Check this out guys (Morphine)

Overdose of such drugs usually results in a suppression of the breathing reflex, which can obviously lead to a cardiac arrest.

Let's not forget a heart attack and a cardiac arrest aren't the same thing too.
What's the difference between them?

from http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartDiseaseOverview/story?id=4222711

Answer: There's an important difference between a heart attack and cardiac arrest. A cardiac arrest is a sudden collapse in an individual who is non-responsive, who has abnormal breathing. Abnormal breathing is either agonal respiration, or gasping, or not breathing at all. In that situation, the most important thing is to call 9-1-1, and start doing continuous chest compressions without mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
A heart attack is when the arteries supplying the heart get blocked up. Even though the heart is full of blood at all times, and pumps a hundred-thousand times each day, it doesn't get any of the blood it needs from the inside.

It wasn't his fault about getting addicted to this stuff. It's highly addicting, and if medical personnel are not diligent about care, and try to get him off by switching the medication, he got addicted. I don't blame him, I blame his doctors for getting him hooked.

wow this is jacked up. Why give such a strong med for a burn...couldn't they just have giving him something less addictive?? Not so strong? I mean after getting hurt it normal to have some pain. Oh this sucks.

I wonder HOW michael got started. I thought it was 93's allegations that caused him to start. Now I see that it was the pepsi burn and wrong dosing on his slender body that caused him to get hooked to begin with. MAN! Eliz such a true friend helped him but she couldn't be with him always...where were the others. Man.

I've always hated drugs. Anything that could alter my bodly functions so quick and drastically, I wanted nothing to with. Even over the counter things. I never took them. I just took the pain. I think herbs (who are potent aswell) are more natural and would prefer those over synethics that just help one problem and destroy 10 others.

I thought of this song, next day after MJ slipped away out of our lifes the night before. I had an awful feeling he was still on medicated drugs.

We will probably never know the details and all the facts about medication in Michael's life, and we'll have to live with that. We'll hear plenty of theories, so-called sources and what not, but it doesn't really matter now, does it?

i was thinking about this, with a few of the people who knew MJ personally saying what they are saying. I thought about this song and how public he actually was and no cry for help seemed to work out. I think about all the odd behavior that if any other person did it we'd be like: "oh, God! what is this person on?!" but for MJ to do it, it was no big deal and Michael just being Michael and oh he's wonderfully eccentric...smh everyone failed him.

You know, this song has always been my favourite MJ song and it's the only song that's ever made me cry when I listened to it. There's just so much anger, pain and resentment in his voice, and then all the crazyness stops with "relax, this won't hurt you. Before I put it in, close your eyes and count to ten."

There's something so incredibly sad and painful about this song, and I've felt that way for years. Now that you've pointed out the "heart attack" reference, I'm really starting to feel eerie about it too.

I've been avoiding bringing this up but.........

Barbara: How did you hear of her [Princess Diana] death?
Michael: Um...I woke up (in a quiet and reflective voice) and my doctor gave me the news. And I fell back down in grief, and I started to cry. The pain...I felt inner pain, in my stomach, and in my chest. (his voice starts to break slightly) So, I said, "I can't handle this...it's too much." Just the message and the fact that I knew her personally. Then on top of that one I said, "There's another one...real soon...I feel it coming...there's another one....it's another one coming and I pray it's not me...please don't let it be me." And then Mother Theresa came...
Barbara: Are you psychic...is that what you're saying?
Michael: I don't want to say that, but I've done it before.
Barbara: And you thought it might be you?
Michael: Yes.

Crap :(

I really didn't think that he was addicted still either. I knew that he HAD been, but didn't know any of this :(

That song always freaked me out. But earlier this week it came into my head so I tried to listen to it...I closed iTunes after 30 seconds.

edit: I've been thinking about Barbara Walters interview too today. :( It made me cry when I saw it for the first time.

it's a powerful song, that has more meaning than many thought. Most if not all of Mikes songs had a special meaning to him that had to do with his life. I personally just didn't know how deep this song was in reference to what was going thru. I never realized the drugs had that strong of a control over him. :(

I don't care what anyone says, people knew about it. And for one reason or another, it wasn't enough to save him.

I think it was Rev. Sharpton who said this recently and it makes me smile thinking about it: Michael came into the world and found it one way, but he left it another. He changed the world.

ive had both morphine and dem and i tell u, the feeling is amazing. sounds bad but it is. it's like a warm sister hugging all of u and u feel so happy and tired u just fade away.

i don't think that is about her. it sounds like it was about the addict who was tryingto stop but they kept him on it. note today he's taking twice as much...he treid to stop and now he's in even deeper than before

Yeah I didn't think he was still taking it. I heard he was addicted long ago but thought that he'd beat the addiction.

Hard to know what to believe right now.

Before I start typing, if you notice my 'T's are missing, the key is screwy on my comp

It seems Michael has had kind of a fear about pain killer deaths. He mentioned it to Lisa, and to Barbara. THAT is what frightens me - and also that MOST LIKELY he died of the exact same thing he is afraid of - which also suggests at the times of making these comments - he WAS using pain killers -and was likely addicted or afraid to stop.

Personally, I feel when he mentioned it to Walters, he was having major fear, not premonition.

Has anyone noticed Michael has had extreme anxiety? One of the syntoms of anxiety is perfectionism, and if hes taking Benzos, it tells me he likely has some form of an anxiety disorder.

I listend to that song over and over today...I do love that song....but i will always haunt me forever now. I cried and screamed. And imagined it was me with the pain rather than him..

I would just like to know if anyone knows what is said at two bits..at around 1.33 when there is a knock on the door.is that michael when you first hear someone say ''you heard what the doctor said? '' it does sound like him..and then what is said directly after that..its so mumbled...and at 5.24..does michael say tohme as in that doctor tohme tohme or whatever his name is....if anyone knows id b very grateful

I would just like to know if anyone knows what is said at two bits..at around 1.33 when there is a knock on the door.is that michael when you first hear someone say ''you heard what the doctor said? '' it does sound like him..and then what is said directly after that..its so mumbled...and at 5.24..does michael say tohme as in that doctor tohme tohme or whatever his name is....if anyone knows id b very grateful

I am not sure 100% what is said but all the voices are from the film "The Elephant Man" ;)

aaa yes i just found that out too...it just sounded quite like him ..but koool....does anyone know if in any interview michael took part in , they questioned him about his dependance on these painkillers? I am sure i saw a interview where he talked about it but i cant remember what..maybe it was just the deposition ?

Back