Celine Dion will perform tribute to Michael in her new Vegas show

Has the video of the interview on youtube! :wild: I watched this a long time ago, but now I am not able to find it. :doh:

Here you go:

Here's translation:

Celine: Larry, is the vice prsident of Sony in New York and he's the only who who talks to Michael Jackson, everyday...

Sonia, the interviewer: The Michael Jackson?...

Celinee: He's not here. He's the only one who talks to Michael Jackson and I said ''I love Michael so much, its crazy, say Hi to him for me.'' I knew it wouldn't work but it didn't matter I said ''Say Hi for me, tell him I love him very, very much''. (well the exact translation would be that she loves him to the extreme). When I came back Larry told me ''Celine I have a gift for you.'' I'm gonna show you something. Don't move.

Sonia: Michael is in Celine's wardrobe

Celine: No, no he's not a prisoner here. So he says ''I have a surprise for you''. Look at this... I receive this. First , look here's Michael's feet. Well I... .

With a small note saying ''You'll find an autographed picture of Michael Jackson for Celine Dion'' I...

. Its written ' To Celine, All my love, Michael Jackson.' Now I don't why he dedicated 1998 hohoho with an arrow. In 1998 he'll be 40, that I know. Does it mean that? Doesn' it mean he'll stop singing? Will it be big for him? I don't know what will happen. And me, my lucky number is 5 and he put 5 bars here 1-2-3-4-5. Then he told me its not all there's another gift. So I open the box and I... I was crying. I'm crazy about Michael Jackson. See the Billie Jean hat, here ''Michael Jackson'' its real its not a fake. ''Love, Michael Jackson'' with the 5 things again.

From LSA:
I had an audio of an interview she made back in 1990, probably when she released her first album in English. She talked about being in a studio with a guy who knew MJ and she told the guy to tell MJ hello, that she was crazy about him, a big fan etc. But she didn't expected anything, she was just talking like that.

Later on she received an autographed picture of him with a Billie Jean hat.

Its her showing the presents in that interview:

24o3xj4.jpg

2qkpm6o.jpg

1zodyr4.jpg

Her emotion. And she kept the picture and the envelop by her bed. Wowwwwww.... so amazing!! Just think of the so many wonderful little things Michael did over the years, making dreams come true, making a difference on so many people's lives... what a man.

And what a lucky fan!!! :clapping:

Celine Dion has always been such a sweet person and not surprising at all that she has always loved Michael and still remembers him today! Gotta love and embrace her even more for that! She's an amazing performer herself and just goes to show that loving and looking up to Michael as your musical inspiration gets you places and she's a star in her own right! : )

Webbie;3263721 said:
The CHARLIE CHAPLIN tune CELINE DION will perform at the Oscars on Sunday (27Feb11) will also feature in her new show in Las Vegas – as part of a tribute to MICHAEL JACKSON.

Dion will perform Smile as images of the celebrities and film technicians who have passed away in the last 12 months are flashed onto a screen behind her at the Academy Awards.

But it won’t be a one-off performance – Dion, who was part of a tribute to the King of Pop at the 2010 Grammy Awards, will salute the late star during her new Sin City show with the song, a favourite of Jackson’s.

She explains, “He changed my life. I saw him on TV and I wanted to sing in English because he was, so and I went to learn English and met with him and I (sang) with him and he came to see the show and he had a big impact on my life.”

Jackson’s brother Jermaine sang the Chaplin song at the King of Pop’s memorial concert in 2009.

SOURCE

Thank you! I'll definitely tune in to see her sing for Michael.

1998? :read: Titanic movie came out 1997, and her smash hit..I mean she was popular, but the song it became Dion's biggest hit: one of the best-selling singles of all time, also the world's best-selling single of 1998: :computer: according to billboard.

================================
:popcorn:

I saw Celine at Wembly 'Let's Talk about Love' concert, she was amazing.
I'm sure Michael would be very happy that she is singing some of his songs, 'Smile' will be beautiful with her voice.

Webbie;3263721 said:
The CHARLIE CHAPLIN tune CELINE DION will perform at the Oscars on Sunday (27Feb11) will also feature in her new show in Las Vegas – as part of a tribute to MICHAEL JACKSON.

Dion will perform Smile as images of the celebrities and film technicians who have passed away in the last 12 months are flashed onto a screen behind her at the Academy Awards.

But it won’t be a one-off performance – Dion, who was part of a tribute to the King of Pop at the 2010 Grammy Awards, will salute the late star during her new Sin City show with the song, a favourite of Jackson’s.

She explains, “He changed my life. I saw him on TV and I wanted to sing in English because he was, so and I went to learn English and met with him and I (sang) with him and he came to see the show and he had a big impact on my life.”

Jackson’s brother Jermaine sang the Chaplin song at the King of Pop’s memorial concert in 2009.

SOURCE
Thanks Webbie for posting.
I logged on to post about this but as usual, I'm late. LOL!

And yes, Celine was on Oprah ....her 27th visit, and spoke about it.

just goes to show that loving and looking up to Michael as your musical inspiration gets you places
There are millions, if not billions, of people "looking up to Michael" who will go nowhere in life or at least not the "places" you're thinking of. The individual's talent, determination, and luck are what determines if or she goes to those "places."

As for Celine Dion, I would never be able to tell if the long face was due to Michael or, well, because . . .

e3d8d823.jpg

i remember dat tribute she did of bad, man that was pretty tight

So here it is, Celine's tribute to MJ

[youtube]U60RXUhVefI[/youtube]

When she sang "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you, Celine Dion, you sang it beautifully. :wub:
I love Michael Jackson, and I know he is still with us, and listening to Celine with a smile on his face.

Oh lord! she's singing Man in the Mirror! that song has forever changed for me since the memorial service....:(

Appreciate Celine for doing this tribute to Mike though, can't wait to see the actual footage of her performing these songs..:clapping:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2011-03-11-celine11_VA_N.htm

Celine Dion's eponymous new show at Caesars Palace dispenses with outrageous theatrics featuring a cast of thousands and instead offers her fans a trip through her hits plus a few notable extras. Such as a tribute to Michael Jackson.

"I admired Michael a lot," says Dion, adding that she first took notice of the icon when he sang Ben on a TV show she watched. She reprises that song as well as Man in the Mirror in Celine, complete with perfectly placed yelps.

"I'll never forget the day he came to see my show (A New Day)," she says. "He sat toward the back. Afterward he came to talk to me. He wanted to know about doing the show, what it took. I think he was interested in maybe doing the same thing on the Strip."

Her advice to Jackson: Go for it, so long as you can make sure that the theater's humidity level stays at a throat-friendly 55%. Caesars Palace's Colosseum achieves that through a vast network of humidity-generating ducting.

Her advice to Jackson: Go for it, so long as you can make sure that the theater's humidity level stays at a throat-friendly 55%. Caesars Palace's Colosseum achieves that through a vast network of humidity-generating ducting.

Now THAT is really professional advise! the good ones know better! :clapping:

Love Celine...

she's always been so nice and respectful towards MJ.. She even said she was so angry when he died after finding out he wasn't sick or ill. With all the rumors and such she thought he was sick, but after finding out that MJ wasn't sick, and that he was killed by his doctor, she was angry. I found her saying that very heartfelt and real..

Celine seemed more heartbroken about MJ's death than his own family. Her tribute to him will be awesome and heartfelt. Much respect to her!

Back