Challenge: replace the four "weakest" songs on the Bad album

Fuzball

Proud Member
This might be a though task: get rid of the four weakest tracks on the Bad album and replace their slots with four other songs that were considered for the Bad album at some point AND that were later released or have been leaked. Kinda the same steps Q did on Thriller.

I'd remove JGF & APOM and (it really isn't easy to chose from a list of brillant songs) probably TWYMMF & Speed Demon.

New songs: PoF, Streetwalker (not the BB mix), Cheater and probably tyla or an 80s version of tdcau.

1. Bad
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Streetwalker
4. Cheater
5. Just Good Friends
6. Another Part Of Me
7. Man In The Mirror
8. Come Together
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
11. Throwing Your Life Away

Last edited:
I’m leaving out: Man In The Mirror, The Way You Make Me Feel, Just Good Friends and Speed Demon

I’m adding: Streetwalker, I’m So Blue and uhhmm I dunno, not too big on most of the songs from this era

I’m leaving out: Man In The Mirror, The Way You Make Me Feel, Just Good Friends and Speed Demon

I’m adding: Streetwalker, I’m So Blue and uhhmm I dunno, not too big on most of the songs from this era
I'm So Blue or Loving You?

Both similar songs that I love, hard to pick one.

1. Price of Fame
3. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
4. Liberian Girl
5. Cheater
6. Another Part of Me
7. Man in the Mirror
8. Fly Away
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal

1. Bad
3. Streetwalker
4. Cheater
5. Just Good Friends
6. Another Part Of Me
7. Man In The Mirror
8. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
You don't like the slow songs, I suppose?

I like Bad is one of the Bad songs on Bad. So I'd rather see it replaced with Streetwalker

4 Weakest: Speed Demon, Just Good Friends, APOM, IJCSLY.

Strongest Bad outtakes: Cheater, Price of Fame, Streetwalker (Quincy’s Mix), TYLA.

New tracklist:
1. Streetwalker (Quincy’s Mix)
2. Bad
3. TWYMMF
4. TYLA
5. Liberian Girl
6. Cheater
7. MITM
8. Price of Fame
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
11. Leave Me Alone

4 weakest songs?? Mate there isn't any weak tracks on Bad 😅 this is just going to upset me

1. Bad
3. Speed Demon
4. Liberian Girl
5. Price Of Fame (if there's a QJ version)
6. Another Part Of Me
7. Man In The Mirror
8. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
11. Leave Me Alone

Reluctantly I only added Price Of Fame, the demo's from the Bad era are fantastic, but aside from Price Of Fame and Cheater, I can't see them fitting on the record.

I've grown to really appreciate Just Good Friends, it's two of the greatest vocals in music history at their vocal peak, they could have sung the phone book.

This might be a though task: get rid of the four weakest tracks on the Bad album and replace their slots with four other songs that were considered for the Bad album at some point AND that were later released or have been leaked. Kinda the same steps Q did on Thriller.

I'd remove JGF & APOM and (it really isn't easy to chose from a list of brillant songs) probably TWYMMF & Speed Demon.

New songs: PoF, Streetwalker (not the BB mix), Cheater and probably tyla or an 80s version of tdcau.
There are no weakest songs on this album! Only SD, TWYMMF and JGF. Rest songs are masterpieces

I love the Bad album, it’s my favorite. I wouldn’t get rid of any of the songs, but I would definitely add Streetwalker as a 12th song on the album.
'Streetwalker' would have been redundant on his 'BAD' album, considering that it is pretty much a repetition of the 'The Way You Make Me Feel' song.

1. Bad
3. Streetwalker
4. Cheater
5. Just Good Friends
6. Another Part Of Me
7. Man In The Mirror
8. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
Close to my list,the only thing I would replace is JGF…..with a proper Someone Put Your Hand Out version.
JGF to me is the weakest track,I always skip that one.

4 weakest songs?? Mate there isn't any weak tracks on Bad 😅 this is just going to upset me
I know. 😁
The album's almost perfect.

I've grown to really appreciate Just Good Friends, it's two of the greatest vocals in music history at their vocal peak, they could have sung the phone book.

Since Michael's camp had leaked stories about duets with Prince and Streisand, I assume they had to deliver a big name on the album and they've probably chosen JGF in hurry.

Wish Michael and Stevie had written a song together. Or at least chosen a song already written by Michael.

Four? I really struggled to find the fourth song. So I only stuck with three:
My choice:

Bad
TWYMMF
Speed Demon
Liberian Girl
Just Good Friends
Another Part Of Me

Man In The Mirror
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone

Bad
TWYMMF
Speed Demon
Fly Away
Cheater
(Streetwalker) or Price Of Fame

Man In The Mirror
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dirty Diana
Smooth Criminal
Leave Me Alone

APOM was a easy choice. It's a cool song, but that could've been released as a separate single, together with We Are Here To Change The World. Probably I would just add the songs that were on the Special Edition. A alternative for Streetwalker could be Price Of Fame.
As much as I love Streetwalker, but by adding that Song on the list, we would probably get a different version of the Dangerous song.

I know. 😁
The album's almost perfect.

Since Michael's camp had leaked stories about duets with Prince and Streisand, I assume they had to deliver a big name on the album and they've probably chosen JGF in hurry.

Wish Michael and Stevie had written a song together. Or at least chosen a song already written by Michael.
I’ve always said that Leave Me Alone would be a perfect song for them to sing together. I can hear Stevie’s voice on that song. It’s almost too perfect of an idea.

I’ve always said that Leave Me Alone would be a perfect song for them to sing together. I can hear Stevie’s voice on that song. It’s almost too perfect of an idea.
This is actually one of the worst ideas of all time.

The main strength of the 'Leave Me Alone' song, as appeared as a solo track on the 'BAD' album, is its double meaning (i.e., about a supposed woman and about the media/press).

Besides, whenever Michael Jackson collaborated with Stevie Wonder on songs, the results were always substandard ('Get It', 'Just Good Friends', 'I Can't Help It', and so on).

This is actually one of the worst ideas of all time.

The main strength of the 'Leave Me Alone' song, as appeared as a solo track on the 'BAD' album, is its double meaning (i.e., about a supposed woman and about the media/press).

Besides, whenever Michael Jackson collaborated with Stevie Wonder on songs, the results were always substandard ('Get It', 'Just Good Friends', 'I Can't Help It', and so on).
I disagree with everything you said, in particular the last part. I don’t now what you’ve been inhaling but they made some great songs together throughout the years. I can’t believe you called I can’t help it substandard. Or actually I can.

I Can’t Help it
All I Do
Just Good Friends
With a child’s heart (not a direct collaboration)
We Are The World
You Haven’t Done Nothing
Get It
Buttercup

i’m probably forgetting some others.

Last edited:
“Just Good Friends” is replaced with “Abortion Papers.” (It’d be controversial, but it’s a damn good song.)

“I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” is replaced with “I’m So Blue.”

Nothing else needs to be touched.

“Just Good Friends” is replaced with “Abortion Papers.” (It’d be controversial, but it’s a damn good song.)
AP sounds phenomenal. With other lyrics this would have been a huge hit.

Last edited:
Nothing can go!
But I would add Al Capone... even though that's an early version of Smooth Criminal. I love them both.
(I know it would be stupid to do... but I'm hooked on both!)

Ya know what? Yes!
Stevie singing on Abortion Papers? Help me out here bc I'm not seeing how that works, lol. AP is one of my top fave songs but I can't see how Stevie (or any other male voice) fits into it. :unsure:

Stevie's very political and he is a Christian but I'm still struggling to visualise this! Is it just a straight duet? They both just sing the whole song together? 🤨

Last edited:
I wish this said only replace 1 song and not 4 because the only song that gets me tight is "Just Good Friends" for real. 🤣 Bambi and Stevie could've let us have "Get It" on the Bad album instead of playing with us like that! 🥴

Add: Loving You, I'm So Blue, Streetwalker, and Someone Put Your Hand Out (1986)

Out: Just Good Friends, Leave Me Alone, I Just Can't Stop Loving You, and Speed Demon.

Picking the ones to take out hurt me SO bad-- 💀 LMFAOOO!! 😭

Back