Kingdom.

Brown was sentenced to five years probation and community service after pleading guilty to felony assault in connection with the notorious Feb. 2009 attack that left the Bajan songstress brusies and bloodied. This week, Chris was forced to postpone a three-date Fan Appreciation tour in England and Ireland after he was denied a work visa to enter the country, BBC News said
According to British authorities, Brown’s visa was rejected because he was guilty of a “serious criminal offense.”
In a statement, the Britain’s Home Office said: “We reserve the right to refuse entry to the UK to anyone guilty of a serious criminal offence. Public safety is one of our primary concerns…each application to enter the UK is considered on its individual merits.”
The trek was due to begin in Glasgow on Wednesday, before making stops in London, Birmingham, Manchester, and Cork and Dublin in Ireland.
“Due to issues surrounding his work visa, (the) Ireland and United Kingdom leg of Chris Brown’s Fan Appreciation Tour has been postponed. Chris looks forward to performing for his fans abroad in the near future and thanks them for their continued support,” a statement from Brown’s spokesperson reads.
Tour promoters said the shows were being postponed “due to unforeseen circumstances” and advised people who bought tickets to hold-on to them, saying there would be “possible re-arranged dates.”

-----------------------------------------

Chris Brown Banned from Britain

Published on June 8, 2010 by Holly Stafford · No Comments

Musical artists trying to get their career back on track after beating their girlfriends should take note – You will have to get your career back on track somewhere else other than the UK. Chris Brown is learning this the hard way, being forced to postpone his UK tour after being denied a visa to enter the country due to his sentence for assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna 16 months ago.
Per E!:
“We reserve the right to refuse entry to the U.K. to anyone guilty of a serious criminal offense. Public safety is one of our primary concerns,” Britain’s Home Office said in a statement. “Each application to enter the U.K. is considered on its individual merits.”
Brown was due to kick off his tour in Glasgow tomorrow night followed by dates in London and Manchester and two others in Cork and Dublin, Ireland. The tour’s promoter, SJM, said the dates had been postponed “due to unforeseen circumstances.” Fans were advised to hold on to their tickets with the possibility of the dates being re-arranged.
“SORRY to all the fans in Europe!!! my tour is cancelled. Im pretty sure yall know. my entry was denied in your country. I love you. SORRY!!” Brown tweeted in a post that subsequently deleted in favor of an official statement from his publicist.
“Due to issues surrounding his work visa, the Ireland and United Kingdom leg of Chris Brown’s Fan Appreciation Tour has been postponed. Chris looks forward to performing for his fans abroad in the near future and thanks them for their continued support.”
Twitter is like a reps worst enemy. Hoorah for “delete” buttons.

So is this young man ever going to be able to catch a break?

I get what he did was wrong, but as far as I know, he is in full compliance with his court recommended obligations. He should, in my opinion, be able to move on with his career and livelihood.

Looking on the bright side, I believe a few years back, Snoop was denied entry also, but that decision has since been reversed. I hope, after a while, the same thing happens for Chris.

I will not offend Britain. But give me a break
go for it i dont mind this country is crap lol maybe the guy behind the visa decision is an mj fan lol. he will prob get in later after an appeal etc or when ppl have forgotten about his case. the goverment are alot sticter now a days after letting tyson in those incharge alot of flack for it. and theres the whole immigration issue over here aswell.itsn ot like hes got many fans over here anyway.hes seen more as mj tribute act

Hmmm...what he did was very wrong, but he has received his punishment in court. He's not a murderer and most likely not potentially dangerous for the people in the UK so I don't agree with the UK not giving him his visa.

Do they only give out visa's to people traveling from the US, btw? I never had to apply for a visa.

Do they only give out visa's to people traveling from the US, btw? I never had to apply for a visa
i guess its any or some countries that are outside of the EU, EU members can freely travel to other EU countries without a visa.

yeah brown is hardly a danger to anyone but i guess they are getting tough after stuff thats happened b4 and with a new goverment etc coming in. but in reality its abit pointless. then again who knows

Hmmm...what he did was very wrong, but he has received his punishment in court. He's not a murderer and most likely not potentially dangerous for the people in the UK so I don't agree with the UK not giving him his visa.

Do they only give out visa's to people traveling from the US, btw? I never had to apply for a visa.

You have to apply for a visa if you're coming to work which putting on shows is considered doing. Michael and everyone involved with TII would have had to apply for visas for example, if he was just visiting the country he wouldn't have to. If you're going on holiday you don't have to have a visa, you fill in a visa waiver form on the plane.

that has to really hurt Chris Brown, because the UK has a love affair with Brown's favorite influence of his....Michael Jackson.

You have to apply for a visa if you're coming to work which putting on shows is considered doing. Michael and everyone involved with TII would have had to apply for visas for example, if he was just visiting the country he wouldn't have to. If you're going on holiday you don't have to have a visa, you fill in a visa waiver form on the plane.
Actually I didn't have to fill in anything when traveling to the UK. I guess it's for people outside the EU like someone else mentioned. :yes:

Imagine having to check Michael's visa :wild:

He's a good artist, some decent tracks and all but I'm not surprised by this one bit.

I'm glad they didn't just let him in because of who he is. Lets face it, it would have been enough to not let Tom Dick or Harry into the country. I don't think that's harsh, I think it means if you do something like that face the consequences.

Actually I didn't have to fill in anything when traveling to the UK. I guess it's for people outside the EU like someone else mentioned.
yeah if u have an EU passport u dont have to fill in anything u can work and travel in any other EU country. but with him being american u need a visa to work and i guess like the other poster said u fill out a waiver form like uk ppl used to do when going to the usa b4 the esta or whatever its called came in if u are just having a holiday

Back